MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > ggFTW > Questions, Feedback & Suggestions

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (6) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-15-2010   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Banned

Jerhyn is your worst nightmare!Jerhyn is your worst nightmare!Jerhyn is your worst nightmare!Jerhyn is your worst nightmare!Jerhyn is your worst nightmare!
Default Disable Rep-Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerhyn View Post
That is such bullshyt.
Where are the admins? Don't they regulate this part of the forum?
Sorry to hear about what they did to your rep bar.
I don't want no rep bar lvls okay? Give me a option to disable it. I don't want no efing red light under my itrader or someone new for forum might think im a scammer or something.
If you would look more closely, you can disable your reputation.

Go to User CP > Edit Options > and uncheck your "Show Your Reputation Level.

Don't see it, I used ctrl+f okay? I checked it numerous times.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-15-2010   #2 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

You do not have that option. You have to be either a VIP, Donor, or have 500 posts.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

02-15-2010   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Jerhyn is your worst nightmare!Jerhyn is your worst nightmare!Jerhyn is your worst nightmare!Jerhyn is your worst nightmare!Jerhyn is your worst nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirae
you do not have that option. You have to be either a vip, donor, or have 500 posts.
很黄很暴力。

你帮我取消掉看看,乱给分你们都不管的?

02-15-2010   #4 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

Anchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Anchors Send a message via MSN to Anchors
IGN: 敖
Class: musical sociopath
Level: -1

Does anyone actually take the rep thing seriously? I don't think I've ever ħrepped anyone since it was implemented /swt
Hemathion, 4411 3:5:4::WT:HP:MA melee dark lord, 140/140

Anchors, 1414 MA priest, 244/250
Vadise, 1414 MA wind/earth soul master, 210/216
IreneAdler, 1414 MA fire/lightning soul master, 154/152

So, like, let's go look for the road and talk about our hair!
~CotAQ

02-15-2010   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchors
Does anyone actually take the rep thing seriously? I don't think I've ever ħrepped anyone since it was implemented /swt
I DON'T want a rep bar! I just don't want no red light blinking under my iTrader. Especially when I didn't even say anything wrong. You can check the details, it's SO bull, in comments he just put down "rr" and "*". DOUBLE-YOU-TEA-EFF?

02-15-2010   #6 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

Anchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to all

In other words, if anyone bothers to investigate, they'll see that the negative rep thing is totally artificial anyway.

The itrader rating carries so much more significance than the silly rep bar. If the comments from that are any indication, you're clearly not a scammer.

What I'm trying to say is that the rep bar is just about meaningless. Until you hit 500 posts (apparently. Or just donate), you can't get rid of it, but you probably shouldn't worry about it while it's stuck there.

Besides, getting bent out of shape about it will likely only earn you more -rep to live with until you can get rid of the bar. .-.

~CotAQ

02-15-2010   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
In other words, if anyone bothers to investigate, they'll see that the negative rep thing is totally artificial anyway.

The itrader rating carries so much more significance than the silly rep bar. If the comments from that are any indication, you're clearly not a scammer.

What I'm trying to say is that the rep bar is just about meaningless. Until you hit 500 posts (apparently. Or just donate), you can't get rid of it, but you probably shouldn't worry about it while it's stuck there.

Besides, getting bent out of shape about it will likely only earn you more -rep to live with until you can get rid of the bar. .-.
You've just lead me into my next topic: Corrupted System.
How did this happen in the first place?
So you can just go around and de-rep ppl for no reason?

02-15-2010   #8 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

You can de-rep people for no reason, but it'll show up as no reason... Like I said, it'll be obviously phony -rep.

~CotAQ

02-15-2010   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You can de-rep people for no reason, but it'll show up as no reason... Like I said, it'll be obviously phony -rep.
Then I want it REMOVED! Like I said I don't want no freaking rep-bar.

02-15-2010   #10 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Hey, chill out a little. I can see you're upset over it, but you also need to realize that the forum staff is not going to cater to any one person here. The only option is to keep the bar. Needing 500 posts is a bit of a stretch, but tehre is nothing you can really do about it. Please calm down. Honestly, it's not worth getting so bent out of shape over something so trivial. Most of the people that leave de-rep just do it to stroke their own ego anyway.

モノノ怪

02-15-2010   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryxios
Hey, chill out a little. I can see you're upset over it, but you also need to realize that the forum staff is not going to cater to any one person here. The only option is to keep the bar. Needing 500 posts is a bit of a stretch, but tehre is nothing you can really do about it. Please calm down. Honestly, it's not worth getting so bent out of shape over something so trivial.
Honestly this is the way I talk. I'm pretty foul when bullshyt happens. Why? Because it's BULLSHYT, get it? BULL SHYT.

Now IDK what country you live in but when this happens in my country, consumer have the right to speak up. Now instead I'm fighting the system.

02-15-2010   #12 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

I've already spoken up about it. I have already voiced my concerns that, while the reputation system is not an important thing around the board, the abusers will continue to abuse it, because there is no punishment for doing so it.

However, staff has made it clear that nothing will be done regarding the situation, and unless it's actual flaming/derogatory remarks/harassment left in the de-rep, that users are to simply ignore it, and/or disable their reputation if they desire. Clearly, disabling it is not an option for you, but honestly, just ignore it. If you show that you can get riled up so easily over 'lol intarweb dramaz,' people are that much more likely to de-rep just to get a reaction out of you.

モノノ怪

02-15-2010   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I've already spoken up about it. I have already voiced my concerns that, while the reputation system is not an important thing around the board, the abusers will continue to abuse it, because there is no punishment for doing so it.

However, staff has made it clear that nothing will be done regarding the situation, and unless it's actual flaming/derogatory remarks/harassment left in the de-rep, that users are to simply ignore it, and/or disable their reputation if they desire. Clearly, disabling it is not an option for you, but honestly, just ignore it. If you show that you can get riled up so easily over 'lol intarweb dramaz,' people are that much more likely to de-rep just to get a reaction out of you.
Reaction? Tell an admin to send me the IP address of those who de-rep me and I will show you what a real reaction is.

02-15-2010   #14 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I know what you're talking about, but getting pissy over something that doesn't even really mean anything is kinda silly. I'm from the same country, we are allowed to speak up, but don't be a jerk about it. You could have simply asked how to, and leave it at that. So what if someone gives you bad rep? Go towards getting good rep by helping the community. You're only making yourself look bad by whining about it.

02-15-2010   #15 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

Not to mention you're letting it drive you to making statements you may regret posting later... Are you really going to let this guy who's -repping you have this kind of control over you?

~CotAQ

02-15-2010   #16 (permalink)
Legends of League
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

Dragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Ideality
Level: 30

It's one thing to get upset, and one thing to start bashing at others. If you don't like your negative rep, report it, I'm sure it could be sorted out. In the meantime, just go around helping people. I'm sure they will rep you and you'll be green again in no time.

As well, it's made so that only people with 50+ posts and positive Rep can affect your rep, so it must have been someone that actually found a post of your discomforting or unhelpful. In any sense, there are already measures taken so just chill. If you don't think the de-rep was fair, just report and see what the other party has to say about it.

League of Legends Fanatic - NA - Ideality

02-15-2010   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks those who give me support. I'll keep this thread updated.

02-15-2010   #18 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
getting pissy over something that doesn't even really mean anything is kinda silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
So what if someone gives you bad rep? Go towards getting good rep by helping the community. You're only making yourself look bad by whining about it.
Quote:
Are you really going to let this guy who's -repping you have this kind of control over you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerhyn
Reaction? Tell an admin to send me the IP address of those who de-rep me and I will show you what a real reaction is.
Frankly, you're only making yourself like like a d-, with the things you've been posting. If you continue to carry on in the way you have been (Your last post was pretty much borderline threat), then you are no better than the person you de-repped you. Chew on that thought for a little bit.

Might I suggest you go get some fresh air or something, and cool your head? Anger only serves to cloud one's judgment.

@Dragon, reporting de-rep does nothing. I know this from personal experience. Unless it is an attack against you, blatant harassment, you will almost always be advised to simply ignore it.

モノノ怪

02-15-2010   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Frankly, you're only making yourself like like a d-, with the things you've been posting. If you continue to carry on in the way you have been (Your last post was pretty much borderline threat), then you are no better than the person you de-repped you. Chew on that thought for a little bit.

Might I suggest you go get some fresh air or something, and cool your head? Anger only serves to cloud one's judgment.

@Dragon, reporting de-rep does nothing. I know this from personal experience. Unless it is an attack against you, blatant harassment, you will almost always be advised to simply ignore it.
It was meant to be a threat. To the abusers. Yea, de-rep me, w/e. Since there is no consequence what so EVER. Then why should anyone care about ANYTHING?

02-15-2010   #20 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

You misunderstand me. There is no consequence for abusing the reputation system, unless you directly attack someone. There are still consequences for threatening others on the board itself.

モノノ怪