Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-30-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb Gaming Company Reviews

I was wondering if you guys can make a Forum Section where it just Strictly Gaming Company and Games Reviews of Online Games.

I know you guys have that Game review where members can submit it and such but eh I want to find it easier then just clicking the the game to check those out...

it a bit of a Drag...

of course it can't just be something that anyone can just Post or unless you guys want it to do it that way.

or it can be 2 ways, one for a Post and another one that just for a Review.

and also wondering if you do let this happen can you put it where it at the um...
I'm not sure what it call but it the Bars up there where the ggftw HOME, mmorpg Games, mmorpg VIDEOS, mmorpg NEWS, Game Card CENTER ect...

I also ask this cuz I don't wanna play a game where it bad but it mostly the Company that Publishing the Game at fault for not taking better Care of the Game like fix the bugs, glitches, Tranlation and other stuff...
like is gpatato, nexon, ogplanet, SG interactive and others and stuff...
so I would like to know what other people think about the Publishing Company.
you guys have the Rating system but that don't quite cut it enough.

there more to it then that but for now... What do you think ?

if you like it or Think about it or want more Details or something...then I can Post again for a better explanation and better organizing my ideas for Full info about what I mean and and some more ideas that I can add so you can do do about it and stuff...

so can I hear your thought about it ?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-30-2011   #2 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Personally, I don't find the need for it. I don't see how searching the game under our MMORPG Games is a drag. It's easy, simple, and straightforward to use.

Making a Forum section designed specifically for Game/Publisher Reviews is just going to be a mayhem of threads. Since you've seen the MMORPG Games page, you should know how many games we have listed. Now imagine that as a Forum section.

In regards of Publishers, we also have pages just for them. All you have to do is click the game you plan on playing and then click on the Publisher link. Smaller companies tend to not have reviews yet while the more common ones will. It really depends on what kind of game you are looking at.

If I remember correctly, the navigation bar has been thought out and is meant to show the more important things that ggFTW provides.

If you wanted to know more about a Game/Publisher that the reviews member's have posted, you are more than welcome to post in the Game Discussion and get some recent opinions.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

11-30-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper
Personally, I don't find the need for it. I don't see how searching the game under our MMORPG Games is a drag. It's easy, simple, and straightforward to use.
it not a drag to you but it is to me. but yyeeeaaaa I forgot the filter option was there x.x...but I think it can be more...

Quote:
Making a Forum section designed specifically for Game/Publisher Reviews is just going to be a mayhem of threads. Since you've seen the MMORPG Games page, you should know how many games we have listed. Now imagine that as a Forum section.
you have read my post carefully right? I said make 2 section of the review forum. one for posting while the other one is just a review that must be SUBMITTED to ggftw staff. because there some that not really a good review they write about so it best to be submitted before posted and be judge by them. they do that by the games on the lower right side =/. but it really annoying having to navigate all the way to a game just to check the games reviews submitted by someone. so why not make a forum to find it easier.

it will be s subject by Company. find the company that publish the game, click the game you want and then all the review shall be shown by submitted ggftw members .

it don't have to be mayhem of tread =_=. that way there are rules to apply certain actions of it not happening.

Quote:
In regards of Publishers, we also have pages just for them. All you have to do is click the game you plan on playing and then click on the Publisher link. Smaller companies tend to not have reviews yet while the more common ones will. It really depends on what kind of game you are looking at.
yea well I want one that from a players perspective cuz they play much more then those reviewer like mmohut, mmosite and other places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper;1647514If you wanted to know more about a Game/Publisher that the reviews member's have posted, you are more than welcome to post in the [url=http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/
Game Discussion[/url] and get some recent opinions.
BBBBOOOOOOOO....that is such a scramble >... I or anyone gotta post everytime we want a review about something. so it better to make a forum review cuz that way it right then and there to see it and there no wait time .

there a bunch of games and companys that I and others want to see a review on it but we gotta search everywhere from other sites and such.
so why not make a forum where it just in one spot but different sub thingy or whatevz =/...

11-30-2011   #4 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
it not a drag to you but it is to me. but yyeeeaaaa I forgot the filter option was there x.x...but I think it can be more...
Now let's consider this. One member who considers it a drag out an estimation of 150 members online isn't worth creating a whole new system. While ggFTW tries its best to do somethings to please the community, it just won't always please everyone. It's been stated every time changes are made and members QQrage about it.

Harsh but sadly true. :x

Quote:
you have read my post carefully right? I said make 2 section of the review forum. one for posting while the other one is just a review that must be SUBMITTED to ggftw staff. because there some that not really a good review they write about so it best to be submitted before posted and be judge by them. they do that by the games on the lower right side =/. but it really annoying having to navigate all the way to a game just to check the games reviews submitted by someone. so why not make a forum to find it easier.
I did read your posts. However, you just weren't specific.
Quote:
of course it can't just be something that anyone can just Post or unless you guys want it to do it that way.

or it can be 2 ways, one for a Post and another one that just for a Review.
To me, it sounded like you were saying to mass create threads in one section with two different topics: Review and Discussion.
Ex: Trickster Online would have a Trickster Review thread and a Trickster Discussion thread. LaTale Online would have a LaTale Review thread and LaTale Discussion thread. ETC, ETC, ETC...

It definitely would have been one big Forum section with lots of thread.

What you said just now makes a lot more sense.

From personal experience in Staff, there are more important things that need to be handled than reading a review about games and then uploading it. When member's write their reviews, it is their opinion and it's not Staff job to edit a personal review.

Reviews are never meant to be revised. They are a person's individual thought about something. However, Guides can be revised by others because it's actually helping them improve on it.

Quote:
it will be s subject by Company. find the company that publish the game, click the game you want and then all the review shall be shown by submitted ggftw members .

yea well I want one that from a players perspective cuz they play much more then those reviewer like mmohut, mmosite and other places...
What you describe is pretty much the system we already use. EX: Trickster Online (scroll down).

Yes, it may not be as in-depth or knowledgeable as some reviews but you at least understand whether people enjoy the game or not.

Quote:
BBBBOOOOOOOO....that is such a scramble >... I or anyone gotta post everytime we want a review about something. so it better to make a forum review cuz that way it right then and there to see it and there no wait time .

there a bunch of games and companys that I and others want to see a review on it but we gotta search everywhere from other sites and such.
so why not make a forum where it just in one spot but different sub thingy or whatevz =/...
Look at the Game Discussion section, it would be added as a Sub-section to it. The reason new Sections are not added is because it needs constant activity to be considered a Section. The moment it dies, it is merged down into a Sub-section and left there.

If you were here before, you would know that a huge portion of the game's that use to have their own Section got turned into a Sub-section. That was to cut down on page length and the unneeded space.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

11-30-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

O it not a drag anymore...it was a drag cuz there not a filter option but there really is one and I forgot it was there x.x...

yyyeeeaaaaa now that I think about it actually pointless making a post so just scratch that and just put a review forum with not posting allow or I don't know. I just want a forum Review section to read about the company and games submitted by players >:I...

when did I say to revise the review o.O? anyway...I meant to say not any Review can be post, it must be submitted to the staff of ggftw and there Judging will see if the review is acceptable or not.

I know there a review submitted by somebody by clicking the game and then scroll down and such...but that what I mean thow...I gotta click the game to look at the reviews. so it better to make a forum about instead of putting it there. it much easier look for.
and I also want a Company review as well. I want to see if the Company is good or not.
if it good then the games are well maintain but if bad then the game is not well maintain. same goes With the games as well...

I don't want it to be at the Game section but if it does then I guss it ok...
I'm just glad there a review section there anyway.
and no Posting allow or unless it ok with you guys cuz a Review is Final until it time to make a new one or something...=/

I don't know it just be better if there was a forum for Review Submitted only case. that way I can find things easier instead having to click on game then look thru each review there...
what if I want to read mutiple game review but then I gotta navigate and click and navigate and click and all that =/...

11-30-2011   #6 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN

What's so hard about using filters or Ctrl+F the game and opening things in new tabs?

And a "review" forum implied review. You should've said something like approval forum. Most people wouldn't want their work posted out in the open right away either, and I can only see it getting messy.

From my experience when I was staff, things like this would definitely be low on the priority list, at least in my opinion. To me, it's basically another member saying they're too lazy to use basic web features in their browsing experience.

The system now is nice because it lists EVERY publisher that's had a hand in the game and you can see how it's changed (if it's changed) or if other publishers handle it better.

But seriously, if you want to read multiple reviews, open in a new tab. It's not too hard. As Esper said, if there's particular info you want on a publisher but no one wrote anything, ask in the gaming Forums. You can't possible expect every single game and publisher to have a review - that's asking a lot of both the staff AND the members.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

11-30-2011   #7 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

First off, thank you for your suggestions. We always welcome new ideas from our users and I apologize for not getting to this sooner.

There are a few pointers I'd like to address. The first part being is that ggFTW is much more than a forum. In fact, this forum is just another part of ggFTW. There are many users who actually visit our games database sections and spend less time on the forum. With that in mind, it is more reasonable to include guides, reviews and comments from users along with the information about MMOs in that particular section rather than the forum. Not only that things will be much more organized but they'll be easily accessible from that stand point. This is why you don't see all the info and reviews on the forum, but rather in the database section.

Naturally, I understand that it can seem like a hassle to regular forum readers to actually go elsewhere to look for a quick review of certain publishers. It would definitely be easier if one browses the forum and see the info they need on the same page. Now imagine if you visit ggFTW for our database, it would be a great hassle for you to dig through the forum just to find comments about certain publishers. So why not have those things listed along with the information in the database, since ideally, you'd be looking for information there already.

Another point is that it can be quite rare for a user to actually do a full review of publishers rather than the MMOs they publish. It's simpler to say if they're not pleased with how a company runs the game or if they're happy with it in the comment section provided.

And of course, members are welcome to discuss about the publishers, be in it a designated section (such as Trickster or LaTale) or in the Game section of the forum.

Thank you for your input.

12-01-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

well at least I try =/...