ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Power Type

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-13-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

PureLee is on a distinguished road
Smile Need warrior's opinion :)

Hey fellow Warrior's my name is PureLee and i'm level 86 and rising, my TM level is also 66 and rising. I don't really have a big problem but i just have some questions about my skill build, armor and weapons.

My stat build is 4114 which is quite obvious from my nickname. My current skills are:

1st
Shockwave - 10
Burning Rave - 10
Shockvibe - 10
Pumping Heart - 7
Bull's Eye - 9

2nd

Faint - Passive
Larcerator - 10

Equipment:

Active Sword - level 4
AP +263
AC +4
HV +8
Light attribute 90%

Active Helmet - level 4
AC +6
MD +166
DP +43
HV +4

Princess's Shield - level 3 (okay i fused it because i hated the color of it...)
AC +3
MD +175
LK +5
DP +87
HV +2

Graduation Ring
AC +2
Max MP +600
Max WT +800
LK + 6
Max HP +600

Aquamarine pendant
AP +190
DX -1
DA +5
HV +5

Shadow Pop Vest
AP +275
AC +5
DA +6
LK +4
Max HP +300

I have currently 3.8k of HP and have no real problems with WT but i think that my defense sucks a bit.
Then I have a pet, megalo UFO which i'm soon going to trade for Fairy Red for more AP. Since almost all of my equipment is from myshop, i guess i was pretty lucky to get it from those events and especially gatcha.

My current damage is about 4-5k which is very small...comparing to the Golden sword users. But i guess i won't be able to buy the pharaoh set since i have only about 1 mil. I have no problems with drilling or crits. I'm more of a mobber than a PvP player. Shockvibe has saved me alot of pots against stronger monsters, so did Shockwave with Faint. Since Larcerator is pretty much a lottery, the damage is pretty good but aiming is pretty random.

I would like to go for the Earthquake blade and other AoE skills but i guess here comes my main problem. The Equipment. I will probably have to change my sword once. Since i heard it's good to have a soil attribute sword for Erthquake blade and the AP on my current sword is VERY small, perhaps too small for my current level.

I would like to see your opinions about everything, my skill build and the best equipment i should or could get. If it's possible, ignore the pharaoh set, I don't really care if i'm a little weaker then the others, i'm just worried if maybe i'm at the wrong way for the path of gladiator.

Sorry about my bad english but thanks for your answers in advance

Lee

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-14-2009   #2 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

I see no problem here. You're doing pretty good for a level 83 w/o Pharaoh equips. You'll want to get Piercing Wave too soon. And get Pumping Heart to 10~

Lancerator isn't exactly what you would call a reliable AoE skill. Despite what the description says, it's more used as a strong single-target skills by most.

I would suggest to learn Earthquake Blade too but the MP cost and WT for MP pots at your level range worries me. If you get Fire attribute before a Soil attribute, you could go for Inferno Blade first instead of Earthquake. But then Fire attribute would prove a problem when you start training at Tap1, and most Fire users have a Dark attributed Pharaoh shield when they train there.

I know you said exclude the Pharaoh set but I really encourage you to save up for the Pharaoh shield at the very least, and compound it with Dark Stones.

Other than that, I'd say is a pretty good build.

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

08-14-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Thank you very much for your answer ^^

About the potions and the WT problem. Well it's not a big problem at all since i have that Graduation Ring which offers me about 600 WT which is quite good. At this point i carry around about 150 Pink C pots and about 40-50 Blue B pots. I know that i would have to have the Herb potions since 3.8k of hp, but i'm too lazy to teleport to Phantom school or Black swamp every time i ran out of them.

Well I still have that potion for skill deletion at myshop. I guess i got it from a previous event. But I still want to be sure enough. Is the skill Lacerator really a bad mistake? I mean okay...i saw that skill in many skill builds cuz it's a perequsite.
But at first hand experience, there's been really rare times when i could hit 3 mobs in one shot. Sooo my question is if it's even worth getting the other skills since the aiming of the first skill is completely random. For single mobs i already have Burning Rave and Shockwave with Faint. Which are mostly used all together (at stronger mobs: SW + BR if that doesn't work then Shockvibe ).

Piercing wave is at level 85 i think. I also heard about Berserker and I had it on my previous character till i decided to make a pure stat build.

So another question. What's really the difference between Berserker and Blazing Strike?. Both skills seem similliar to me, Berserker could be stronger but you lose control and your health get's drained. Opinions?

So is there REALLY no other equipment for Warriors then Golden Lion Shield and Golden Sword? I mean, okay i saw a bunny with that equipment and she did like 12k damage at the same monsters that i was fighting... But the Pharaoh set would cost me around 10 mil right now. Maybe even more since the drop rate is smaller than before. I tried to get the set by beating up Tut. but it's useless with all those quests you have to do at the first (the quizzes are glitched -.-).

Soo yeah, anymore answers would be great? Any links to other similliar discussions would be awesome but what counts more to me is an opinion from an older "brother"

Thanks in advance

08-14-2009   #4 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae

Power Types generally aim for elemental attributes. Any weapon that you can put an element is fine, but there are only 4 shields in this entire game that can be compounded for elements (A 4g shield, 2 old gacha shields, and the Pharaoh shield). So even if it's just the Pharaoh shield you'll get and not the whole set, it would increase your damage output by a lot.

I suggested Piercing Wave because not only is it a strong single-hitter, but it's also ranged w/ a reasonable MP cost. Plus, it is a prereq for the very useful 3rd job skill Chi Sword. My old technique was Piercing -> Shockwave -> Burning Rave -> Normal -> Burning Rave -> Shockwave -> etc...

Lancerator is included in skill builds for 2 reasons. 1st is for Tidal Wave, which used to be the only reliable AoE skill that a Buffalo had. A lot of old skill builds will include Lancerator as a prereq only to get Tidal Wave. 2nd reason is that it's a prereq for Tempest Strike. It is a very strong skill ONLY if you have Air%. W/o Air%, it's quite weak and not worth the MP cost. It's more of a PvP skill. I doubt anyone would get Lancerator if it wasn't a prereq for anything~

Berserker and Blazing Strike are very different. Blazing Strike is a ranged offensive skill that does random damage. Berserker is like a buff, it increases your AP by a huge amount but in exchange your character goes into auto/AI mode and will attack enemies on its own. The HP drain is very minimal, and you'll hardly notice it~ Though using Berserker effectively will require some practice and experience. You can postpone getting Berserker until after you get Chi Sword. These 2 skills make an excellent combination in densely populated areas like Count Trial bats.

08-14-2009   #5 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureLee
Thank you very much for your answer ^^

About the potions and the WT problem. Well it's not a big problem at all since i have that Graduation Ring which offers me about 600 WT which is quite good. At this point i carry around about 150 Pink C pots and about 40-50 Blue B pots. I know that i would have to have the Herb potions since 3.8k of hp, but i'm too lazy to teleport to Phantom school or Black swamp every time i ran out of them.
You can start put 3 AP and 1 WT for every lvl..
In high lvl, this can help you a lot...

08-14-2009   #6 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikegundam
You can start put 3 AP and 1 WT for every lvl..
In high lvl, this can help you a lot...
I agree with this. 4114 Pure AP may not be a problem now, but the WT will eventually become a problem as you get to the 150's range. Switching 3AP:1WT would help your WT tremendously, and the AP loss won't be much of a problem.

08-14-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Ahh thank's alot everyone ^^ i'll try to save some money for the Golden Lion Shield then. Okay last question from my side err, currently i still have to finish the mermaid palace quests, but what then? Mirage Island? Annd one more question. I guess I will have to train my TM experience. I COULD drill alot but it just get's boring i guess... I heard that in Mirage Island you get alot of TM quests, what's the recommended base level to enter the Mirage Island?

08-14-2009   #8 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold

Your lvl should be fine..
In mirage island, you can do the these TM quest:
Monkey T's Request: 10x Panacea for each cycle, 25 cycle. 1,355,130 TM exp for each cycle
Cluck Cluck Warrior - The Great Chicken War: 5x Chickensaurus's Leg each cycle, 5 cycle. 338,782 exp for each cycle.
But before you go to mirage island, you need to do chapter 1 of Episode 2 quest first to get to mirage island. The guide are found here: Trickster Online:Episode 2 Quests - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

08-14-2009   #9 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

If you're going to just train in Mirage Island and gather Panaceas, I suggest Mirage Field 1 for now. Other fields have magic casting monsters~

08-14-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

wow thanks for some GREAT help ^^ oh about the magic casting monsters ermm i'm still in confusion here. I've compet my equipment with MD. So basically if i get attacked by mana arrow by some low monsters the damage is always 0. But this doesn't goes for POWER attacks from other monsters.

So, MD is better i guess since power types are very vulnerable against magic types. But i might need DP too, i can get that with refining but lately i heard that HV is actually better than DP. Anymore opinions from some great tanks in battle? :3

08-14-2009   #11 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

I mean that in Field 1, you'll only need HV and DP. in other fields, you'll need them + LK/MD. Your stats would be too spread out. And I don't mean simple magic like Mana Arrow, I mean like Electroshock+Electrostun spamming in Field 2 and Mana Storm (which freezes you in your tracks for about 2 seconds) spamming in Field 3.

And your ears did not lie, HV > DP~

08-14-2009   #12 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games

for a buff, HV, it doesn't really matter..
Just stick with HP and LK eq if you have problem