Send a message via MSN to Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Ken
IGN: LoveKen
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: Lay low
Guild: Exorcist
Xfire: Xfire sucks
Default minor question,,,

stupid question but,,,
why did the game forums separated from normal ones, it is harder to switch around,,,

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-01-2009   #2 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Because if we move all the game forums in with the other ones, visitors to Lunia, LaTale, and Trickster will BAW BAW as if we had just shut down the site.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

10-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
Ken
本来无一物,何处惹尘埃,问世间有几多爱 ღ 陈冠希
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCross Fire
Awards Facebook Fan

Ken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Ken
IGN: LoveKen
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: Lay low
Guild: Exorcist
Xfire: Xfire sucks

o...because...the forum is such a long page now...is more organize before..so

10-03-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleEden EternalDragon Nest

Lenono is on a distinguished road
IGN: ViradoPaulista
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 17x
Guild: Infiniti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
o...because...the forum is such a long page now...is more organize before..so
This. I dont care about other games, i just care the game im playing "Latale" and the General forum just like before.

Last edited by Lenono; 10-04-2009 at 11:11 AM.

10-04-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenono
This. I dont care about other games, i just care the game im playing "Latale" and the General forum just like before.
My thoughts exactly.. I got so used to just clicking /gg FTW! at the top above the User CP and checking Trickster forums as well as General and now.. eh.

10-04-2009   #6 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Hi guys,

I understand that you may not care about the other games but the other 15,5xx members of this site and 400,000 unregistered guests/month do. I realize that all of our decisions won't make everyone happy; we strive to make the majority happy.

FYI: You do have the option to bookmark the game forum in which you are interested so that you don't have to move your mouse a few inches to make that extra click.

Cheers.

10-05-2009   #7 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to weissritter
IGN: Weibritter // Edelweis
Class: Lion / Gundams to_scientist
Guild: Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Hi guys,

I understand that you may not care about the other games but the other 15,5xx members of this site and 400,000 unregistered guests/month do. I realize that all of our decisions won't make everyone happy; we strive to make the majority happy.

FYI: You do have the option to bookmark the game forum in which you are interested so that you don't have to move your mouse a few inches to make that extra click.

Cheers.
Just wondering if it is possible to have a "layout or template" feature, that allow for you to customize say your a TO fan, as well as SDgundam. And would like to show

ggFTW annoucements on top, TO on the middle, SD on the middle below, then all the general, random, stuff on the bottom. Like how it was originally.

So that maybe it will work better for some people?

If it is too much work I understand.

10-05-2009   #8 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissritter
Just wondering if it is possible to have a "layout or template" feature, that allow for you to customize say your a TO fan, as well as SDgundam. And would like to show

ggFTW annoucements on top, TO on the middle, SD on the middle below, then all the general, random, stuff on the bottom. Like how it was originally.
This is what we were trying to achieve with the forum splits we had before. In fact, if you'll remember the MMOG 2.0 project we were actually trying to create separate sites for the games while maintaining the user database.

There were two problems with this. The first is that we had to license every site separately. Even under what you're describing we have to obtain a separate license for each "customized" page. So assuming we do that for the 5 most popular games we're looking at a $629 license fee per site or $3,145 for all 5.

The second problem is simply time. I'm the only web engineer on staff and it takes every bit of my time trying to run cross-promo events (publisher sponsored), key giveaways, keep that damn botnet off here that's been attacking us for the last 2 weekends (the reason you see a 5,000 user record at the bottom of the forum), etc.

Your idea is good, please don't get me wrong -- its just not feasible with our current revenue stream. In light of this, we have to try to organize everything in a way that makes the most sense for most of the users within the constraints of our budget -- which is still in the red every month. It's getting better but we're still not there yet.

10-05-2009   #9 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to weissritter
IGN: Weibritter // Edelweis
Class: Lion / Gundams to_scientist
Guild: Symphony
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
This is what we were trying to achieve with the forum splits we had before. In fact, if you'll remember the MMOG 2.0 project we were actually trying to create separate sites for the games while maintaining the user database.

There were two problems with this. The first is that we had to license every site separately. Even under what you're describing we have to obtain a separate license for each "customized" page. So assuming we do that for the 5 most popular games we're looking at a $629 license fee per site or $3,145 for all 5.

The second problem is simply time. I'm the only web engineer on staff and it takes every bit of my time trying to run cross-promo events (publisher sponsored), key giveaways, keep that damn botnet off here that's been attacking us for the last 2 weekends (the reason you see a 5,000 user record at the bottom of the forum), etc.

Your idea is good, please don't get me wrong -- its just not feasible with our current revenue stream. In light of this, we have to try to organize everything in a way that makes the most sense for most of the users within the constraints of our budget -- which is still in the red every month. It's getting better but we're still not there yet.
Ok paul I understand. Thank you for the hard work and keep it up

10-05-2009   #10 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Takes a few seconds longer to scroll through and find the game forum I want, nothing much for me to complain about. Besides, the more popular ones have sub-forums in them now.

10-05-2009   #11 (permalink)
shotgun opera lock'n load
Special
Games
FiestaTrickster OnlineTransformice!King of Kings III
Awards Event WinnerSotW Professional

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Heyou

It took me a bit to get used to, but I think I like this way better. Plus yes, it isn't that hard to bookmark the section you specifically like.