Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
11-25-2013   #39561 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I am not long leaving the hospital, you'll need to give me more time to recover.
Typing instructions on a phone is slow and painful.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-25-2013   #39562 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rakion: Chaos Force

Asurum has disabled reputation

I just ate some eggs.

11-25-2013   #39563 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Are you ok Light? D:

(Asu is so violent with eggs)

11-26-2013   #39564 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

25 of the Most WTF Worthy Gifs to Ever Come Out of Japan - CollegeHumor Picture Gallery

#6 is totally Aimee LOOOL.

/flee

11-26-2013   #39565 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

Hi. I need to report Mega for spamming the forum. Please ban him for I do not understand this gibberish.
Thank you for your time.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

11-26-2013   #39566 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Pfft your like 2 years too late woman.

11-27-2013   #39567 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Welp I got it all put together (made sure to ground myself this time so I wouldn't kill any of the parts!)

I hooked it up and everything, but now it's not putting up any image or making any beeps so that I can look up an error code...

11-28-2013   #39568 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
Welp I got it all put together (made sure to ground myself this time so I wouldn't kill any of the parts!)

I hooked it up and everything, but now it's not putting up any image or making any beeps so that I can look up an error code...
Grounding is a precaution, it's not required if you handle parts properly and to be honest it's less likely to fry parts than it was over two decades ago. (or if you're an idiot who rubs your feet over carpet)

Because I can't see anything, I can't suggest anything. You'll need to take pictures of the inside, but a perfectly clear shot of the entire motherboard is really all that's necessary.

11-28-2013   #39569 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

I figured it out Light! (And by the way this whole house is pretty much carpet except the dining room where I put it together lol)

I derped the hardest derp I ever derped ~_~...

I'm not used to these huge azz graphic cards that require more than 1 connection...I was watching installation videos on YouTube and finally noticed you needed to connect the 6 AND 8 pin connectors for it to work properly lol... For some reason I though the 8 pin was something to do with that CrossFire / SLI thingy :S

It's installing Windows 8.1 atm and hopefully all the other installations go well. It'll probably be Friday evening before I can even mess with it again since I get to work Black Friday! Horray.....

BTW, is it better to power off desktops or leave them on? I know with my Laptop they suggested that I just close the lid that puts it into sleep mode (but obviously you can't close the lid on a desktop~)

Last edited by Mega; 11-28-2013 at 03:43 AM.

11-28-2013   #39570 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Horray Light!

AMD Radeon R9 280X video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-4670K,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VI HERO

I finally have enough frames during the Firestorm one to see what's going on instead of every 5th frame

11-28-2013   #39571 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

yaaaaaaaaaaaay

11-28-2013   #39572 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Quote:
BTW, is it better to power off desktops or leave them on? I know with my Laptop they suggested that I just close the lid that puts it into sleep mode (but obviously you can't close the lid on a desktop~)
This is something always subject to some debate, but it's worth noting that capacitors, converters and all manner of power regulation hardware does have a lifespan.

A previous motherboard I owned died because I kept the system on 24/7, it reached the lifespan where the capacitor just couldn't tolerate any more electrical charge. It was a $140 dent I wasn't prepared for, but the motherboard lasted 2 years.

It's also worth noting that power has to come from somewhere, so your electrical bill will likely shoot up $20 per month or more leaving it on.

So really it's up to you. Personally unless I have a reason to keep a system on overnight (MMO shop, torrenting, updates etc.) then I'll power the system down before bed. Or I'll set a macro to shut the system down for me while I'm asleep, at a time when I think it has been on long enough. (3-4 AM)

--

Fire Strike score of 7407 is pretty damn good for a system that cheap. You can easily tackle some very big name graphical beasts like Crysis 3, without any notable issues.

11-28-2013   #39573 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

/tries to lure Asu with cookies

Also I'm going to have to save up and get some speakers since none of the parts came with a audio cable to plug up to the monitor =/

Probably look at some USB keyboards too. Right now I'm using a keyboard from our old desktop that died like 5 years ago

Last edited by Mega; 11-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.

11-29-2013   #39574 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

So I'm still going to have to figure out how to use this SSD when it gets here

Also the first SSD that was "cancelled" shipped today for whatever reason even though I didn't have enough money in the bank for it, and there's no pending charges on my account for it either.

If newegg wants to pay for the shipping / schedule a pick up, then ok, but I'm not going out of my way to return it =/

11-29-2013   #39575 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

To hot to handle.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

11-30-2013   #39576 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Quote:
So I'm still going to have to figure out how to use this SSD when it gets here
It's a hard drive, you know everything already. It just requires minor tweaks.

11-30-2013   #39577 (permalink)
Special
Games

11-30-2013   #39578 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Oooooo Jerry failed an exam?!

11-30-2013   #39579 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Did someone said eggs?

11-30-2013   #39580 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Lateeeeee Asu!