04-28-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Arciph will become famous soon enoughArciph will become famous soon enough
IGN: Arciph
Class: Lime
Level: 7x
Guild: Kaizen
Default Lime pvp guide? oh wut no wai

I'm bored.. so copy paste time. Btw, I did make this.

Uhm.. This is my first guide.. and I'm really bored, so yeah. (kinda basing this one off of PrincessLenne's, because I'm an inexperienced lowbie at said guides).

Okay, first off, Lime is undoubtably the worst character in pvp. Sure he's fast, but since his main combo starters are homing, they are avoidable by simply running out of the way. Lime is a horrible chaser and is played best being used defensively.

Normal attacks:

A - throw up a baby lime while biting at the same time (inorite? weird). This hits two times and can be done infinitely by moving in a direction after pressing it. ex/ a>a>a>a>a>a>a>a

S - throw up a baby lime that quickly homes into your enemies !! Knocks enemies slightly into the air.

Sp - A baby magically flies out of limes mouth and hits the enemy. This move acts as limes down attack, but can also be used when the enemy is not down as well. When the enemy is on down, this move hits twice. When the enemy is not down or is in the air, it only hits once.

A Sp - Lime's best combo starter. Lime throws up a baby lime, then throws up another one.. but this one homes into opponents slowly and for a pretty long time (about 3 seconds, maybe?) Knocks enemies very high into the air making lime combos no longer just a dream.

Roll or >>> - Lime's most useful way of getting around. From what I can see, this isn't much faster than dashing. Lime's roll hits one time for every rotation. Rolling 3 times on a non moving enemy hits them into the air. On an enemy moving away from you, it usually only takes 1 roll to hit them into the air.

When rolling, you can really only move either horizontally and vertically, or diagnally. If your trying to move from lets say.. Vertically to diagnally, it will take awhile for Lime to actually turn diagnally, whereas if your going vertically to horizontally, the turn is instant.

Lime infinite -

kungi - shift - sp - a - repeat

Video: YouTube - [루‹ˆ•„ Œ€šŒ] korea lime combo - •œ* / †””˜ / ‹›라ž„
Btw, I am not the lime in this video.

The actual infinite starts around 1:00. As a plus, it has some pretty creative combos in it as well.

Skeelz

Attack

Kung Kungi - One of limes most useful attack skills. Lime jumps into the air two times, hitting the enemy twice. This skill acts as a reset for Lime if done with the correct timing. Can also be used to continue combos.
-Leave at level 1.. not worth wasting manaz on.

Pyororok Tongtong - Lime jumps forward with a headbutt. This move hits 3 times and has invincibility frames right in the middle of it. This move can be used 4 ways.. as an invinicibility frame, a low damage combo continuer, a high damage combo continuer, or if you can predict when (or if) your opponent is going to use his/her up attack (pressing A after getting knocked down), you can knock him/her back down with this skill, because it has invincibility frames. This skill also isn't needed, but is nice to have.

-Level 0, Level 1, or Max.

Rolling Rolling Thud - Lime rolls in place and launches forward with a headbutt. The first 6 rolls are in place, and the last is the headbutt. This is limes 2nd best damage giver. The first six rolls are basically your damage, whereas the last hit is only affected by skill level.

-Level 1

Wiggling Jelly - Lime poops out a mysterious purple-looking round jelly-type mine thinggy while moving forward just a little bit. This is where almost all of your damage will come from. An opponent who gets hit by this move will be launched upwards for more of lime's comboing goodness and slowed down a percentage depending on it's level. At max, it slows down an opponent by 34%.

-Max it

Sticky Jelly - Lime spits out 5 green mines. If an enemy steps on any of these mines, they will be given some damage and will be forced to stay in place for a little while. This skill is best to be placed in the middle of the stage.

-Level 1

Shiny Shung - Lime shoots out an excellently slow beam towards the opponent. this move is almost exactly like Wari's missiles.. but a lot weaker. I honestly can't find much use for this move.

-Level 0

Transform

Keep in mind that being in a transformed state means that once you reach 0 hp, you die without the need of being knocked down. Transforrmations are also very easily killed if the opponent knows how to deal with them..

Shuk Shuk Lime - Become as fast as a race car !! Vroom Vrooom !! This is the most useless transformation there is.. in both stages and pvp. Sure your fast.. but your also weak.

-Level 0

Biki Lime - Transform into a poisonous lime. This is the 2nd most useful transformation. Both A and S both do the same thing, but they both stun the enemy for enough time to hit them with another A or S, only to stun them again for more lime stunlocking goodness. Sp is an AoE move which hits for good damage.

-Level 0, 1 or Max.

Bumba Lime - Become a buff lime. Uhm.. 2nd most useless transformation. Strong but slow, exact opposite of Shuk Shuk Lime, but needed for Cool Wabang Lime.

-Level 0, or Level 1

Pang Pang Lime - Become a missile shooting sniper lime !! Once again.. pretty useless. has slow, no-range homing moves.. a sniping move, and a weak AoE, but needed for Cool Pang Pang Lime.

-Level 0, or Level 1.

Cool Wabang Lime - Become a powerful spinning top !! This is probably your most useful transformation when it comes to pvp.
A - Bite the enemy and send him/her into the air.
S - Create 3 Limes that cause the enemy to become frozen (the effect is similar to sleepbind). When used, you become vulnerable for around 5 seconds.
Sp - Spin around, hitting the opponent 4 times. This should be used after hitting the opponent with A. (can be an infinite).

Cool Pang Pang Lime - Become a giant target !! Exciting, right? This is your 3rd most useless transformation.
A - Shoot out a beam (3-4 Second Start-up)
S - Shoot out 5-6 missiles (3-4 Second Start-up)
Sp - Shoot out around 18 missiles in all directions (2-3 second start-up, lasts around 5-6 seconds).

Eruption

I could go over Attack, Slow, Poison, and stunned lime.. but I won't. Let's just say these are used to block attacks and are also used as lime's main invincibility frames.

Freezing Lime Shung - Creates about 6 freezing limes that rotate around Lime. When an enemy touches this, they are frozen for about 1 second. There's a whole bunch of things you can do with this skill.. but the main thing is to use freezing lime shung and use rolling rolling thud with it. You can also use it to transform, use it while transformed, etc.

-Level 1.

Pang Lime Shung - Lime summons his younger sister.. a large blue lime. This skill is basically Cool Pang Pang Lime using it's A attack. This is your meat-shield. It can be placed ontop of Fire Dragon Heart, around Moon Barrier, etc. Homing moves are also attracted to it. Pang Lime Shung shoots out about 2 beams for around 7-9 seconds, then disappears. Also has invincibility frames in the middle of start-up.

-Level 1

Bless

Okay.. I'm going to say that all Bless skills are practically useless except for kowabunga. Using a potion in pvp is not the smartest thing to do. The start-up is long and is very easy to lose a lot of hp trying to grab the potion itself.

Kowabunga - Raise your speed temporarily. This skill is a must have.. without it, you'll be even slower than a cup of dirt. This skill also has invincibility frames. You also lose a small amount of hp when maxed.

-Max it.

Ability

Deadly Blow - Increase your Critical rate by 24% at max.

-Max it.

Mana Recovery - Recover mana for 9 mp per second at max.

-Max it.

HP Regeneration - Recover health for 9 hp per second at max.

-Max it.

Increase Health - Increase Health for +740 at max.

-Max it.

Mana Increase - Increase Health for +50 per level, +400 at max.

-This one is your choice. I personally find +400 mp useful, some people don't find it to be as useful as I do.

-Level 0, or Max.

Last edited by Arciph; 04-29-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jumper is on a distinguished road

Why (in pvp) play the worst char anyways?
Unless it's just for the luls. xD

PS: Max Kungi = Godly infi combo damage.

04-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Lime infinite

kungi-sp-a-shift-kungi-sp-a-shift-repeat
some reason that caught my eye since it's wrong lol
kungi shift sp a kungi etc

04-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Yeah, you got those infi keys way wrong hah.
I think a pure INT lime using max kungi infi would do more dmg than a str one using infi with lv1 kungi.
And don't forget to mention you can add in LOTS of wigglings when you infi (after kungi), since the cd is only 7 secs.

04-29-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

12 not 7

pure int lime wouldn't even do half the dmg str lime would do 30% more dmg is a lot and RRT is based on dmg

04-29-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
some reason that caught my eye since it's wrong lol
kungi shift sp a kungi etc
Oh rofl, sorry. I had it right before.. but then edited it to put in RB inf... but then decided it was dumb and changed it back. It was like 3am when I made this thing D: And maxing kungi.. takes a lot of mp.. since most likely you'll be using it quite often. Btw, I use lime because I like the challenge. Dunno about everyone else, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper
Yeah, you got those infi keys way wrong hah.
I think a pure INT lime using max kungi infi would do more dmg than a str one using infi with lv1 kungi.
And don't forget to mention you can add in LOTS of wigglings when you infi (after kungi), since the cd is only 7 secs.
maxing kungi.. takes a lot of mp.. since most likely you'll be using it quite often. Also, I didn't wanna add anything for the infinite because I don't really encourage using it. Tourney rules, anyone?

Last edited by Arciph; 04-29-2009 at 04:56 AM.

04-29-2009   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!

Should edit your guide kinda

I hate guides that say 0,1,max....that doesn't really help anyone
You should just strongly recommend one like either 1 or 0 or max based on what you believe is best

EDIT: Since when does kowabunga have invinci frames lol
Shiny shung is also definately worth at least 1 point. It's one of the best defensive moves and perfect for creating space between you and an opponent
HP and MP pot are not useless at all: I can't tell you how many times HP pot has saved me when I'm at 0HP and let me keep on living in order to do a bit more damage. MP pot is perfect when you're really low on mp and don't have enough to cast a kowabunga or a pang lime shield. Not to mention it's a great "provoke" because people will try to stop you from throwing it out

Last edited by Jeneral; 04-29-2009 at 11:56 AM.

04-29-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

^: The different levels show people their options, rather than just the guide writer's own personal opinion. Any guide writer should do the former rather than the latter if they intend to try for a comprehensive guide. After all, no two people play exactly the same way and thus will have different preferences for skills. What would be even better would be an explanation of why one would chose to allocate x amount of skill points to each skill.

e.g.
Wabang lime:
0 - Some people just don't know how to chase people with it and get eated, so any points put into it, for them, would be completely wasted.
1 - Gives the option to use the xform.
max - RAWR PEW PEW

04-29-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
maxing kungi.. takes a lot of mp.. since most likely you'll be using it quite often. Also, I didn't wanna add anything for the infinite because I don't really encourage using it. Tourney rules, anyone?
O Prz. Kungi was MEANT to be used many times in one combo. It's like Tia's shuriken (but shuri is allowed >1)
No wonder why you don't recommend max. You don't use it to it's full potential.
Do you know how LONG it would take for [Kungi Sp A] with lvl 1 kungi to do any noticable damage?
It's like you're saying: Don't max Kungi, it is only for if you want to do any damage in your combos. You should save that MP for damaging! (with who knows what.... are you recommending to a+space spam then wiggling then run away?)

So a (any) Lime shouldn't be skilled enough to pull off an amazing 50+ hit combo=ko whereas a Tia simply aass mines bs =ko, is what you're saying?

That's like telling a Yuki not to melee when she runs out of mana.
"STOP INFI NO0Bb!11!"
"Would you rather me run around the arena for the next 5 mins waiting to regain mana?"
"Or would you be kind enough to let me charge up when I run out?"
"Didn't think so."

Last edited by Jumper; 04-29-2009 at 01:00 PM.

04-29-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper
O Prz. Kungi was MEANT to be used many times in one combo. It's like Tia's shuriken (but shuri is allowed >1)
No wonder why you don't recommend max. You don't use it to it's full potential.
Do you know how LONG it would take for [Kungi Sp A] with lvl 1 kungi to do any noticable damage?
It's like you're saying: Don't max Kungi, it is only for if you want to do any damage in your combos. You should save that MP for damaging! (with who knows what.... are you recommending to a+space spam then wiggling then run away?)

So a (any) Lime shouldn't be skilled enough to pull off an amazing 50+ hit combo=ko whereas a Tia simply aass mines bs =ko, is what you're saying?

That's like telling a Yuki not to melee when she runs out of mana.
"STOP INFI NO0Bb!11!"
"Would you rather me run around the arena for the next 5 mins waiting to regain mana?"
"Or would you be kind enough to let me charge up when I run out?"
"Didn't think so."
i can take that as the yuki being too noob to manage mana

04-29-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
i can take that as the yuki being too noob to manage mana
Even if that Yuki uses every skill at 0 decay (using Yuki's amazing reset abilities) and doesn't spam?

Say, a Tia 3-1 lifed the Yuki in 2 combos.
The Yuki made a huge comeback and killed the Tia twice.
The Yuki catches the Tia easily and does >>as cbd shift aa>>as aas>>as cold whirl to reset, BUT, she ran out of mana.
The Tia wakes up (stuns), turns, aaaa fang mines bs KO's the Yuki.

Now, Don't you think if the Yuki was allowed to melee more she maybe wouldn't have ran out of MP?

Assuming you're talking about a Yuki under lvl 65 (NOT 59,29, or 9), If her opponent had so much as an ice resist title (halving ice dmg), she wouldn't get through half of one [hp] bar without running out of mana using tourny rules, resetting before every skill.

Let me tell you a story about KL:
In K-Lunia, everyone who could combo, restricted themselves a different way. As in, no max air limit (as long as it isn't glitchy such as diagonal wall infinites), BUT no resets.
[/story end]
We seem a little backwards in GLunia.

Last edited by Jumper; 04-29-2009 at 01:23 PM.

04-29-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Excalibur will become famous soon enough

now let me tell you another story about KL:
a long time ago, there was a fad for stylish combos

they are smart enough to realize comboing someone in the air forever and killing them in one combo does not mean you are actually skilled with your character. catching somebody in one combo and killing them makes the game retarded. in lunia, longer combos can have an effect on the game cuz sieg can automatically provoke you once he combos long enough, and there's cooldowns (stupid idea)

but, it doesn't matter anymore because they all died

the end

now how about a story about GL (NAL w/e):
everything we have is from the koreans

the end

ps. the reason why we seem backwards in glunia is cuz no one ever talks about pvp, or at least on the forums. no new comes to pvp cause everyone pvps with the same people over and over again

oh Arciph, are you working on matchups for each char? like Lime vs Sieg, Lime vs Eir, etc

great sword asura fo' life

Last edited by Excalibur; 04-29-2009 at 01:40 PM.

04-29-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

@Jeneral: Kowabunga always had invincibility frames.

@Jumper: I maxed kungi before and I honestly didn't like it. Its not worth the mp imo. Maybe if infinites weren't banned it tourneys, I'd like it more. What I also like is still having a generate amount of MP after killing someone. Wasting around 800mp for around 1.35k damage. Not to sound cocky, but if I'm in tourney, chances are I'm going to take down more than one person. Instead of having no MP and being able to do basically no combos at all, I'd rather be able to have mp and do combos that hit around 300 or so damage less than with those combos. Same principle with City Arena, Forest, etc.

@Samal: Uhh.. Sure, if you want me to.

04-29-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciph
@Jeneral: Kowabunga always had invincibility frames.

@Jumper: I maxed kungi before and I honestly didn't like it. Its not worth the mp imo. Maybe if infinites weren't banned it tourneys, I'd like it more. What I also like is still having a generate amount of MP after killing someone. Wasting around 800mp for around 1.35k damage. Not to sound cocky, but if I'm in tourney, chances are I'm going to take down more than one person. Instead of having no MP and being able to do basically no combos at all, I'd rather be able to have mp and do combos that hit around 300 or so damage less than with those combos. Same principle with City Arena, Forest, etc.

@Samal: Uhh.. Sure, if you want me to.
it did??!!

KL limes have 2.8k mp kungi is far from using his mp and they usually have set effects on without using 60 skill
they also expect the opponent to be able to kill u so they dont run out of mp from 3:0 matches
i think they do something similar to me... play around the opponents level if possible so that they'll kill u when u need more mp

04-29-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Well.. Im not playing with Set effects on though. And once again, I dont do lime infinite, so I dont find it that useful.

04-29-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

no one does infinites in KLunia..
most they break rules past 2 is one time.. every now and then.. but the combo usually doesn't look boring so it's not really noticeable

and comment about set effects i think they went back to no set effects
before was so that the games didn't take forever at x0
now that everyone's buffed it's not required so they play normally they stlil do the set effects on without using lvl 60 skill sometimes if the opponent needs the mp recovery because he's stage build or something

04-29-2009   #17 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Max Kungi isn't that good IMO =/

When I had a Lime, I leveled up Kungi. Result? After 5 combos I ran out of MP. This is with resets for every kungi and wiggling jelly.

Every 2 seconds I burned 129 MP with kungi. Wiggling made me burn 143 whenever I used it (Usually every 20 seconds).

This is with STR equips, so I did crazy damage, but as a result, my MP disappeared from combos faster than HP disappearing from backstab.

04-29-2009   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!

I still don't see how kowa has invinci frames. Please englighten me for I have never in a single match been able to block any sort of attack with it 0.o

04-30-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeneral
I still don't see how kowa has invinci frames. Please englighten me for I have never in a single match been able to block any sort of attack with it 0.o
Well, the next time some dainn uses bcb on you, use it when it'll freeze you. The whole kowabunga has invincibilty frames, I believe.

04-30-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

u sure ur not mistaking it for another skill...
kowabunga is the speed buff.. i used it many times it doesn't make u invincible