ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Power Type

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-02-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

kyozumi is on a distinguished road
Default DX buffalo...Problems

I'm currently having a problem with my lvl 107 buffalo at the moment. I thought that DX would be awesome in boosting Shadow's damage and #of combos for Blazing Strike, so I was gonna go pure DX. But my friend told me that I shouldnt go DX all the way. So, what I did was the first 55 lvls, I put all the bonus points into AP. Then from 56-170, I'd put the points in DX.

Here's where the problem begins. As taken from the wiki, this is shadow's damage formula:

[AP - ((DX - 10) 24)] Mag. Ratio

I thought that AP was the Attack power PERCENTAGE, not the real AP stat, but I read a couple of threads and found out it's actually the stat. If I was lvl170 and went DX till then, I would have at least -39 DX with my equips and buffs.. and around 5K AP. That would make my shadow do around 55k damage.

I calculated what my damage would been if I went full AP. Let's just say... A lot higher. Unfortunatly, it took me until now to notice this, and my buff is already lvl 107. Should I continue with the DX till 170.. or switch to AP ASAP

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

It has been proven that pure DX is pointless because it didn't help Shadow and Blazing Strike that much. AP has always been the powering stat for skills.

It's best that you go pure AP and don't waste stats on DX.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

09-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

*-* So I should go AP from now on?

09-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

Yes.

Going pure DX and relying on only Shadow + Blazing Strike will only slow you down in the future.
You will eventually need high AP for your other skills to combo fast on bosses, as well as for PVP / GVG if you plan to do those.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

09-03-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!
IGN: Mashimoto

It sucks, doesn't it? XD

09-03-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Yes, and I would start over but I already wasted a lotta money on finishing episode 2. :< Guess if I really wanna fix it up i need Point back all, or at least 4 point back 40's