ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Power Type

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-28-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Syler will become famous soon enough
Class: Gladiator
Default Buffalo's are jipped!!

Why is it that pure buffalo's skill are not comparable to its power counter part the bunny?

bunny's ---> tetra, quad, eagle eye, guard, adrenalin and thats just to mention a few.

Buffalo ----> shadow and most of the other skills are elemental so u cant double up on skills!

are glads ever gonna get some more buffs like guard or eagle eye, bunny's have heaps of skills 2 jack their stats but none for gladiators......

any other opinions?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

If you're talking about pure buffs versus pure bunnies, pure bunnies are all about dealing massive damage to a single target. Pure buffalo focus more on multiple targets, so the damage to a single target sometimes isnt as high as what you could do on a bunny.

モノノ怪

01-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

im not just talking about damage but bunnies buffs as well such as eagle eye, guard and adrenalin.

Glads are really short changed in the 1on1 department as well

01-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaBuff
im not just talking about damage but bunnies buffs as well such as eagle eye, guard and adrenalin.

Glads are really short changed in the 1on1 department as well
Uhh, yeah. That's the point. 1on1 is a Bunny's specialty. Buffs are good in that too, but Bunnies are suppose to be superior in that field. You know why? Because BUNNIES CAN'T MOB! They're really strong, but when dealt with multiple enemies, a Buffalo is superior. That being said, Bunnies are slower to train and level as compared to a Buffalo.

You're a Buffalo, and you envy the Bunny's 1on1 prowess. Well guess what, Bunnies envy your mobbing capacity and training speed. That strength comes with a price, but it's up to you on which you value more. If you really can't decide, then go Hybrid ~_~

And about the skills. Bunnies are built for PvP, hence, Guard, Tetra, and Eagle Eye. Buffs are built for traning, hence Mobbing skills and Elemental Skills. Bunnies rely more on brute AP strength. Buffs rely more on their elements.

So as you can see, despite being both Powers, they're really built for different branches. Sure you can go the Bunny way on a Buff, but focusing on the specialty on others while ignoring your own forte, will of course lead to the other being superior, as that is their field.

And FYI, once you get to Chiserker training, you'll be the envy of all the Bunnies in PvM~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

01-28-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!
IGN: Mashimoto

somehow, i just saw some type of thread like this coming, and its not from me this time...XD

01-28-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

all of the glads skills are elemental and when training at tap 1 there are not many opportunities for mob skills and what about bossing and pvp its just makes it hard with little choice for skills 2 use 1on1

01-28-2009   #7 (permalink)
SunShine
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStory

BabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud ofBabySun has much to be proud of
IGN: BabySun l Keropii
Class: Baaaa
Level: ∞

cuz buff is more PvM oriented. they have AoE skills which allow them to train really fast. Bunny is made for one on one. Which cause their attack to be stronger.

01-28-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

Yep, except it doesn't stop you from using those elemental skills in pvp, it's just that they aren't as effective as bunnies. Glads still have one of the strongest skill available( if not the single most powerful), gale strike. This skill is ridiculous, provided good AP and air attribute of course.

Mobbing monsters in general is rarely effective. Let's compare

AoE skill:
-cast time, opportunity for monsters to run from radius/get killed
-MP cost, uses your MP up, thus requiring more MP pots thus having to bring LESS hp pots
-Limit of 5 monsters, ie: even if there are 10 monsters in the radius, only 5 will get hit
-Cooldown, generally not a concern with several skills to use in-between

Melee attack:
-Block, annoying feature monsters have that's unavoidable, you cannot prevent these and they can happen any frequency, from none to 10+ in a row generally
-MP-free: doesn't use any MP, it's a given
-Phys resist-killer: with enough element, enables you to OHKO physical resist/absorb monsters
-Only one monster at a time: a given again, unless one day they decide to release a skill that makes your melee AoE ( dear god please )

My general rule of thumb is this : if you KNOW you will hit at LEAST 3 monsters with your AoE skill, go for it. If not, go melee attack.

Edit: Totally forgot about chi sword, another gladiator-exclusive skill. It basically lengthens your sword and enables you to melee attack from a distance. ONLY works with melee attacks, since berserker uses melee attacks it works with it also.

Last edited by eD3N; 01-28-2009 at 09:15 PM.

01-28-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

raisinbun is on a distinguished road

Buffalo's AOE also goes hand in hand with elemental melee, because you only need one weapon to be at maximum effectiveness. I don't know about Bunnies, but if they use elemental weapon for melee, it might not be optimal for their skills because you don't expect superb AP from an elemental weapon...

It might be a small difference afterall, though =/
jTO - Racoon (lv21/21 4114 HV) 魔法老師ライシン (magic teacher raisin)
eTO - Foxes: raisinAsashin (Lv65 3142), raisinFoxy (Lv65 1144), raisinMaid (Lv28 1144)
eTO - Racoon: raisinMagister (Lv46 4114 all HV)

01-28-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

Well what else WOULD you comp into a sword if not element??
I guess AC, but if a bunny is that pvp-concerned to comp a sword with AC, they probably have other swords with element anyway.

P.S., tenter spear
get it

01-28-2009   #11 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaBuff
all of the glads skills are elemental and when training at tap 1 there are not many opportunities for mob skills and what about bossing and pvp its just makes it hard with little choice for skills 2 use 1on1
Uhh....I'm not sure what you mean by "elemental". If you meant "elementally attributed", then no. All Buffalo skills deal Physically Neutral damage, despite the fact that they get their strength from your equips elemental affinity. If you meant "elementally dependent", then that's not totally true neither. You may effectively use Sonic Slash even w/o water % in your equipment.

In bossing, Bunnies really excel in killing bosses extremely fast but once the boss summons his/her spawns, a Bunny will have to run and lure the boss away from the spawns (Guard can only protect her by so much). And in PvP, like I said Bunnies are built for that. But you know, if you're worried about the lack of skills, then don't be. ALL pure 3rd jobbers have that problem (Yes, even Champions). The skill roster isn't completed as of yet, so there's a very high possibility that you'll eventually find a skill you'll like.

But if your mind is still set that Bunnies are better, then for God's sake, play a Bunny and come back to us in 3 months. If you like it, then all well and good~ If not, well at least you saw the situation in both perspectives.

I remember when I used to super envy wind sheep because they train uber fast. Until my friend lend his wind sheep to me. Now I'm very satisfied with my Buff~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

01-28-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

raisinbun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eD3N
Well what else WOULD you comp into a sword if not element??
I guess AC, but if a bunny is that pvp-concerned to comp a sword with AC, they probably have other swords with element anyway.

P.S., tenter spear
get it
Then u will have to change weapon while u switch between skills and melee :P

My point is, it's not always so ideal that the maximum AP sword = the maximum element attr. sword. But in practice and for those very rich ones, the difference could be insignificant... haha

I thought about this point back when the sword with highest AP had no element (i.e. Sharp sword vs Custom sword). With what u said, i guess this difference has now disappeared, then =/

Tenter spear is uber strong :|
jTO - Racoon (lv21/21 4114 HV) 魔法老師ライシン (magic teacher raisin)
eTO - Foxes: raisinAsashin (Lv65 3142), raisinFoxy (Lv65 1144), raisinMaid (Lv28 1144)
eTO - Racoon: raisinMagister (Lv46 4114 all HV)

01-29-2009   #13 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Lol Fox part2. >.>''

As everyone has been saying, Bunnies are the 1 vs. 1 masters. They deal the heaviest hits to one monsters, and most of their skills have pretty hefty cooldowns too. Only skills that are spammable are Burning Rave, but that's too weak to use really, and Mega Flash Cut, and most people don't have enough AC to make it strong enough.
In addition, if people decided not to train with Elemental Attributes on their equipment, Bunnies would be the slowest. Why? They have no AoE skills, and their skills chug a lot of MP. True, AoE skills aren't the best skills, but they are certainly better than 1on1 skills that have high-cooldowns.

Buffalo skills are all elemental neutral. They deal plain old Physical damage. Yes, you can double up on elements, and seeing as you're 2xx, I don't know why you would say something so stupid, unless you just used a booster, I don't know, and I won't judge.

And in case you bring up the "lolbuffalo suck in PvP/GvG" thing.
Buffalo are harder to use in PvP/GvG because of our lack of pure power skills, aside from Gale and Tempest Strike. Bunnies are probably one of the only classes that can just run in and start attacking without thinking, I can't think of any other right now. But all the others require a tad bit of pre-meditation before you attack, or you'll end up dead. If you don't know how to play your char., dying will probably be one of the things you do most in PvP.

BTW, off-topic, but the plural of Buffalo, is Buffalo. And even if you were trying to make Buffalo, Buffalos, the apostrophe would not be there. =3
Just a grammar lesson.

01-30-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!

I would like to point out that the person who started this thread is not your loveable calculator FoxFX (IGN Mashimoto [how-to-be-innocent-when-someone-else-believes-buffalos-fail...{man that was long, lol}])

look, like most ppl say, we just have to wait till more skills come out. (I for one bellieve if buffalos get a skill that ignores block rates from melee attacks, Besrserk+Chi Sword would be more popular, but alas, the LK problem arises)

01-30-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ZeroShadow is a jewel in the roughZeroShadow is a jewel in the roughZeroShadow is a jewel in the rough
IGN: OmegaAxel, OmegaAxis
Class: Gladiator, Thief Master
Level: FailLvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by eD3N
Yep, except it doesn't stop you from using those elemental skills in pvp, it's just that they aren't as effective as bunnies. Glads still have one of the strongest skill available( if not the single most powerful), gale strike. This skill is ridiculous, provided good AP and air attribute of course.

Mobbing monsters in general is rarely effective. Let's compare

AoE skill:
-cast time, opportunity for monsters to run from radius/get killed
-MP cost, uses your MP up, thus requiring more MP pots thus having to bring LESS hp pots
-Limit of 5 monsters, ie: even if there are 10 monsters in the radius, only 5 will get hit
-Cooldown, generally not a concern with several skills to use in-between

Melee attack:
-Block, annoying feature monsters have that's unavoidable, you cannot prevent these and they can happen any frequency, from none to 10+ in a row generally
-MP-free: doesn't use any MP, it's a given
-Phys resist-killer: with enough element, enables you to OHKO physical resist/absorb monsters
-Only one monster at a time: a given again, unless one day they decide to release a skill that makes your melee AoE ( dear god please )

My general rule of thumb is this : if you KNOW you will hit at LEAST 3 monsters with your AoE skill, go for it. If not, go melee attack.

Edit: Totally forgot about chi sword, another gladiator-exclusive skill. It basically lengthens your sword and enables you to melee attack from a distance. ONLY works with melee attacks, since berserker uses melee attacks it works with it also.
Just a note to the bold part: It is the strongest skill. Check the hax stats thread, fl1p was doing something around 500k x2 = 1m damage ._.

01-30-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

while it is proven true that Tempest/Gale Strike is the strongest skill that hits twice, there are always drawbacks to consider:

>as the damage is random, you may get unlucky and may not hit enough damage to OHKO a foe rendering you defenseless at that instant.

>While there are some wind swords out there, there is still some issues with not only the poor equipment drop rates, but also if you are able to comp with enough wind with a high enough AP sword or if the sword is of high level enough for you to use in combat (the wind compound problem can be solved with a Wind Elemental Acessory, although there are no permanent ones out now).

As I would like to point out once again, I was not the person who started trolling this time in this thread. XD

01-31-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ZeroShadow is a jewel in the roughZeroShadow is a jewel in the roughZeroShadow is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFX
while it is proven true that Tempest/Gale Strike is the strongest skill that hits twice, there are always drawbacks to consider:

>as the damage is random, you may get unlucky and may not hit enough damage to OHKO a foe rendering you defenseless at that instant.

>While there are some wind swords out there, there is still some issues with not only the poor equipment drop rates, but also if you are able to comp with enough wind with a high enough AP sword or if the sword is of high level enough for you to use in combat (the wind compound problem can be solved with a Wind Elemental Acessory, although there are no permanent ones out now).

As I would like to point out once again, I was not the person who started trolling this time in this thread. XD
Not enough damage? Lets take the AP multiplier as a example: Even if you get 0% wind attribute (which is kind of rare, like getting maximum multiplier) you will still do 5.2x AP damage (with Gale, that is). And even if you dont OHKO the foe, we still have Tempest to combo with it. We don't get "defenseless" as you said ;D.

There aren't many wind attr swords out there right now? Ok, there aren't but for how long? Since myshop is being constantly updated, sooner or later you'll see 3s or even 4s wind attr weapons out there. Just like there weren't water attrs equips before...

And it isn't that hard to get 90% wind, which would get 0~6.3x Multiplier, which, since the skills give 2 hits - makes it go from 0~12,6x AP multiplier, nice, isnt it? (compare that to 20x AP multiplier from Tetra Punch ;D) And that's only 90%, all min comps, with any 3s equipments out there. One buffalo we all know - you know who - has around 320% Wind attr with only the 2 equipments available up to now - imagine if we get an wind attr compable shield? Or maybe a 4g set (points to Inferno one)?

My point is: the skill is hax, is the strongest of all (up until now) and can make up for its randomness with the low casting and cooldown times

BUT this thread is about Chi Sword so - changing subjects - it's a nice skill which only proves that theres more to come to Pure classes which makes them unique, this skill is a nice example.

Now, ok, if you guys are discontent with being a buffalo, as said before, why do you even bother playing with them? Go play as bunnies, racoons etc~ They're the best there is, right?

Leave us, the "fail-classes" alone and stop complaining about how we don't have as many hax skills as other classes.

Go to the light~ o/

PS: Is there ANY way to don't get a block from monsters at Tap1? How much LK would be necessary? Because Chi Sword is awesome and it tends to make a far away hit, but only the first one: If that one doesnt kill the target then my buffalo gets closer to the enemy ._.

Last edited by ZeroShadow; 01-31-2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Kind-of wrong topic O.O

01-31-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
BUT this thread is about Chi Sword so - changing subjects - it's a nice skill which only proves that theres more to come to Pure classes which makes them unique, this skill is a nice example.
um....wha? 0_0 I thought this thread was about some person (this time not me) saying buffs fail...0_0

OT: well, guess its time to get back to the calculator and check my numbers on this skill...XD

01-31-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFX
um....wha? 0_0 I thought this thread was about some person (this time not me) saying buffs fail...0_0

OT: well, guess its time to get back to the calculator and check my numbers on this skill...XD
LOL

Oh, sorry, I've mistaken the topics :P