ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Power Type

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-01-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Dist is on a distinguished road
Default Bunny help

So I just started a new bunny, but I can't decide on a path to go for a Duelist, despite how far away it being. I am pretty set on duelist since I'm not interested in PvP and the AoE would be nice. I know there are to basic paths to skill up through: the Lacerator -> Tidal Slash and Tempest Strike or the Piercing Wave -> Earthquake Blade and Inferno Blade. Which would be the better general path? I feel like it would be the lacerator path since it would be much easier to get the extra attribute equips without having a whole lot of galders, but I don't really know.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-02-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

Earthquake Blade and Inferno Blade are usually the best because they have a very easy range. From my experience with the other skills, especially Tidal Slash and Lacerator, I feel like you need to have monsters aligned up perfectly or have some good skill in using the skill right. I never chose EQB and IB because of the attributes, I just knew they were easier to use and later on got equips with attributes to aid me.

EQB is a nice starter AoE and it's range is very simple and hits a lot of targets, which is why I love it so much. IB is a little more complicated in the fact enemies generally need to be a little closer to you. Don't let the attributes thing put you off. The AoE will still help you regardless of whether you have the attributes or not. Having attributes added will just make your attacks stronger but it isn't a necessity.

Last edited by Mazuiko; 06-02-2012 at 12:20 AM.

06-02-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Awesome, thanks. How big of an effect does the attribute multiplier add?

06-02-2012   #4 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist
Awesome, thanks. How big of an effect does the attribute multiplier add?
I've never played a power type, but as far as I've seen, the jump is HUGE between no attribute and some partial attribute. Your regular melee/element specific skill will soar in damage.

06-03-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordDream of Mirror OnlineLeague of Legends

Almaeri is a jewel in the roughAlmaeri is a jewel in the roughAlmaeri is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Almaeri
IGN: Almaeri

Having even a tiny bit of elemental attribute helps A LOT. If you're one to smack things around(melee), rather than blow them away with skills, then having elemental equips should definitely be considered.

I, myself, have a level 218 Champion. I'm not a pro at all because I started her back in March, but from how I still play, I still chug around my Golden Lion Shield, comp'd with Dark Attribute.

But because you're a Duelist, elemental attributes will greatly help in increasing your attack power, not only melee-wise but skill-wise as well.

For example;
Earthquake Blade: AP (Magnification% - 60% + (Soil% 2))

As you can see, if you have even 5% soil attribute, your Earthquake Blade will be stronger than someone who has the same stats as you, but has no soil attribute.

But, I never really got too into Duelists honestly (deleted my Duelist right after she hit 3rd), so I highly recommend you to check ggftw's wiki. They have the formulas for all your attacks and such. So you can calculate it from there~

Hope this helped even a little ;o

06-03-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Yeah it did, I really appreciate the help guys.