Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Zyeal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Zyeal
Default No Bump-->No Gravedigging-->No Identical Threads=Screwed

17. Bumping / Necro: Replying to threads that have not been active for 2 weeks is not allowed. This does not apply to the Market section (in moderation, excessive bumping in the Market section will still be warned).

Bob told me you could not Bumb threads so i checked the rules and you can't.
I find that the worst rule ever. I mean if your asking a question and people are to lazy to look at it or awnser it becuase its not at the top. it stays inactice for 2 weeks then since u cant bring a thread back to life after 2 weeks you go to remake the same question but you cant because making 2 of the same threads is also against the rules. How bogus is that...

Ok I whant to know "How many fish live in teh Pacfic Ocean"
2 weeks go by but no one awnser the rules say I cant bump so i make a new thread just like the other thus getting in trouble for haveing 2 identical threads...So basicly its not get ur question awnsered or risked getting intouble for breaking rules. This needs to be fixed

For real I can't get my question awnsered because of rules witch arent even a big deal Why is Bumping so bad, some forums alow it, Why is grave digging bad other forums alow it, Now i can understand identical threads.
Grave Digging and bumping are not bad. What you should do for Bumping is alow a Bump a day. That way you can bump that question thread and get it awnsered.

Now tell why Bumping and Grave Digging are bad.

Last edited by Zyeal; 06-23-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-23-2008   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Because people don't respond to a thread for a reason. Many times no one knows the answer to your question or something, so you bump this thread forever while new threads get pushed down. Can you imagine everyone bumping their own thread repeatedly? Gosh.

And necroing is not bad all the time, if you have something truly relevant to add to the conversation but otherwise it's yesterday's news and no one cares if you "agree with the op" or something along those lines.

Kitty Empire Forever

06-23-2008   #3 (permalink)
Pure Nostalgia Nao!
Awards Retired Forum Management

sunchip will become famous soon enoughsunchip will become famous soon enough

threads that are more than 2 weeks old without being touched are assumed that it has been answered or not needed to be answered anymore

there are exceptions like you have explained where the person isn't bumping for the sake of bumping but looking for a genuine reply, in that case, just state that in your bump

06-23-2008   #4 (permalink)
Sexy Bish <3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

2 weeks may seem long to some people but I still think its short.

IMO, A Necro/Gravedig is over 1 month (30days).

Even-out at 3 weeks if you'd like.

06-23-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

sExYgIrL93 is on a distinguished road

It should depend entirely on how much the new post adds to the thread. If it's a technical problem then an answer that possibly fixes the problem should be allowed. The OP may have already solved the problem, but there are also newbs who have the same problem and find the thread by searching

2 weeks is just stupid though, not everyone keeps track of every single thread

06-23-2008   #6 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Do not demand that the staff explain the rules to you. If you have a problem with them, PM me directly, I wrote them.

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.