Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-03-2008   #1 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute
Default The new layout is awesome, but...

The new layout is AWESOME. The only gripe about it, is that the postbits and etc. (yellow area) are bit too bland compared to the rest of the layout.

If you please could, could you give it a nice subtle gradient background? I think this would make the posts look less "boring", and would blend in with the rest of the layout better. Also, the border lines on the yellow areas are a bit too dark for the color. I would suggest a lighter color, preferably #dbe3c1.

Last edited by Jon; 07-03-2008 at 03:47 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-03-2008   #2 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, adding more effects to the post is too distracting when reading text, in my opinion...

07-03-2008   #3 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

I think its much nicer now, it was very dull looking before.

07-03-2008   #4 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

Making all posts have a gradient would lag people more than it does now @___@. Plus, I think having a gradient would make things too complicated and the forum would look like one big designing mess. Having it simple for the posts make it much easier to read. I think it looks fine the way it is o__o.

07-03-2008   #5 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Making all posts have a gradient would lag people more than it does now @___@. Plus, I think having a gradient would make things too complicated and the forum would look like one big designing mess. Having it simple for the posts make it much easier to read. I think it looks fine the way it is o__o.
Well, I mean a small (like 5KB .gif small) gradient would work best, and it wouldn't lag people.

If not the gradient, please change the black borders to the colors I've suggested, please (at least for the postbit). With that, the layout will be a lot smoother and a lot more sexy.

Here's an example of what I mean:

It fits the theme better, methinks.

Last edited by Jon; 07-03-2008 at 04:58 PM.

07-03-2008   #6 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Retired Forum Management

sunchip will become famous soon enoughsunchip will become famous soon enough

it's fine as it is, if you have any major changes or better ideas, let me know as well

Andrew Sun | Premier Wedding Photographer
http://www.andrewsunphotography.com

07-03-2008   #7 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

I do agree with the light borders though. The one he suggest looks a lot better.