ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Power Type

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-01-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

DeviGod has a spectacular aura aboutDeviGod has a spectacular aura about
IGN: DeviGod
Class: Mercenary to_mercenary
Level: 271
Guild: Trollers
Default Gale Strike/Tempest Strike

Are these two skills still one of the most powerful skills in the game or are they nerfed now? And does anyone know their usefullness in PvP or should I skip it altogether? I already have Guard/Tetra

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-01-2012   #2 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Xii is a jewel in the roughXii is a jewel in the roughXii is a jewel in the rough

I personally do not like these skills for 3 reasons.

1) Because the area of affect is difficult to work with and its not nearly as affective as Earthquake/Inferno.
2) The element multiplier is too random, so while you might destroy an opponent one time you hit them, the next time you might only hit them for half their HP. Going Tidal/Sonic is much more consistent if high elemental damage is what your after.
3) In game, 5 star, Air ATT compoundable weapons are not very high level (lvl 155 Alti twist sword). As opposed to Water which has Ice Axe Lvl 240 and Earth which has Alti Flash Bat Lvl 200 and Soki Staff Lvl 270.

07-01-2012   #3 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Xii is a jewel in the roughXii is a jewel in the roughXii is a jewel in the rough

Sorry for double post.

In my opinion you should use Guard+Tetra in PvP and get Earthquake+Inferno for PvM.

=D

07-01-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

MikaMika will become famous soon enough
IGN: iMrRoboto/Onou/Iluvotar
Class: LWizard/Glad/DWizard
Level: 290/310/231

hmm actually i disagree becuz gale and tempest can make huge amounts of dmg has well has sonic and even more dmg
the only disadvantage is that for great gale dmg you need a hurricane rapier mostly (lvl 320) but the dmg its pretty great at pvp
for pvm its the most useless thing ever xD

07-01-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

DeviGod has a spectacular aura aboutDeviGod has a spectacular aura about
IGN: DeviGod
Class: Mercenary to_mercenary
Level: 271
Guild: Trollers

Is tempest/gale still the highest damaging skill in the game?

07-01-2012   #6 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

You say "can" make huge amounts of damage. Well tetra DOES make huge amounts of damage, no 2 ways about it. The only advantage I see in tempest/gale is the speed in casting.

Honestly if you were fighting a war would you use a gun that only fires 60% of the time? Just because sometimes when it dose fire it doesn't just kill the person it totally explodes them? (point is over kills are pointless if you cant do it consistently)

No, so why use Tempest/gale when the multiplier is so random. Trust me, use Tetra and you will never ask yourself "I wonder if they will die this time?"

Last edited by Xii; 07-01-2012 at 07:20 PM.

07-01-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

MikaMika will become famous soon enough
IGN: iMrRoboto/Onou/Iluvotar
Class: LWizard/Glad/DWizard
Level: 290/310/231

actually for war gale its way better cuz it may have more aim than tetra and also has you said the dmg its done faster and not to forget that for tetra max dmg you need to hit full 4 hits
and i dont trully know if gale its the higher dmg skill

07-02-2012   #8 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviGod
Is tempest/gale still the highest damaging skill in the game?
Not anymore. It used to be one of the strongest when it used to hit twice. Now it just hits once, effectively cutting it's damage by half of what it used to be.

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

07-02-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Deletris is a jewel in the roughDeletris is a jewel in the roughDeletris is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Alpha/Del/Elven/Lunaeris
Class: Buff/Bun/Kitty/Sheepie to_champion
Level: 400/281/252/217
Guild: Ecks. T.C

Well, for my old gladiator, it was my strongest skill. With a fortune, a lucky blow would do almost 500k critical in PVP. (will scrolls of course) If you're going to PVP and have a good air sword, I would recommend it. Otherwise, go with tetra. If you have mass amounts of air and AP, it wouldn't be a gun that fires 60% of the time. It can easily knock out a team of players as gale is a 5 target AoE. Tetra is not too great in a war seeing as it is only a one target skill.

Last edited by Deletris; 07-02-2012 at 04:01 PM.

10-07-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlineAtlantica OnlineS4 LeagueAion

KadabliuGene is on a distinguished road
IGN: finalGenes
Class: Gladiator
Level: 400
Guild: None

as said, gladiator wind skills "can" have the highest dmg, since its the only random dmg of buff

as experienced myself, its the best skill for pvp, can do pretty good on harkon protector, and as for pvm, only if u can afford an hurricane rapier
for me, cuz of the rapier, i could lvl easy 320-390 on fiesta
im general, is the best skill for me, BUT in currently TO im not using it anymore cuz of the EQs, even a hurricane rapier cant beat a haxxor alti weapons with absurd APs, so even a lightning strike + earthquake can do better(without any att), i rly hope they put stronger wind weapons, and then i can assure you wind skill is the best skill for glads.