Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-09-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

SStardust is a glorious beacon of lightSStardust is a glorious beacon of lightSStardust is a glorious beacon of lightSStardust is a glorious beacon of lightSStardust is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Starlightzero
Class: Gladiator lt_warlord
Level: 2xx
Guild: MoonlightC
Smile Quote Thingy

This probably isn't the right place to put it, but I couldn't find anywhere else.
Anyways, heres my question: How exactly do you do the quote thingy where is says "Originally Posted By XXXX" or something like that? :O

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-09-2012   #2 (permalink)
deny 'til you die
Games
Dragon NestTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Mirage is a splendid one to beholdMirage is a splendid one to beholdMirage is a splendid one to beholdMirage is a splendid one to beholdMirage is a splendid one to beholdMirage is a splendid one to beholdMirage is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Mirage
IGN: MagicianHana

There's a blue button with orange apostrophes and the word "quote" (in white) in the bottom right corner of the poster's box thing. Click that and you can get the quote box (:

Also, the icon next to it will allow you to quote multiple people; although I can't really explain it well. I think someone else may be able to (or you can experiment on your own )

she runs because
that's the only thing
she can do.

10-09-2012   #3 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

[QUOTE=Supersky]How exactly do you do the quote thingy where is says "Originally Posted By XXXX" or something like that?[/ QUOTE]

Without the space in between [/ and QUOTE].

10-09-2012   #4 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote post: Click on the quote button and it'll insert the quote for you.

Multiquote: Click on the '"+' button for all posts you want to add except the last one, and press quote.

If you don't care about a link to the actual post just type

[QUOTE=Sandrie][/QUOTE]

which should show up as

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
Hello
edit: oops guess i took too long

edit2: also moved to right section

10-09-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

SStardust is a glorious beacon of lightSStardust is a glorious beacon of lightSStardust is a glorious beacon of lightSStardust is a glorious beacon of lightSStardust is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
Quote post: Click on the quote button and it'll insert the quote for you.

Multiquote: Click on the '"+' button for all posts you want to add except the last one, and press quote.

If you don't care about a link to the actual post just type

which should show up as

edit: oops guess i took too long

edit2: also moved to right section
+rep to the three of you :3
thanks for the info.
but, I have one more question.
How do you make a word turn into something you can click on for a link?
Eg: The
And you would be able to click on it to make another link pop up or something like that.

10-09-2012   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersky
+rep to the three of you :3
thanks for the info.
but, I have one more question.
How do you make a word turn into something you can click on for a link?
Eg: The
And you would be able to click on it to make another link pop up or something like that.
To hyperlink text, you would type:

HTML Code:
[url=WEBSITE HERE]your text here[/url]
So as an example, it would look something like this when you type it in completely:

HTML Code:
[url=http://ggftw.com/]Welcome to ggFTW![/url]
Which comes out looking like this when it's done:

Welcome to ggFTW!

10-09-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

alright then, thanks
+rep.
just wondering, do I have to close this thread (since its not market thread)? If yes, close thread please.

10-10-2012   #8 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Members don't get the ability to close threads. Those are given to Moderators and above. You can just leave a thread alone after your question has been solved.

The only reason we requested members to say "close this thread" in Market was organization. It was made so that all closed threads in the Market sections get dropped down and only active ones stay on the first page.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

10-10-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

My bad, I was meant to ask if a moderator had to close this thread.
+rep for info :3

10-10-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

sorry for asking alot of questions, but is there something you can press for this thing?

Last edited by SStardust; 10-10-2012 at 07:24 PM.

10-10-2012   #11 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

Harlequin was telling you the format and then giving you an example. The thing you just copied for "your text here" doesn't really got to any page.
Quote:
This is the format our forum uses:
[url=WEBSITE HERE]your text here[/url]
For WEBSITE HERE, you're suppose to replace it with the actual URL. Let's say we're going to link to Harlequin's profile, it would look like this when you're done filling it out:
[url=http://ggftw.com/forum/members/harlequin.html]ggFTW - View Profile: Harlequin[/url]

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

10-10-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

what I meant was, is there something you can press to make [url =] [/url ] appear?
eg: For quote, you can press the button where theres that little speech bubble.

10-10-2012   #13 (permalink)
Special
Games

Yes there is. Click the Globe icon with the chain.

If you highlight the text, like below, it'll turn whatever you highlighted into a link when you enter the URL and click OK.

10-10-2012   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

ok, thanks for info.
I've got the hang of it now, sorry for asking so many questions :O.

Last edited by SStardust; 10-11-2012 at 12:51 AM.

11-04-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Revolution will become famous soon enoughRevolution will become famous soon enough
IGN: XO Strike
Level: Changing

I just also realised that you can just write the text after putting the link as the place you need to type is highlighted :O

My Tips On Refining!