ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Power Type Guides

Eudemons Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-12-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

DeviGod has a spectacular aura aboutDeviGod has a spectacular aura about
IGN: DeviGod
Class: Mercenary to_mercenary
Level: 271
Guild: Trollers
Default Devi's Mercenary Guide

I decided to make this guide because there hasn't been any recent Mercenary guides and I'm really bored. The skill build/equips are for a well balanced mercenary with good GvG/Bossing capabilities.

Pros:
-TETRA
-Guard
-Extremely useful in GvG
-Good at bossing

Cons:
-No Chi sword :[
-Will be slightly harder to complete later CT tower levels as compared to Glad.(Very minimal)

Basically you're sacrificing Chi Sword for guard/tetra which I believe is well worth it. With mediocre equips you can easily hit 150k upwards with Tetra.

GROWTH

4123: A very well balanced build, a lot of people choose this for the extra weight.
4141: Extremely difficult, glass cannon build. I wouldn't suggest this build unless you have a lot of funding from other characters. It's not very practical end game in my opinion.
4114: Probably the most spartan build. Unless you do 3AP,1WT it's pretty annoying to carry nothing but pots. However, I do suggest you try to do 4114 pure AP. The potions problem can be partially dodged by the potions you get at Fiesta. More on that later.

Important Stats

AP: Determines your attack power, I'd just pump all of my points into AP.
AC: Determines accuracy, most of your equipment will be able to supply you with enough accuracy unless you want to PvP. GvG all hits are basically guaranteed so not very important there. Don't bother pumping any point here.
DX: Determines how fast/the delay of your attacks. I'm not sure if its still capped at a certain number or not but i dont put any points into DX
WT:How much you can carry. Some people who are 4114 may get accesories that add extra weight. At level 240 I could carry around 40 elixirs and 40 gold pearl potions without any weight accessory/points in WT, which is pretty pathetic but I've been able to boss Count/Tenter/Odinea easily without using anywhere near the amount I can carry. The one thing where you will need to invest in a MS pouch is the last few floors for Chaos Tower because of the massive lag and spam attacks.
HP: Health, pretty self explanatory. Don't need to put points into this. Later in the game however you may want to sacrifice AP equipment for HP. More on this later.

SKILLS

This should be the bare minimum skills that you need to have in my opinion, in the order you should get them. This is basically the quickest route to get inferno, earthquake, berserker, guard, and tetra. Which I believe should be the backbone of your merc. and I will also go in depth with the other skill and why I chose to skip some.

Skill name-How high you should level it-TM level required to get it-How much TM it costs

Burning Rave--------Mastered*----TM 20-----13 Points
Pumping Heart------Mastered-----TM 25-----15 points
Bullseye---------------Level 10------TM 10-----11 Points
Berserker-------------Mastered-----TM 70-----15 points
Piercing Wave-------Level 10------TM 85----12 Points
Earthquake Blade--Mastered----TM 115----15 Points
Inferno Blade--------Mastered-----TM 125----15 Points
Quad Punch---------Level 10------TM 135----15 Points
Hyper Beat-----------Level 10-------TM 45----13 Points
Guard------------------Mastered-----TM 160----17 Points
Tetra Punch----------Mastered----TM 170----17 Points

*I forget if mastered burning rave is a pre-req for anything, but I believe you only need it to level 10. I'll explain why later.

These are all possible skills you can get. I've highlighted in red the ones you definitely need, in blue the ones I suggest eventually getting or you may want to play around with, and in green the ones you don't need.

1st Job

Shockwave- The first skill you can basically get, it's slower than burning rave but more powerful. But I like it more because you can add the passive skills Faint+Guard Break to it. These skills will stun your enemy and make them unable to dodge/block if they land. This is extremely useful during bossing.

Bull's Eye - Gives you AC. It's a pretty usefull buff, but I mainly got it because it's a pre-req for some skills. Definitely use it though the extra AC is good.

Shockvibe - Debuffs your enemies accuracy. Not required but I do recommend eventually getting it because I use it whenever I boss.

Sense Breaker - Useless. Debuffs DA.

Luck Breaker - I don't have this skill but that's only cuz Ive wasted some points on others. But this skill is very useful against bosses since it will debuff LK and therefore the accuracy of magic attacks.

Burning Rave - I really liked this skill when I first started, you can spam the crap out of it. But now with elemental attr. swords and the like, you can easily out damage this skill. I honestly havn't used this skill past level 100. However, you still need it because it is a pre-req for many other skills.

Armor Breaker - Don't have it, it decreases DP. I can see this being useful for Bossing but I don't think it's necessary.

Pumping Heart - Increases AP, most useful skill from first job IMO.

Upper Smash - Don't need it, unless you want to get counter punch+upper punch later on.

Tornado Bomb - This skill is horrible. It adds a fixed amount of AP to ur attack.

Hyper Beat - Buffs ur DX so you attack faster. The only reason you NEED it is because you want Guard later on.

2nd Job

Faint - Stuns enemy for a bit, its a passive skill that stacks with shockwave. I'd get it but it's not necessary.

Lacerator - The first AoE you can get, it only hits in a straight line though so it's kind of useless. The only reason you want to get it is for Tidal Slash.

Berserker - ZOMG BERSERKER. Seriously this is going to be one of your best skill. It increases your AP by a ridiculous percentage and you basically sit back and whack the crap out of everything. If you have high elemental attr. you will be killing bosses easily. I beat the last boss of Chaos Tower by myself, with no Guardian, and with only 20 or so HP pots because of this skill.

Piercing Wave - It's somewhat ranged, not very awesome but you need it as a pre-req for inferno and earthquake blade.

Aura of Haste - Don't need. Buffs DX

Tidal Slash - Attacks in a cone shaped formation using the monster you first targeted as a pivot point. Attack is amplidifed by water attr. Kind of hard to control. Ok so some of you are probably wondering why I didn't include Tidal Slash in the bare minimum. Yes, it is pretty strong. Yes there are many water attr. swords including Odinea's Axe. But to be honest you don't need this skill if you have tetra. Tetra easily outpowers this skill and both Earthquake and Inferno are better AoE's. Get this if you want but I don't think it's necessary for a mercenary.

Earthquake Blade - Makes an earthquake. The best AoE you have. Period. This is a killer at Fiesta. I get 1-2 TM levels easily simply because of this. Since Merc's don't have access to the Glad's AoE's you might as well get this and Inferno.

Inferno Blade - Rains swords around monsters. Slightly smaller range than earthquake, but still amazing. Especially if you have Inferno/Fire attr equips. I usually use this skill while Earthquake is cooling down.

Tempest Strike - Skill dependant on Air. This is an interesting skill. I have it just to play around with it. It's an AoE that swings in a circle around you and hits 5 monsters at master. The range is smaller than Inferno. The catch is that the damage is random. With a 104% attrb air sword I did 17k-90k on a torrobie. It has the potential to OHKO in PvP and GvG but it's a gamble. The only reason you would want to use it in GvG/PvP is because it's super quick and accurate. Tetra/Earthquake/Etc are all super slow compared to Magic attacks in GvG/PvP so Tempest can be used to hit them before they cast.

Blazing Strike] - Attacks multiple times depedning on DX. I don't have it. And I'm not sure if DX is still capped yet but there are better skills.

3rd Job

Dash - Sprints really fast. I have this skill but I don't really think it's all that useful. I do use it in GvG sometimes because it confuses people.

Upper Cut - Punches someone. It's pretty strong since it multiplies your AP. I personally don't have it so I can't say much but I heard it's useful especially with counter punch.

Guard Break - Passive skill that gives Shockwave a chance of making your opponent incapable of dodging/blocking. You don't need it but I like to have it for bossing. Since I often use the Shockvibe-Shockwave/Guard Break/Faint-Berserker combo.

Quad Punch - Pre-req for Tetra Punch. I didn't use it really.

Desperate Rally - It buffs your AP by a percentage when your HP falls below 20%. Auto-cancels if your HP is above 20%. While I like the idea of it I don't see how it can be useful since you have to manually use the skill instead of it being passive. If my HP were 20k, then I can only activate it at 5k, and why activate it at all if I could use that moment to spam pots? And if a monster/person is able to get me to 5k that easily, why would I risk death for a 36% AP increase? Anyways I don't have it and havn't used it so I would like to hear from anyone else about this skill.

Counter Punch - Boosts your uppercuts damage

Eagle Eye - Boosts your AC. I personally have this skill because the added AC is definitely noticeable.

Tetra Punch - Holy. Freaking. Crap. This is the reason you're a Mercenary. You punch four times, each punch doing twice the damage as the previous punch. To put this in perspectives I have about 7k-8k AP which is pretty mediocre and I can hit 250k. Elemental attr does not factor in however but that doesn't stop this skill from being OP.

Guard - The other reason why you're a mercenary. It blocks 5 hits. Any skill/attack(EXCEPT MAGIC) will be blocked. While 5 hits may seem like nothing, in PvP/GvG where everything is a OHKO fest, it's like having five lives. With Tetra and Guard you will be able to have an advantage over everything except magic in GvG.

LEVELING

You have a lot of options here and I'm a little too lazy to get into detail xD but basically Key Quest, Episode Quests, Party Quests will all get you through for the most part.

TM LEVELING

TM is extremely important, so these are the methods I took to bump up my TM.

Monkey T's Request - Extremely tedious since you basically have to whack monsters and get 250 grasses from each area. The TM is pretty good though. Here are the list of available quests. Monkey T's Requests - ggFTW Trickster Wiki

Daily Quests - You can do these once per day. Really easy to do since the monsters are easy to find and you only need to collect like two items a day from each area. NPC's Daily Quests - ggFTW Trickster Wiki

Julio's Storage Request - Also a daily quest. Keep an eye out for these items when you are doing Key Quests, I believe all of them are drilled. Basically what you want to do is collect 100 of the items and turn them all in. The TM exp is amazing though you can easily get 1-2TM levels per quest. If your character is funded, you can buy these items too. Category:Storage Quest - ggFTW Trickster Wiki

Card Quest - 1 time quests, basically you find the card she asks for and she gives you TM. These are the list of cards you should keep as well as the card girl quests. Card Quest & Skill Mastery Items List - ggFTW Trickster Wiki

Fiesta - I love this event! Basically look out for Fiesta tickets when you drill, Fiesta happens every two hours and it will be announced on the game. You double click the ticket to enter the fiesta area. The area you enter is specific to your level range. You have 20 minutes to kill as many monsters as you can, these mobs give insane amounts of exp/tm and drop Fiesta Marbles. Basically spam earthquake and inferno blade. Get your AP to a point where you can ohko them with this skill, this way you won't have to carry HP pots. PICK UP THESE MARBLES. You can exchange them in the waiting area for these lame equips and this lame train pet but that's not what you want. Instead exchange 5 marbles for 1 box. This box gives items like myshop drills,myshop potions, and maybe a sludgling pet. The potions are weight savers since they only weight 1 and the drills are the best in the game.

Drilling - You get TM from drilling. This may suck at first but this is the method I used: Get a Speed Drill 180 from the fiesta box. It is really good since it's signifganlt faster than the other drills. Invest in some DA equipments. I have a altiverse flashbat that also serves as a good drilling tool since it has DA. If you get 90 DA you will basically know 100% whether the spot you are drilling has an item or not. Then go to Techi and Tap and drill like crazy for TM and items that you can sell.

Last edited by DeviGod; 07-14-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-12-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

--------------Reserved--------------------

07-12-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Also reserved since Im too lazy right now

07-12-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Annnnd one more just in case.

07-13-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

I don't get the point of your post. I saw Gaap's guide, it's pretty brilliant and I do not mean to "compete with it" because making guides isn't a competition O_o. If anything my guide is a supplement because I chose to address other topics such as TM leveling while stayin relevant. I just made a guide because I thought it would be fun and I was bored.

07-13-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Dead FrontierDiablo IIITalesweaver

clearskies is on a distinguished road

I love more guides. i read all guides and take information from all of them. keep making this guide DeviGod!

LaTale [OGP] - inactive
IGN: Teee 11x Guardian
Tourretes 15x EngiStar
i1upyou 18x Strider
Feel free to add me if you want a chatting buddy.

07-13-2012   #7 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

It is nice to see a guide from the opposite perspective to a duelist. The TM guide is nice.
Redundant?
No, a few guides on the same/ similar topics is good. It adds a few people's opinions and allows people to choose which guide to follow.

Uhmm can you please do something about the lime green? It is not easy to read. Maybe I just have something against the colour haha.

07-13-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Fixed the green and thanks for the support ^^ I'll be updating it every now and then as I find time

07-14-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

There are no "best" guides just like there are no "best" characters. Just different ways of playing and rationale in my opinion.