LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
11-16-2013   #39461 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

What GPU you can use is determined by the motherboard and power supply unit. You'd need to supply information on both.
Computers always come with the cables they require.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-16-2013   #39462 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Dunno about the power supply, but the mother board is a Dell 0KWVT8 version A00.

11-16-2013   #39463 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rakion: Chaos Force

Asurum has disabled reputation

Have some penguins, they will speed up your machine.

11-16-2013   #39464 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Seems like what you have is all you can really use. Building your own has always been the way to go, and since it's a kit you know it's compatible.

Though if you really save up you can build a PC like mine - http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1110502

11-16-2013   #39465 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Newegg.com cannot guarantee the compatibility of Combo items.
lol.

Google is showing me that it can go up to a Nvidia GTX 780, but I'd also have to get a new power supply.

11-16-2013   #39466 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

Using a 780 is not a good idea if your processor is a piece of shit.
They're also around $650.

Putting my system together cost $3500, the liquid cooling setup added another $1000.
While liquid cooling isn't mandatory, it's pretty pointless to buy such high end hardware and not max them out while remaining cool.

Newegg saying combo units aren't necessarily 100% compatible is just to cover their own asses. It wouldn't make sense to sell it and completely screw you with mismatched parts.

11-17-2013   #39467 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

So I got a response from the newegg forums. Wasn't expecting someone to try to help me build one xD This is what he's come up with so far, what do you think Light ?_? /complete narb at this stuff

EggXpert - Computer Bundle at Newegg question(s).

11-17-2013   #39468 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rakion: Chaos Force

Asurum has disabled reputation

Meganarb .

11-17-2013   #39469 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

Narbasu .

11-17-2013   #39470 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

Soooo I have no idea how to choose =/

Number 1:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Number 2: (includes a monitor)
EggXpert - Computer Bundle at Newegg question(s).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on top of that there's 2 different graphics cards:

AMD/ATI:
Newegg.com - ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Nvidia:
Newegg.com - ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

11-17-2013   #39471 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

This thread turned into a nerd computer thread.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

11-17-2013   #39472 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

He knows what he's talking about.

The Battlefield 4 Series GAA-K130X system comes with additional RAM and Mhz, Power Supply Wattage and 8-Core 4Ghz processor which is good for the multitasking aspect.

His system cuts the edge on RAM for legitimate reasons, and dropped to a 4 core 3.7Ghz (You can OC this to 4Ghz or more with a closed liquid cooling loop for $60~$80).
But with his cuts you can get a nice 27" monitor for just $100 more.

For the things that you do, his package is ideal. As I mentioned he knows what he's talking about.
Thank him for his help and buy his set, don't forget that coupon.

---

Stick with his Radeon graphics card.

---

After the system arrives and is built, you'll need to perform a number of tweaks to help improve SSD life, you can message me so we can get that all worked out.

Plus if you need assistance in how to assemble a system, I can give you step by step instructions. Though it's literally snapping items in place.

11-17-2013   #39473 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

He posted this 6 hours ago.

Quote:
The Equivalent to the R9 280X is a GTX 770. The only reason I mentioned it is because of the free games bundle out right now. Both brands come with their own features, and heres a link to a GTX 770 from Asus, if you'd like to check out those features: Newegg.com - ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

EVGA is a very respected GPU brand on the GTX market, if you want to find more options.
It comes with 3 free (recent) games...but dunno if that would be worth it or not.

11-17-2013   #39474 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

No it doesn't come with the games.
It's written that it only comes with a combo, which means both the graphics card and the Nvidia Shield. (handheld PC system)

11-17-2013   #39475 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

Ohhhh ok...

Guess I'll stick to the R9 280x then. And yes I'll probably need some advice assembling it since I've never dealt with a SSD before and it looks like they're using the newer slim cables as well (we used the fat ribbons in college lawl)

Thanks Lighto for all your help I'll probably order the parts in a couple of weeks after I get another paycheck~

11-17-2013   #39476 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
I've never dealt with a SSD before and it looks like they're using the newer slim cables as well (we used the fat ribbons in college lawl)
What?!

Sata has been out for ages and it's the only majorly used interface over the past 5 years! I haven't touched an IDE Parallel ATA cable since 2006.

Cable management is something you'll have a lot of fun working on by the way.

11-18-2013   #39477 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

idk whether to read that last line in Light's sarcastic or normal voice lol.

11-18-2013   #39478 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

Almost done I think...

Leaning towards the Radeon graphics card even though I do want to try Assassin's Creed (never played one before) and Batman. Just gotta find a case that I like besides that. Orange.... *-*

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also DJ Zedd's videos are always so awesome~

11-18-2013   #39479 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

So as long as this case and all the parts work, I'll be going with this setup~

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

11-19-2013   #39480 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

This is how I imagine Aimee waking up of a morning for some reason :S