Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-13-2010   #1 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego
Default Mr. and Ms. ggftw round 4

This is concerning the final round of mr. & ms. ggftw
the rules did not make sense and conflicted with each other
let's take a look at this part:
"When answering the questions, please be as specific as possible. Do not put anything that will give a clue as to who you are are as these answers are to be kept anonymous."
the more specific i get, the less anonymous i get
being specific means giving lots of detail, but the very definition of that would be giving clues to who i am
for example, i was the first one to make a blog, my thread has the most views in random, my latale guides have about 20k views each, i've won the most number of events, etc. etc.
but i can't mention any of that because it would tell who i am, even though it's being more specific
this round was supposed to be about "the community knowing more about why you should be qualified to present /ggFTW! :]"
but if it's to be kept anonymous, then that leaves out my history and specific contributions i've made to this forum, which should very well be considered when deciding Mr. or Ms. ggftw
voters don't take any of this into account; they assume the answers are our actual answers
it was blatantly obvious who was who; most, if not everyone, voted based on the content of the entries rather than the person
so i see no reason why it was to be kept anonymous, given the circumstances
the previous rounds were anonymous too, but they weren't asking questions about us when there's only 2 people left in each division

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-13-2010   #2 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Yeah, I agree. Truthfully, I thought that Phuc would have won Mr.ggFTW rather than some random person like me.

01-14-2010   #3 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

This portion of the event is suppose to be similar to something you would see within a beauty pageant. They are not anonymous for beauty pageants and we wanted to try and keep it anonymous.

The reason we maintained the rule was due to the result of us not wanting this to turn into some type of "popularity" contest. We wanted the community to vote based on the person's response to the questions [as well as the other sections of the event].

I know you are frustrated by that rule and changes can be made. After all, this is the first launch. I will see what I can do to change the type of tasks so that it will not be that hard to be anonymous.

Community feedback on events and what they would like to see done/changed are always welcome.

Thank you for understanding.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

01-14-2010   #4 (permalink)
Snow White
Special
Games
ACE OnlineAir RivalsCosmic BreakGunZ
Awards Event WinnerPervert Award

Ayumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you on this one, nice explanation and such. Your points are completely valid with good meanings.

01-14-2010   #5 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

to the person who derepped me:
i already gave up before sending my entry in
it doesn't even matter if i won
or who the contestants are
could've been noejeko vs sunchip, skillzkillz vs kag
this thread is feedback about the RULES, not about winning or losing