ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Questions, Feedback & Suggestions (http://ggftw.com/forum/questions-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   Game by Publisher ? (http://ggftw.com/forum/questions-feedback-suggestions/106644-game-publisher.html)

Wendyfav3 12-28-2011 12:58 AM

Game by Publisher ?

HHHHmmmm...
I was wondering if it a good idea or not that you can make the forum games by Publishers.

like there Trickster and Grand Chase and there both under SG Interactive.
so I thought, won't it be better if there were under a Publisher name ?

so that way it can be easier to find the game by what Company Publish them.
do you get what I'm saying ?

so it like

SG Interactive/GameRage Forum > Trickster, Grand Chase

Nexon Games > Maple Story and other games...XD

OGPlanet Games > Latale and other games...=/

idk it something like that...

what do you think ?

Riolu 12-28-2011 12:17 PM

I'm against your suggestion, companies are not games and their names shouldn't be placed in a situation that would make it look like you're browsing the OGP section of the forum.

Also some games have servers that aren't published by the same company, rather than complicating the browsing it's easier to leave it this way.

Wendyfav3 12-28-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riolu (Post 1660051)
Also some games have servers that aren't published by the same company, rather than complicating the browsing it's easier to leave it this way.

you mean like different version of the game dat publish by different company ?

wait...an't ggftw american ?

Kudaranai 12-28-2011 02:23 PM

Being 'American' or not has nothing to do with ggFTW forum. Yes, technically, we are an English-speaking community but we don't limit our services to English-translated MMO only. (See SDGO section for example)

Riolu is correct to say that it would only make things more complicated if we separate the sections by publishing companies. There are at least 5 companies that publish Grand Chase (South Korea, North America, SEA, Brazil, and Thailand) We'd end up with at least 5 different sections just for Grand Chase. It'd be more of a hassle than anything.

Wendyfav3 12-28-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudaranai (Post 1660096)
Being 'American' or not has nothing to do with ggFTW forum. Yes, technically, we are an English-speaking community but we don't limit our services to English-translated MMO only. (See SDGO section for example)

Riolu is correct to say that it would only make things more complicated if we separate the sections by publishing companies. There are at least 5 companies that publish Grand Chase (South Korea, North America, SEA, Brazil, and Thailand) We'd end up with at least 5 different sections just for Grand Chase. It'd be more of a hassle than anything.

right right right...I an't trying to be a um...whatever that word is.

but I guss you have point there...

ugh man when ever there a good idea. it amazing how sometimes it can be a flaw in there :py36:

Harlequin 12-28-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudaranai (Post 1660096)

Not to mention that a lot of players don't actually know the various publishers, and the fact that a lot of publisher names are actually fairly unheard of. Plus, if I remember right, it's better if the priority pages on the website are things that players might be Googling (meaning, players are more likely to Google "Grand Chase" or "League of Legends" than they are to search "SG Interactive" or "Riot Games"). So, it's better for traffic? Or something, I don't know.