ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Power Type Guides

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-11-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

Raekuul is on a distinguished road
IGN: KobayashiDaichi
Class: Duke to_teacher
Level: 235 (TM 209)
Guild: Metamorphose
Default Raekuul's DX BUILD GUIDELINES

DX Build Guidelines

By Raekuul (CreepyStalkerBoy on Fantasia)

Okay, so I know that not a lot of people play as a "Pure" DX Build (Or even a DX-Focused one) because it's considered weak in comparison to an AP or AC build. What people fail to realize is that the DX build benefits most from defense-breaking abilities - which not a lot of people remember to use. I know what you're about to ask - why master a Non-Damaging skill when you can do more with a damage skill?

Here's the rub. Compare my Warrior to someone else's Warrior. They hit harder, true - but I'm more than half of their AP and I'm attacking at least twice for each swing they're making. Against enemies like Kaboom and other Kamikaze enemies, every attack counts.

So, as of Level 62, here are my stats:

AP - Lv. 85: 352
AC - Lv. 62: 65
DX - Lv. 98: 2
MP - Lv. 16: 530
MA - Lv. 16: 53
MD - Lv. 16: 50
WT - Lv. 16: 2400
DA - Lv. 17: 4
LK - Lv. 16: 3
HP - Lv. 62: 1950
DP - Lv. 62: 240
HV - Lv. 62: 15

You'll notice that this isn't a pure DX build. While I would like to do a pure DX build at some point, the reality is that a pure DX Buffalo can't deal enough damage even with skills to be anything other than a meat-shield, which is a fail in areas where the enemies have Magic and AoE attacks.

So what can you do with a DX-heavy build? First of all, you're a godsend against Beef Gates, or enemies with high HP, because (like I said before) you're doing so many more attacks than the heavy hitters are that your lack of power is less of a problem... but what if there's a high defense score, too?

The first key to playing a good DX build is to MASTER DEFENSE BREAKING SKILLS AS SOON AS YOU CAN. I cannot stress this enough. These are your bread and butter for dealing with anything that you don't think you're damaging enough to kill before it kills you: because you can't overpower them like an AP build, you need to get around their defenses. The goal is not to deal as much damage as you can in one attack, the goal is to kill it before it kills you. In short, this means to not attempt this build with a Charm- or Magic-type, since they don't have and Defense "Breaking" skills. Once you get to TML 26, you've got enough TM points to master both the pre-requisite and the Defense Breaker.

POWER TYPES get Armor Breaker (30 TML, 2 TM, 2 TM + 2 Turvy Card for Master), while SENSE TYPES get Armor Destructor (40 TML, 2 TM, 2 TM + 2 Koom Card for Master). Armor Breaker is superior in all ways here with a higher reduction - up to 38% of the target's defense score compared to Armor Destructor's 34%. On top of that, Armor Breaker 1 outlasts Armor Destructor Master by 2 seconds.

The second key to playing a good DX build is to WATCH YOUR MP, even more so than regular Power- and Sense-types. Because you're going to be relying on your Defense Breaking skill more than other builds do, this is critical. Don't spend MP if you can kill it quickly enough without the extra power from a damaged defense.

Thirdly, once you can compound for this: GET MANA WEB AND AQUA WEB PROTECTION. The Foo Web skills cut your DX, and without your DX you'll be nothing but a glorified Meat Shield.

So what good is a DX build? I think it's perfect for taking out Mezzers - enemies that use skills that cut your stats. So, for the fourth (and last) key point: LEARN WHICH TARGETS CAUSE YOU AND YOUR PARTY THE MOST TROUBLE. It's not always the enemy that deals the most damage that you need to take out first - although that's usually the case.

My preferred order of targets are:

ANYTHING WITH MANA WEB OR AQUA WEB
Summoners
Anything with Rust or other AP-Reducing Skills
Anything that you defend against using MD
Summons
Anything with an Area of Effect attack
High-DX Enemies

If you're seriously considering a DX-heavy build, I hope that this helps!

Last edited by Raekuul; 05-11-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-11-2010   #2 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

It's a good start but there are some things you may want to change.

1. Usually when giving a build, many players would personally prefer a unequipped stat comparison for specific levels. You can use this stat calculator to determine the values: stat calculator.

2. Armor Breaker is a 1 target cast skill. I don't really like casting debuffs on every monster that you grind on. It just slows everything down completely and wastes your MP.

3. I don't think you can comp Mana Web Protection onto gears right now. We have no skill called Aqua Web to my knowledge.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

05-11-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!
IGN: Mashimoto

I just don't see any use to go DX build these days, eventually power types get to attack around the same high rates @ higher levels. Besides, the trade-off for a DX build means you will have to rely on debuffs and all due to your low attack power. And in later levels of the game you will need all the power and HP you can get. If you are making this to aid those buffalo's DX skills, then I hate to tell you that they are exceptionally not worth going DX build for.

05-11-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

1) I'll take that into consideration, but what do you mean by Un-equipped?
2) *re-reads the tips* Hmm.. I seem to contradict myself on that one. Don't spend the mana if you can beat the monster quickly enough without Defense Breaker is the more powerful guideline for during combat, but you still will need Defense Breaker on your side as soon as possible.
3) Hmm... yes, this is a problem, isn't it? The elemental magic one is water element, it's either called Aqua Web or Water Web. Either way, it's a web and it cuts DX. I hope they make that protection work soon (for obvious reasons), but they may not need to until DX builds become more widespread.

4) You'll notice that I say right after giving CSB's stats that a pure DX build is not really do-able. I discovered that the hard way. You'll also notice that CSB is not a pure-DX build, but rather DX focused with AP support.

05-11-2010   #5 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Unequipped means no gears on at all. It's just your base stat.

I don't think Ntreev will ever implement those protections. Those cards have existed since beta so you should see where this would be going.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

05-11-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster Online

Flowright has a brilliant futureFlowright has a brilliant futureFlowright has a brilliant futureFlowright has a brilliant futureFlowright has a brilliant futureFlowright has a brilliant futureFlowright has a brilliant futureFlowright has a brilliant futureFlowright has a brilliant futureFlowright has a brilliant futureFlowright has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Flowright
IGN: Naian
Class: Witch
Level: 352
Guild: {7N}

I don't see the point wasting points into DX when you can have a good DX at lvl 200 and have enough DX from buffs and fortune, also some equips gives you nice DX.

05-11-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

Some could say that they don't see the point in dumping all their bonuses into any single stat for those same reasons. I would even argue that it would be better for me to focus on DX leveling and save the equipment bonuses for AP and AC, where they would be most helpful.

Here's the thing. Everybody looks down on this build because it's different, and not in a good way. It's a highly experimental build, it's not very common, and it does lack the power that Power types need to be powerful.

Which is why it's important that I see this through to the end. If the experiment is a success, then that means that a DX-focused character is at least something to be considered. If it is a failure, then at least I will have had fun failing.

05-11-2010   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Fourstar is on a distinguished road

As a pure buff, I don't really see a long term advantage of a DX build. Once you gain enough AP + attr % to OHKO the monsters you are training on, it loses its effectiveness fairly quick. Bossing wise, it's a better option to use high damaging skills such as shadow/sonic/gale to kill them faster.

The only boss that I can think of that has to be attribute melee'd to death is soki but then again, you have to prioritize on stunning him as much as you can so he doesn't have a chance to guard break you. Some bosses will start resisting or even absorb some elements once they get to red hp so melee-ing might not be the best idea as most powers uses unique swords comp'd with attr.

Also from what I've read, melee DX caps at -30 so that's something you have to consider if you're going for a pure DX build.

Dungeon Fighter Online
Infinitia 1x Soon-to-be Nen Master

Last edited by Fourstar; 05-11-2010 at 11:30 PM.

05-12-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

kwang123 will become famous soon enoughkwang123 will become famous soon enough
IGN: GarenSan
Class: SheMale to_thiefmaster
Level: RUSHING
Guild: Guildless D=
Xfire: No Time for it

well pure dx buffalo arent that bad
my buf(with atrr weapon/gls dark) lv 138 around -16 dx + guard break+ 20 sec berseker on joseph's(2k+ ma i think) soh which i deal like 3/4 of his soh in 20 sec of berseker

I would advise to go pure dx if u gunna stay/stuck on a certain lv around 130-160

Rebirth
lv 60+ GarenSan Foxy

05-12-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!FoxFX is your worst nightmare!
IGN: Mashimoto

your going to see at later levels that pouring all into DX is going to render you some hard time in both dungeons and PVP (not like Buffalos were ever good in pvp in the first place)

05-12-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

DX isn't capped as of 2008 (I think), but yeah, there is a point where the increase in speed isn't really noticeable anymore.

As I said in the guidelines, I don't think going 100% DX is a good idea. Right now I'm about 60% DX, 40% AP. The biggest drawback to going DX-heavy at all is that it takes 13 levels in it to see a change, which is about 6 1/2 levels if your Power is 40% and you're leveling DX.

Why does everybody assume that I plan on soloing with CSB? My philosophy is to solo only when using a party is too inconvenient. I guess that's why I'm more support minded than other buffs. It's too bad there's no easy Charm-type skill that cuts a target's defense rating, I started a Coon on Jewelia that's 50% MD and 50% DP.

05-17-2010   #12 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN

Everyone assumes you're soloing because there is no traditional killing as a party in Trickster. Everyone is expected to be able to kill by themselves, the environment created by cash shop and the insane boss sets. All a melee type needs is a Tut set comped for elemental attribute and you're basically set. Partying is only used for the experience multiplier.

And you most definitely don't party to kill a boss. Those drops are too far and few (last I checked, I'm sure they still are) to have to decide who gets it in the group.

That's my input, I agree with most everyone else. You get enough base DX to do fine by the higher levels, your guide definitely shows research, but doesn't work with Trickster. I don't think I've ever heard the words 'support' in Trickster well... ever.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589