ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Priest Class (http://ggftw.com/forum/priest-class/)
-   -   FS Sader Build (http://ggftw.com/forum/priest-class/115468-fs-sader-build.html)

mamoru 07-31-2012 02:53 AM

FS Sader Build

Crusader - Planner

Umm.. yeah. It'd be nice to get some feedback on this. D= I'll be able to make do without any real attack skills in a party, right?

Anima 07-31-2012 08:02 AM

take out the points you put in aura of conviction. the range is ass.

consider maxing slow heal with the points instead, and trading healing wind for maxing cross crash. at least get one level of cross crash because it's extremely good

Shadow5YA 07-31-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anima (Post 1752960)
trading healing wind

I would rather trade Heaven's Melody for Cross Crash than Healing Wind. I'd prefer a sader to give me invincibility and hp/mp heal than some increase in max HP/MP.

J0SH2 07-31-2012 10:53 PM

well the increase in max HP/MP helps the sader since his buffs get stronger with the more vitality he has, so you can go for that if you like.

i would drop deflection wall and pressure wall, your only attack skills should be spear to mob enemies for your party and blades of purity is optional.
cure is optional, but its pretty useful at times.

also, slow heal upgrade with level 10 slow heal...what? max it if you're getting the EX

mamoru 08-06-2012 09:22 PM

thanks for the replies, i think i got a good idea of how to fix my build

i got a dual build from the event package and i am going to use it on my sader when he awakens. i have a few questions about battle sader.

1.) do they still use plate armor?
2.) what weapon is best? can i keep my crosses that i use for FS?
3.) is apocalypse worth it for b. saders? i vaguely recall reading something about how the prereq will bump up to lv.10 spiritual sacrifice soo i'm not sure if it's really worth the SP dump.

J0SH2 08-07-2012 11:52 PM

1) still plate armor
2) i'd probably say crosses, you can take the extra defense, you dont attack anyway
3) Apocalypse was good for both FS and B Saders iirc. Apocalypse gives a good buff, and also does damage, so its up to you if you want it.

Also, not sure if it works anymore but you can stack apocalypse by using it, leave room before lasers, come back after CD ends, repeat until desired number of disco laser balls are present, let all of them activate, and then gg. was mainly used to destroy hell parties if you wanted to do it like that, although it did take a while.

Shadow5YA 08-09-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 1755786)
thanks for the replies, i think i got a good idea of how to fix my build

i got a dual build from the event package and i am going to use it on my sader when he awakens. i have a few questions about battle sader.

1.) do they still use plate armor?
2.) what weapon is best? can i keep my crosses that i use for FS?
3.) is apocalypse worth it for b. saders? i vaguely recall reading something about how the prereq will bump up to lv.10 spiritual sacrifice soo i'm not sure if it's really worth the SP dump.

1) Plate because of plate mastery
2) You need crosses at the very least for weapon swapping because most if not all Crusader bonuses are on crosses, and because only crosses also give Vit and Spr, which you need for your buffs.
After buffs, it doesn't really matter what you use since the majority of Crusader's skills are fixed damage. For PvP, Scythe is the best for obvious reasons.
3.) For a Battle build, I personally would not recommend it because it's a large SP investment as you stated. A Battle Sader is already tight on SP from having to invest in those Grace of ____ stat passives. Sacrificing SP and efficiency for a skill that will be good only once or twice every dungeon doesn't sound like a good tradeoff to me.

However, you're wrong on the prerequisites I think. According to the Planner you only need 1 Spiritual Sacrifice and 10 Revenge of Light.

As for what J0SH2 is referring to, that is a very situational and time consuming gimmick. Basically it only works on Hell Modes, where you clear the room, avoid breaking the Hell Mode pillar, then cast Apocalypse, then go back to a different cleared room. Then you would have to go back to the Hell room when Apocalypse comes off cooldown, cast it again, and leave the room and repeat until you have this:

It's not possible outside of hell modes, and if you're in a party, you need the party to cooperate with you for this to happen.