Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
11-04-2008   #221 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Class: Sieg
Level: 75 RB

I've never heard it anywhere that it does. They give you the tool you need to put it on your mac.. so I dunno.
Besides.. I don't have warranty on my mac.. was always to lazy to get it. I should get it though -_-

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-04-2008   #222 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Watatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Falsita
Class: 冰之魔法師 lu_yuki
Level: 5x
Guild: Foriel Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bredgen
Macs are MUCH more secure than windows... (I've been using my Macbook for over a year now.. I've had...... 0 viruses?). No spyware crap, no slow random popups asking to secure you windows with "automatic updates" etc. I'm not saying that someone using Windows WILL DEFINITELY get a virus (if you know what you're doing and keep your computer clean... you won't, even with windows), but Mac is just more secure, without trying.
I agree with most of this, but the virus arguement isn't that valid because macs aren't popular so less people write viruses for them.

Macs aren't that secure:
Mac easiest to hack, says $10,000 winner

Quote:
"It [the mac] was the easiest one of the three," said Charlie Miller, an analyst at Independent Security Evaluators (ISE), a Baltimore-based security consultancy. "We wanted to spend as little time as possible coming up with an exploit, so we picked Mac OS X."
Quote:
Also, Mac runs alot smoother than windows. You can have shitty specs on a mac and have windows run something with double the specs, and the mac will still run smoother (meh.. maybe I'm exaggerating.. but you get my point).
Yea but macs are more expensive than normal computers.

Quote:
You don't need an apple computer to run Mac OSX. My friend had a laptop that had linux, windows and mac osx on 3 different partitions. (Although I don't know how he did it... but I know its possible).
It's called hackintosh and it's illigal.

Quote:
About that 5 regions thing... yea, I got that too the other day... I agree that's kinda stupid. But that's nothing to do with Mac's performance. That's the company itself.
You seem to miss the point that the only problem I have is with the company itself.

Quote:
There is a function to kill processes on a mac. That dude obviously didn't know about it. (To tell you the truth.. I use it so little that I forgot it too. I've had to use it like twice in over a year). Its just like Windows, you click 3 buttons, a window pops up with the what's running, you choose the program you want to end and u click "Force Quit".
Yea, I just put that there for lulz.

Quote:
As for games, keep in mind that mac is made originally for work purposes, not games. All those programs that are made by apple (iWorks, Garage Band, iTunes, can't think of overs on top of my head) are all better quality and faster than ones made by Microsoft. Back when I thought Windows > Macs (while back), I'd always be told that Macs are far better to use than Windows when it comes to that kind of stuff (Design, Some type of art creation). If someone really wanted to play games, they can always use Bootcamp (provided to you BY apple!!) to install windows XP on the computer to play them (that's what I do).
I can't really comment here since I don't do these kind of stuff with a computer. I still pity the people who have no choice but to use a mac.

Quote:
Apple keeps shit simple. They design their products to be the simplest possible for the customer (which is.. what EVERYONE wants; a good example would be that pic that Light posted..) and at the same time, they deliver HIGH quality product. They really pull random engineering breakthroughs out of nowhere to create something that has never been seen before in the market. Macbook Air (thinnest notebook... although not the most practical... really not); The new Macbooks (don't know if you've seen them)... amazing laptops, Super sexy, made out of 1 piece, super light, amazing specs, LED screen (first laptop ever to have that, i believe), SEXY VIDEO CARD, etc.
I will admit I don't know much about the OSX design, but I highly doubt it is simple. To me, "simple" is a base OS without any unnessesary additions. That way I can shape my OS to my needs and I don't have to keep deleting things (or worse, it comes with undeletable bloat). It should also be easy to customise, and its configuration files should be organized, readable and editable by hand.

Hiding the complexities of a system in the end makes it more complex.

Quote:
No, Macs run shit. They deliver quality. I just feel sorry for those who are afraid of change and absolutely refuse to use a Mac when they haven't even seen/tried/heard of what they are capable of doing.
I'm not afraid of change obviously, since I used to be a windows user but switched to Linux a few years ago.

I understand that macs have many advantages over windows, but like I said, the biggest problems I have with apple are political. Users deserve more freedom, and apple takes it away from them and gives them a candy to try and make them not notice.

11-04-2008   #223 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

lol ladies, enough tech talk Dx

11-04-2008   #224 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

holy shiat, I made a debate.
awesum

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

11-04-2008   #225 (permalink)
ggFTW Veteran

GV8J6SDK29ASJH0D has disabled reputation

oh wow. thats. tl/dr for me ._.
But Personally, I like Mac more. just because of the looks. And it was easy to use.
Windows is so cluttery.

11-04-2008   #226 (permalink)
Boku ga Kira da!

qyn6 is on a distinguished road
IGN: qyn666
Class: Eir
Level: 61
Guild: Prisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
holy shiat, I made a debate.
awesum
.-. u and ur debates

to summarize, windows>>>mac
the end. xD

my old school had macs and it was so annoying. that one button mouse thing and i couldnt even open word ._.

11-04-2008   #227 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyn6
i couldnt even open word ._.
u do realize that word is a windows program right?

on macs its usually applewords

11-04-2008   #228 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30

NIBS ALL OF YOU!

Any working computer without glitches or errors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

I personally like Windows though, but I grew up with it so >_>

ANd how is windows to clustery?! That's only if you don't take care of it and let all the programs pile up... lrn2clean

11-04-2008   #229 (permalink)
Boku ga Kira da!

qyn6 is on a distinguished road
IGN: qyn666
Class: Eir
Level: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naps
u do realize that word is a windows program right?

on macs its usually applewords
its still called word ._.

11-04-2008   #230 (permalink)
ggFTW Veteran

GV8J6SDK29ASJH0D has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBoy740
NIBS ALL OF YOU!

Any working computer without glitches or errors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

I personally like Windows though, but I grew up with it so >_>

ANd how is windows to clustery?! That's only if you don't take care of it and let all the programs pile up... lrn2clean
Wanna bet that my windows is more cleaned up than yours? I means. Windows itself. how its programmed. and designed. it's really messy

11-04-2008   #231 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30

Ah...well I don't go looking around in my files that often anyways.

BUT I do have a problem with people who say Vista sucks. I think those are the people who are too stupid to know how to use a computer.........

I have vista on all my computers and have never had any problems. Yeah it is over protective, but that just helps keep bad programs and things off your comp.

11-04-2008   #232 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watatsuki
I agree with most of this, but the virus arguement isn't that valid because macs aren't popular so less people write viruses for them.

Macs aren't that secure:
Mac easiest to hack, says $10,000 winner
Quote:
"... We were equally capable of finding [a vulnerability] in Windows if we had to," he said.
I never said that Mac was un-hackable, but Windows computers are much more prone to getting viruses than Macs. Keep in mind also that this guy is a pro hacker, any average user wouldn't be capable of doing something like that. As far as normal usage of computers are, I'd say that Mac are more secure than Windows (although I do agree that they aren't that popular, so less viruses running around, but Macs are still less prone to viruses).

Quote:
Yea but macs are more expensive than normal computers.
Yea, they are more expensive... better performance, it's understandable. Better quality leads to higher price.

Quote:
It's called hackintosh and it's illigal.
Really? I had no idea.... Never looked into it and never asked how he had Leopard on his laptop.

Quote:
You seem to miss the point that the only problem I have is with the company itself.
Yar... I suppose, I didn't really pay attention to that. Some stuff they do is stupid... but they are geniouses :P. You don't see any other company pulling random crap out of their asses .

Quote:
I can't really comment here since I don't do these kind of stuff with a computer. I still pity the people who have no choice but to use a mac.
Why pity? People that use macs have it easier. Easier to use macs for this type of work. If anything, you should envy :P. Besides, why pity if they are happy with whatever they are using?

Quote:
I will admit I don't know much about the OSX design, but I highly doubt it is simple. To me, "simple" is a base OS without any unnessesary additions. That way I can shape my OS to my needs and I don't have to keep deleting things (or worse, it comes with undeletable bloat). It should also be easy to customise, and its configuration files should be organized, readable and editable by hand.

Hiding the complexities of a system in the end makes it more complex.
Well this depends on the person. Average users don't usually go into the inside-workings of an OS and play around with the files. They customize what they can using the control panel and that's it.
I've heard that the new laptops/computers you buy, that come as Vista, doesn't allow you to delete vista if you want to put XP on it... (i personally hate vista..). Is that true? That's an undeletable bloat if you ask me :P... a big one. But you use Linux.. so doesn't apply to you .

Quote:
I'm not afraid of change obviously, since I used to be a windows user but switched to Linux a few years ago.

I understand that macs have many advantages over windows, but like I said, the biggest problems I have with apple are political. Users deserve more freedom, and apple takes it away from them and gives them a candy to try and make them not notice.
Hmm.. I can't think of what freedoms you're talking about? Is it just the OS files not being configurable? Or something on a larger scale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyn6
.-. u and ur debates

to summarize, windows>>>mac
the end. xD

my old school had macs and it was so annoying. that one button mouse thing and i couldnt even open word ._.
Lol.. i suspect lots of people hate macs for this reason. Those old macs are OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD. They don't come near to what macs do today. Trust me... your being mis-lead by your school (I hated macs for this reason.. until someone opened my eyes to their greatness).

11-04-2008   #233 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

This debate is almost worthy of new thread.
and it would draw a lot more opinions.

11-04-2008   #234 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Watatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Falsita
Class: 冰之魔法師 lu_yuki
Level: 5x
Guild: Foriel Union

Light, it's all your fault. _

Don't put this into another thread. I don't have enough hard evidence to back up my opinions. I just hate Apple because they are a large corporation, and we all know that all large corporations are evil.

Hmm the 5 regions is a good example of loss of freedom that I can think up of off the top of my head.

And of course I pity the users who have no choice to use the mac because they are losing their freedoms under the influence of the all powerful apple and they might not even know it.

That and there are people paying so much money, when they really shouldn't be.

11-04-2008   #235 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rakion: Chaos Force

Asurum has disabled reputation

Blah blah blah...

C'mon all, chill out ;D

(psh! linux>windows)

11-04-2008   #236 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

why would I, I'm just saying it would be a pretty good debate :x

11-05-2008   #237 (permalink)

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

z.z why care so much ? just use what you feel comfortable with z.z

11-05-2008   #238 (permalink)
Custom User Title

I still don't see why you pity those that have no choice but to use Macs. That's like me saying that I pity those that have no choice but to use Windows, or Linux just... because. Windows is a bigger company that Apple, doesn't that make them more evil than Apple?
Every company does things that we find stupid. It doesn't mean that they are all powerful and they want things their way and the world would be a shittier place if they were running a monopoly. Different run different ways and do different things... if they were all the same then whats the point of being called something different?

And Apple computers aren't THAT much more expensive than normal Windows computer. Lots of Windows laptops can come match or be more expensive than the Macbooks you can buy. The only difference is that there is a lot more variety with the former. Me personally, I wouldn't mind paying a couple of hundred $ extra to get a better performance laptop. As for the new macbooks.... zomg i wanna throw mine away and buy a new one.. those things are like... *drool *

11-05-2008   #239 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

11-05-2008   #240 (permalink)
Custom User Title

^LOL I love those commercials..