This just came to mind:
Look at WoW, WAR; both games offer quirky yet understandable titles to players. These are displayed over the player's head.
ie. In WAR, if you have an achievement of:
- Died 10 Times: "Pin Cushion"
- Died 100 Times: "Accident Prone"
- Looted 100 items: "The Pirate"
- Gained 1,000 influence: "The Peon"
- Added 5 friends to your Friends list: "The Friendly"
and very odd ones like:
- Destroyed 100 items: "The Litter Bug"
- Clicked on yourself 100 times: "Ow, My Eye"
- Died 25 times from falling: "AHHHHHHH"
- Died 50,000 times from falling: "The Pancake"
- Killed 10,000 players in RvR: "The Psychopath"
Having such titles issued may help to liven up the spirit of the community, such as "Ooh, you've got that title, I envy you/I will be the next to get it!"
Such titles can be used as rewards, replacing the "SotW Winner" or "Event Winner". Turn these bars into funny titles also helps in attracting users to different events/contests. The turnout rate would be increased.
I for one, would love to see such things in a forum. Fun, I guess.
Oh, and different events can issue different titles. For instance:
Week 10 SotW: "Title A"
Week 11 SotW: "Title B"
Banner Contest: "Title C"
What do you think, hmm? =)
Last edited by Vindicta™; 10-19-2008 at 01:26 AM.