ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Power Type

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-16-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

lMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the rough
IGN: lEmmie/lMina(Duelist)
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 22x-20x/24x-2xx
Guild: SilentMoon
Xfire: ??? ._.
Default Which equipment should I get for my Duelist?

Hi hi~ Well I'm confused in what equipment should I get for my duelist. I'm with the Blood Set right now, but I know it won't last forever and even so I would like to get other stuff anyway. But I don't understand equipment...I start searching and reading about it and I just get confused! So I was wondering in what should I get and my questions are:

Should I get a Soki staff and compound it with Soil Attri or an Altiverse equipment? (if the last one, which one?) Or another one?

And for the shield and the hat? I was thinking of Tenter shield, but since the Altiverse equipment came, some ppl said those can be even better than boss equipment (or I read wrong?).

I'm open to any suggestion, and I'm truly sorry that I'm asking this! Makes me feel noobish But I just can't understand equipment, and it is such a simple thing!

Thanks in advance~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-17-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand FantasiaGrand ChaseElsword

LadyLambdadelta has a spectacular aura aboutLadyLambdadelta has a spectacular aura aboutLadyLambdadelta has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LadyxBeato
Class: Duelist to_schoolgirl
Level: 28X

I would say for a weapon go for a high AP base Altiverse sword or a boss unique.
Soki Staff is great for Duelists since it's 4s and you can compound it with Soil attr. Totally boosts the damage for Earthquake Blade which has the best range out of all the attr skills. It's really expensive though so if you can't get your hands on one an Altiverse Flash Bat Sword is a great replacement. If you can get a 800+ AP base and comp with soil attr. you should be set to go Only possible problem is that it's super hard to find a 4s Altiverse so you'll be short one comp. slot if you get Flash Bat instead of Soki.

An Ice Heart Sword would be great too but it might not help your skills very much :/ Since it's water attr. it only boosts Tidal which is pretty difficult to control (unless you practice it a bunch @.@) I personally never use Tidal so it's up to you.

Actually any Altiverse Sword is great. They can all potentially have higher AP base than the boss uniques and it's not hard to find one with 3s. 4s is super rare though...

For Shields any high refined boss shield (Tenter, Odinea or Soki since your lvl 240) would be great. Plus they're all 4s so more HP comp!
Altiverse shields actually are better though IF you can get one with high bases for MD, HP, and DP. The potential DP/MD on altiverse is actually higher than boss uniques plus the 3s Altiverse base HP can make up for missing out on a 4th slot from a boss unique.

For a hat definitely go Altiverse since it beats boss unique hats in every way. Boss unique hats only have 2s and Altiverse can get higher potential DP/MD base. Since you're a Duelist I would also like to recommend getting an Inferno Helm if you would like the extra Fire attr.

Sorry for my super long blocks of text o_o I tend to ramble on a lot...But I hope this helps you understand Altiverse vs. Boss Uniques a little better

Jewelia

Please +rep if I helped!

Creds to Mini for the amazing avi and Rydia for the custom gif

06-17-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

lMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the rough

I don't mind long texts at all! Sometimes they are even better to explain stuff Thanks alot! It really helped me, now let's see if I can get that stuff without giving up :3

Thank you so much <3<3

Edit: One more question! For the Fire Attri wouldn't it be best to have a Cape? Or should I have a AP/HP cape and the Fire Helm? Thanks :3

Last edited by lMina; 06-17-2012 at 11:39 AM.

06-17-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand FantasiaGrand ChaseElsword

LadyLambdadelta has a spectacular aura aboutLadyLambdadelta has a spectacular aura aboutLadyLambdadelta has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LadyxBeato
Class: Duelist to_schoolgirl
Level: 28X

For the Fire attr. it really just depends on how you like to play. I personally like having the extra attr. from using both Inferno Helm AND Inferno Cape so my melee and Inferno Blade get a huge power boost I feel like I get enough DP/HP from my shield and other equips so I can add on that extra attr.
If you like having more survivability then I would say either comp a cape with HP and go with Inferno Helm or get a good DP helm and go with an Inferno Cape.
An AP cape sounds good to if you can get enough attr. from your weapon and you already focused some of your equips for survivability.

Sorry if that sounds confusing. I'll try to explain the bigger picture of all the equips/comps I recommend. (From my personal experience )

Hat - Inferno Helm comped Fire attr.
Weapon - Ice Heart Sword comped Water attr.
Shield- Ice Shield comped HP
Accs- both comped AP
Pet- comped AP
Inner- comped HP
Cape- Inferno Cape comped Fire Attr.
Head/Mask Acc- both comped AP

^These equips personally work out very well for me. If you feel like you can get enough HP/DP from just your shield/inners/accs alone then definitely go for more attr. to boost up your power! And of course the head/mask accs are totally optional. Duelists are plenty strong enough even without the MS accs^^

Jewelia

Please +rep if I helped!

Creds to Mini for the amazing avi and Rydia for the custom gif

06-17-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

I see, thank you very much again~ That will help me alot, thanks <3