Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-28-2011   #1 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor
Default Suggestion: about the social groups

Well out of pure boredom, I decided to look at the groups I joined for the lulz back when ggFTW was still in it's baby days, then I decided to look at the list of groups and saw that activity in even the most recent groups is...not very impressive.

I want to say "just delete it" since most people probably don't even know that they exist or have no idea what I'm talking about but I think that the idea of having your own little forum community based on a common interest is a very nice idea that shouldn't be wasted.

The problem with social groups is that they're like the short kid behind a crowd of tall people trying to watch a performance, they just aren't very noticeable and are easily forgotten about.

I was thinking maybe social groups should get their own section on the front page of the forums, like the rant forum or random forum, or even, there could be a small randomly generated list of social groups on the side (like the Top 10 MMORPGs list). Anything to make them stand out a little you know?

Just wanted to throw out a few thoughts, even if it does seem a little pointless.

Last edited by Kenzor; 11-28-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-28-2011   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

While I'm not one to speak for management, I'll just say that because of a number of issues regarding social groups (namely, the issues involving non-alphanumeric characters in their names), I wouldn't expect anything to be done with them. Just being honest.

11-28-2011   #3 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Well social groups have never been a priority anyway.

11-28-2011   #4 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

I really agree. Even when they were in their baby days, they weren't that big. They've been almost completely replaced by "special interest" threads. Example? There's a Lady Gaga social group. Activity is none to minimal. Why should I post in the Gaga social group when I can just mosey over to the Music section and talk about Gaga in the interest thread there?