ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Power Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/power-type/)
-   -   How to gear a Duelist up for PvP (http://ggftw.com/forum/power-type/116285-how-gear-duelist-up-pvp.html)

Cashmere 08-21-2012 11:49 PM

How to gear a Duelist up for PvP

Hello~ I'm currently working on an all-rounded, decent Duelist for PvM/Bossing/PvP. I am also working on a Diva, on a separate account, for the same purposes.

I heard that Duelists are weaker than Champions in PvP, if I'm wrong, please correct me. Of course, if a Duelist is funded enough, it can be on par with champions.

Since I am using two different accounts, I would appreciate it if I could find gears that I can trade within these two characters. I currently have a +26 AC Tombeth Helmet and a AP comped Ult. Nasal Helmet.

Character Information:
-Duelist is 4114, 3AP1WT distribution.
-Diva is 3124, pure HP.
-Decently funded in both Galders and MS.

Questions:
-What gears that I can trade is beneficial for both my Duelist and Diva?
-Should I use separate sets of gears for each character?
-Tombeth Helmet for Bunny/Diva? Ult. Nasal Helmet for Bunny/Diva?
-Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

TinyLegs 08-22-2012 04:09 AM

Hey you! :py55:

*I think altiverses are really good for both charm and power types since the weapon has either AP and HV [also tradeable!]
:py45:

Cashmere 08-22-2012 04:43 AM

Thank you TinyLegs.

/openformorediscussionsorz

Xii 08-22-2012 05:03 AM

I agree with Tiny, Altiverse are probably the best because they are cheaper (and sometimes better) than Boss gear.

The best thing about boss gear is the 4s for element attribute which I highly recommend for Gladiators beacuse they rely on Chi+attribute+zerk. Seeing how you have tetra for Bossing/Pvp the extra element attribute is not as important.

For mobbing/training purposes I recommend Flashbat sword at the least with earth attribute compounded for whackability for your Kitty and Earthquake boost for your Bunny.

Good luck!

Cashmere 08-22-2012 08:06 AM

Thank you both so much, +rep. c:

Gaap 08-23-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashmere (Post 1760808)
Questions:
-What gears that I can trade is beneficial for both my Duelist and Diva?
-Should I use separate sets of gears for each character?
-Tombeth Helmet for Bunny/Diva? Ult. Nasal Helmet for Bunny/Diva?
-Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

I need to find a day on updating my Duelist guide. (If I do owe any questions there, I'll get to it!)
  • Altiverse are getting very popular and I do own one (though obtained the closest "haxx") thanks to a friend. I usually live with MyShop (the most luckiest and last weapon/set to get is the Semisweet Chocolatto set or the Afina set), and don't consider Duelist to be the best in PvP/GvG... Mostly because the Champion had "Flaming Fist", and by experience against one: The time-casting for it is faster and can KO you and your Guard like it doesn't exist!
  • I say YES. If you are going Pure HP for Diva, you might as well get HP gears (Raccoon-based ones like the Card Master lolboxes that were just out) if going to use Impelling Rage so much! Though opinions may be different. I know Kyzummi had experience with one and had her own guide~
  • Ult. Nasal Helm with AP comps for Duelist. I am not fond of Boss Helment uniques unless you got the entire set. ._.; (But again that's my opinion.)
  • I run-through an Equip guide (again @ my Duelist guide) for the ideal Duelist... Or again how I thought they should run in. The almost-ideal like my Duelist (who is my CT-Boss Queen) had "fire" all over thanks to the Inferno Cape and Helmet.. Which are the two most expensive items ever due to the rarity of the 4G Coupons (you can obtain if completed Gacha) and the inflation of MS-Galder range.

Cashmere 08-27-2012 04:44 AM

^

Thank you so, so much. It's great to have input on this from an experienced Duelist player. Too bad many people told me Duelists "sucked" so it kinda lowered my spirits, but I think it'll work out, nevertheless.

Gaap 08-27-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashmere (Post 1762373)
^

Thank you so, so much. It's great to have input on this from an experienced Duelist player. Too bad many people told me Duelists "sucked" so it kinda lowered my spirits, but I think it'll work out, nevertheless.

In my view, I think they can be pro at GvGs if you got the right team and a good and quick stragedy. ^^; And I guess it was pure luck.

Though aside from Flaming Fist (and of course magic) to be aware off in GvGs, Tetraing a Dark Lord will get him AND you killed in a kamikazi. ^^;

Don't give up on your Duelist, okay? They are still amazing at PvM and I think make great "Chaos Tower queens"~ xD (Again if you are well prepared on equipment!)

Cashmere 08-27-2012 08:19 AM

I won't give up on my Duelist, I think she's lovely. And you've inspired me to make a Duelist and oh, I wear a Shara Hat too. Twins *puts on sunglasses*.