Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-14-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

knights345 is on a distinguished road
Default Downed

so when your opponent finally ends a combo, you are either dead or downed. This is a guide on what to do under these circumstances. Many people think that being downed is too predictable and will just get caught in another combo. I will attempt to teach some ways to make use of this time and suprise attacks you can make.

When you are downed you have an option of dashing, standing, or attacking.

DASHING
this is pressing your dash as soon as you get hit down. if you do it too late, you will just stand up and let your opponent juggle you again. use this special tactic to dash towards your opponent and start chaining them before they know what hit them. or you can dash away to charge mp or play some more mind games

ATTACKING
Attacking is a common tactic when downed. Press the A button and you start an attack animation. If your opponent is unlucky enough to get caught, they get into a downed position also while you can run away. You can also dash before the actual attack or during to make a quicker escape if your opponent is just waiting for you to get up. You are VERY vulnerable if you don't dash because you have a little bit of lag time after the attack.

STANDING
Standing is the most common way new players get out of the downed position. it is by far the easiest way to combo them again because there are little to no invincibility frames and they can not move until the animation is over. This is achieved by either pressing S or and arrow key after some time after being downed. While this does not seem very good, pressing S gives the animation of standing but can immediately followed by A for a delayed pick-up attack. This can be used against people who just charge right into a downed person. the standing animation here has a couple invincibility frames couple with the attacking frames of the pick-up attack. Very useful in my opinion

TIPS AND TRICKS

Timing is everything. make sure you know when you can do what moves. pressing A before you're actually on the ground can make you start the attack earlier.

Watch out for Dainns, their pick-up attack has crazy range and so does their recovery dash

Most classes are trouble, NEVER stand in front of one. Most of them do not use any of the tactics above and have a special skill to use their spells as soon as they stand up. Dainns are the exception (thanks Xpecial)

For all classes except for Dainn and maybe Lime, they can answer their "A" get-up animation with a backdash (dashing backwards).(thanks Xpecial)

All classes except for Dainns can cancel their "A" get-up animation with a skill.(thanks Xpecial)

tia is the worst at wake-ups. Her A attack is super slow, has a crappy range and a long delay after. use A SCA or A shuriken cancel (thanks flsg)

Dainns can combo from the pick-up attack when near a wall, in front, or behind of him. (thanks Samal)

Thanks to
Xpecial
flsg
Samal

any tips to help change this would be welcome

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-14-2008   #2 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

2 things:

For all classes except for Dainn and maybe Lime, they can answer their "A" get-up animation with a backdash (dashing backwards).

All classes except for Dainns can cancel their "A" get-up animation with a skill.

06-14-2008   #3 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens

sometimes the safest way is to dash away immediately, since it's the only thing that's fast enough to avoid a down attack, even pressing A isnt fast enough to dodge it.

dainns normally just do A then dash, and since their wake-up A attack has a crazy range, generally they're safe.

Eirs: HS, SW, heal cancel, dodge, shout, tears cancel, etc...>_<

sieg: they can also use FDS(but not very reliable), blow, counter, etc

tia is in my opinion the worst at wake-ups. Her A attack is super slow, has a crappy range and a long delay after. Usually I use A SCA or A shuriken cancel

06-14-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Mengjun is on a distinguished road
IGN: AngeloDiabolica
Class: Krieg lt_gunslinger
Level: 59
Guild: DashAttack / Synergy(Lunia, not MMOG))

Two more things:

Dainn can cancel his rising animation with a dash in *any* direction.
Dashing out of a fall (called a 'safefall') can also be accomplished by pressing any direction just once, right before or after you touch the ground.

06-14-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Excalibur will become famous soon enough

One more thing:

Dainn can combo from his wake up, if you're infront of him and against a wall, or behind him.

06-17-2008   #6 (permalink)
sexy can I?

imported_john will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to imported_john
IGN: john
Class: Eir to_boxer
Level: 58
Guild: DashAttack

you can add another thing to ur wake up game

emotes

type /dance3 or something while you're down to fake standing up and people will attack you, so just counter with A+skill or something. but u can still be down attacked :P

06-17-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

LuCkY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to LuCkY
Guild: FELIX

and.. another trick that I mostly use..
S...A it looks like it's going to just stand and opponent charches to you but.you press A then.. your character attcks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
you can add another thing to ur wake up game

emotes

type /dance3 or something while you're down to fake standing up and people will attack you, so just counter with A+skill or something. but u can still be down attacked :P
usually danceces doesn't work anymore. /nomp is best to trick

06-17-2008   #8 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point

I tend to use space a lot so if you try to fake standing up, chances are you're gonna eat a space bar.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

06-17-2008   #9 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens

^ but dash can escape the down attack no matter how fast you are, right?

06-17-2008   #10 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

I don't think so. It's the same concept as the perfect down attacks in nados--it's difficult, but if timed perfectly there's no way to walk out of it.

06-17-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event Winner

ShadowPearls is on a distinguished road
IGN: ShadowPearls
Class: Tia lu_tia
Level: 65
Guild: iREJECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuCkY
and.. another trick that I mostly use..
S...A it looks like it's going to just stand and opponent charches to you but.you press A then.. your character attcks.

usually danceces doesn't work anymore. /nomp is best to trick
i 2nd that. it's really funny and it works wonders =)

Pm me if you need any help on Tia pvp/ combos.

lv 6x Tia

OMG, WHEN CAN I FINISH MY GUIDE?

takes forever to upload my vids...

06-17-2008   #12 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsg
^ but dash can escape the down attack no matter how fast you are, right?
Often times, yes but there are some ways to get perfect down attacks as Tia. I do it quite often if you watch my matches...it's useful for mind games but it typically costs me a combo.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

07-13-2008   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsg
sometimes the safest way is to dash away immediately, since it's the only thing that's fast enough to avoid a down attack, even pressing A isnt fast enough to dodge it.

dainns normally just do A then dash, and since their wake-up A attack has a crazy range, generally they're safe.

Eirs: HS, SW, heal cancel, dodge, shout, tears cancel, etc...>_<

sieg: they can also use FDS(but not very reliable), blow, counter, etc

tia is in my opinion the worst at wake-ups. Her A attack is super slow, has a crappy range and a long delay after. Usually I use A SCA or A shuriken cancel
tia stun wake up vs tia knockdown wake up, whats the deal?