Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-30-2008   #1 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki
Default A Story by NoeJeko

Let me tell you all a little story:

When I entered the military and arrived at my first base, I knew nothing about anything. I was told to call the base hospital one day and book an appointment for my first physical exam. I didn't know the phone number, so I asked my supervisor for the number.

He gave me a phone number and I called it.

When the line connected, it wasn't the base hospital - it was the base commander. The general was highly pissed that an airman had called his personal line, and I got my ass chewed out for a good 15 minutes.

I never said a word to my supervisor, for I had learned the lesson he intended to teach me with his harsh, but effective method:

"Don't ever waste someone's time by asking them to help you when you have not first attempted to help yourself."

/story

Please, try to search for your questions first. We have a plethora of information here that can probably answer your question before you even ask it.

vBulletin FAQ - USe this for any questions about the functionality of the forum.

Questions/Feedback Forum - For questions not answered in the FAQ, but may have been answered by the staff already.

Forum Bugs - for open, known bugs with the forums.

Technical Issues - for tech help on specific games or just your computer in general.

... plus every major game section has its own Q&A section and other help sections. People are much more likely to help you if you have first attempted to help yourself.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

Last edited by NoeJeko; 07-30-2008 at 10:08 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-30-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

DepthCharge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DepthCharge

did it really happened?

07-30-2008   #3 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Yes, it's a true story. That's what taught me to always look things up for myself first before asking a question.

07-30-2008   #4 (permalink)
Sexy Bish <3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

I shall remember this the next time I pester you.

x.x

07-30-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 100(rTO) 271(eTO)
Guild: None (rTO) «Firefly»«Serenity» (eTO)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

Of course it did!

07-30-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

DepthCharge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DepthCharge

good story and good lesson. thanks for imparting that story with us.

07-30-2008   #7 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

It's not me trying to be an ass, but more like, taking the words of an ancient proverb to heart:

"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime" - Author Unknown, believed to be a Chinese proverb

08-09-2008   #8 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

When generals or admirals walk into our area, the first marine who sees them is supposed to yell out "ATTENTION ON DECK!".

One day I was busy working near the door and a 3-star walked in. I was so caught off guard and with my mind on my work but with the need to respond that I snapped to attention and yelled out "HOLY SHIT!"

Needless to say the General died laughing and didn't mind at all. His aide (a captain) was much less amused.

08-24-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road

Old thread, but I want to post.

It's a good story and lesson.

That was a harsh thing for your supervisor to do though.

Nice proverb too. :x

08-24-2008   #10 (permalink)
PolandSpring wut!?

KuroKoden will become famous soon enoughKuroKoden will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to KuroKoden Send a message via Yahoo to KuroKoden
IGN: KuroKoden

Thats a very good lesson.

I've learned that too, but in a different more vague way.

08-24-2008   #11 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

That's quite a lesson there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethane
When generals or admirals walk into our area, the first marine who sees them is supposed to yell out "ATTENTION ON DECK!".

One day I was busy working near the door and a 3-star walked in. I was so caught off guard and with my mind on my work but with the need to respond that I snapped to attention and yelled out "HOLY SHIT!"

Needless to say the General died laughing and didn't mind at all. His aide (a captain) was much less amused.
Epicness.