Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-15-2011   #1 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP
Default [suggestion]Trickster online player database

Hey guys, is anyone familiar with something called Ragial?
It's an unofficial fansite for ragnarok online that tracks and records characters, accounts, guilds and parties across all iRO servers.
They have, amongst other things, this neat little thing called the ROPD.(Ragnarok Online Player Database)
Which displays characters, their level, guild etc
And also gives the option to view their alts.
For example, my account

It's very popular amongst the ragnarok community, I personally love it.
And it made me think how amazing it would be to have something like that for Trickster online.

Seeing as how ggftw is the best trickster online fansite around I thought I would throw the suggestion out here and see what you think.
I would absolutely love to see you make something like this.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-15-2011   #2 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Everything you described can be fit in here:
/profile.php?do=editprofile

As for guilds:
/guilds/

It would be a neat idea, but ggFTW simply just isn't a site dedicated to Trickster. ggFTW is a site where a good chunk of MMORPGs are showcased and discussed; not one MMORPG should hold that spotlight.

In this case, favoritism is not a good idea. Quite simply, it would turn some people off from visiting and give certain companies/businesses the wrong idea and not wish to hold events and/or advertise.

09-15-2011   #3 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
Everything you described can be fit in here:
/profile.php?do=editprofile
Not at all, that doesn't give a visual representation of your character in any way and is just the same as sticking your ign in your sig space.

About the favoritism thing.
Well everyone starts somewhere, at first ggftw was a trickster fansite and look what it grew in to.
A database like that could start out for one game and grow in to many if the idea took off.
The trickster wiki for example is much more compiled than for some games, so you could use the same logic of favoritism to say wiki is a bad idea..
I don't see how it would turn people off from the site at all as it wouldn't be forced upon them, just an extra feature for some members to enjoy.

The real issues would be data gathering and coding I suppose.

09-16-2011   #4 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Wish NoeJeko is here.

It's a nice idea, but can this carry the same system to all of the active game forums in ggFTW? (I play Eden Eternal and PangYa (super-hiatus) as well...)