ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Power Type Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-17-2012   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Xii is a jewel in the roughXii is a jewel in the roughXii is a jewel in the rough
Default 2012 Gladiator guide (in the making)

I WILL GET THIS GUIDE FINISHED AS SOON AS I CAN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE =D

Thanks Rydia for the gif =D

Welcome and thanks for reading! To start with this is my first guide EVAR so please be kind with your criticism. Having said that I do encourage your feedback and if there's something wrong/missing/whatever please let me know and ill look into it.

This guide is for Gladiators only. I will be making recommendations based on my experiences playing a Gladiator. While my recommendations will be what I feel are the "best" options they are NOT the only successful way to build your character.

I don't recommend gladiators for PvP or GvG and for that reason this guide will be focusing on PvM and bossing. Gladiators are very beginner friendly in my opinion, the main obstacle will be getting gear for your character. You will however face that problem no matter what class you play so don't be discouraged if this is your first character.

*Please do not claim my work as your own (in part of in full). You may do whatever you like with this guide as long as you credit me as the creator.*

Last edited by Xii; 07-11-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-17-2012   #2 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Xii is a jewel in the roughXii is a jewel in the roughXii is a jewel in the rough

Introduction to the Gladiator

Stats and Build

Skills

Bossing and Gearing

Last edited by Xii; 06-18-2012 at 01:27 AM.

06-17-2012   #3 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Before you log in, create a Buffalo and start to bash Torobbies let me first give you a run-down of the class so you can have an idea what its strengths and weaknesses are.

In Trickster certain equipment can be compounded with an elemental attribute, (Dark, Wind, Fire, ECT) these attributes are a Gladiators best friend as they have a huge effect on the power of your melee damage. While Gladiators are not this only class to utilize these elemental attributes, they are the class who can most effectively take advantage of them. What sets the Gladiator apart from other melee classes is their ability to melee from a distance with a skill they gain late in their 3rd job called Chi Sword.

Gladiators also get a Berserker skill (during 2nd job) where the computer controls you character and unleashes a chain of melee attacks on anything within range. During this Berserk period you can’t move around or use any skills but your melee damage is doubled making this skill very useful when taking on a boss or some other formidable foe.

To top it all off Gladiators come equipped with an arsenal of elemental AoE’s that are also boosted by elemental attribute. With the right skills and gear a Gladiators can be a very versatile Torobbie punisher.

However like any character they do have their flaws. Other than the ugly bandanna that you are forced to wear until 2nd job the main disadvantage Gladiators face is the lack of any defensive skills. While a good shield can easily compensate for this in PvM it does make Gladiators an easy target in PvP. If your only desire is to be feared in PvP then a Gladiator is probably not for you.

Back to Table of Contents

Last edited by Xii; 07-12-2012 at 03:43 AM.

06-17-2012   #4 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

STATS

In Trickster Online, your character has 12 stats which are split into 4 different groups, the stats used by you the most will depend on the type of character you play and your personal playing style.
(Each stat will have a rating out of 5 next to it. 5 being essential 1 being useless)

Power
5AP: Attack power, increases the damage of you attacking skills and melee attacks. Needless to say you will want to stack a lot of this.
4AC: Accuracy makes you less likely to miss, you shouldn't have a problem getting enough AC as it will come on a lot of the equipment you wear.
3DX: "Delay" the lower this stat is the faster your melee attacks will be. It does also affect the damage of Blazing Strike and Shadow but I find it unlikely that these skills will feature in your regular rotation enough to warrant stacking extra DX on your "general purpose gear".

Magic
2MP: Magic points, determines how many skills you can use before you have to drink a potion.
1MA: Magic attack, 100% useless to Gladiators.
2MD: Magic defence, very rarely do you need a lot of this.

Sense
4WT: Weight; more weight means you can hold more items. In Trickster Online, there are a lot of heavy items that come at the end of the game.
1DA: This stat helps with drilling and synthesis (works ONLY when compounding with Paul, NOT Nate). This stat reaches its full potential when DA=90, so if you plan to make a DA set for drilling, don't spend too much galder on it.
3LK: Luck determines your crit rate, block rate and it also has an effect on Maturing compound. It doesn't take a lot of this stat to crit @ 90% with your melee attacks so don’t worry about compounding for LK.

Charm
5HP:Health points, you generally can’t survive with just the HP from your build so you will either have to have 1-2 pieces of gear with HP compounded on it or have a lot of HP based gears.
4DP: Defence, a few people underestimate this stat but I find it to be very important, especially after Ghost Blue. If your DP is low, you'll get hit harder, meaning that you'll burn HP pots faster. This makes training less efficient, unless you can get a weight pouch from Myshop to hold a ton of pots. I probably wouldn't compound gear for DP but I would invest in a good shield to make your life easier.
3HV:Evasion, once again you don't need a lot of this to dodge at 90% or more so don’t go out of your way to stack this stat.

BUILDS

Your build graph determines the natural growth of the 4 stat groups mentioned above, so it's important to get it right in order to get the most out of your character. It's often referred to as a 4 digit number, for example, 4114. This indicates the amount of build points invested in each corresponding stat group. It is always read in this order: Power, Magic, Sense, and Charm. The build 4114 refers to having a 4 in Power, a 1 in Magic, a 1 in Sense, and a 4 in Charm. You have 10 build points in total where you must have at least 1 point in ever stat group. Being a Power-type class, you automatically get 4 irremovable points in the Power stat. With the Power type comfortably maxed at 4 build points and the Magic type being next to useless for Gladiators, the only other areas that we should consider putting any build points into are Charm and Sense.

You also get 4 bonus points with every level that can be allocated into any stat you choose. The best stat and the most ideal is putting all 4 of your bonus points into AP, however a hybrid of AP/WT can also work.

4114 Pure AP (the ideal build)

This would be the only build for Gladiators, however the weight problems with this build often drive people to go 4123. If you are willing to invest in a time-limited Myshop weight pouch then 4114 pure AP is the way to go. If not, you'll have to make extra sacrifices for your weight, such as carrying almost nothing but your equipment and needed quest items to make room for HP and MP pots.

4114 Hybrid AP/WT

With this build you are making a small sacrifice to AP in order to gain a nice weight boost while maintaining high defence. It’s suggested that you go 75% AP and 25% WT with your bonus points, this gives you the same amount of weight as a 4123 build with a minimal impact on your AP.

At level 200 this build has 1410 base AP while the other 2 suggested builds have 1610 AP. At level 210 I have 10.2k AP unbuffed with only semi-hax gear. Therefore, a loss of 200 AP will hardly be missed. Your weight however goes from 4140 up to 7080 making a huge difference when it comes to holding potions and quest items.

**While 3 points AP and 1 point WT each level is probably the easiest way to keep track of it all, there is no wrong way to split your build as long as you don’t go overboard on WT. If you want to go 30 levels AP then 10 levels WT or half AP/WT for 100 levels then pure AP from then on it doesn't matter just do it however you feel comfortable**

4123 Pure AP

This build makes a larger sacrifice than the build above to gain the same amount of weight. It does, however, also gain a little extra LK, but I wouldn't let LK be the deciding factor when choosing your build.

At level 200 this build has 4590 HP, 592 DP and 37 HV compared to 6090 HP, 792 DP and 49 HV that the other 2 builds have. That’s 1.5k HP 200 DP and 12 HV lower in order push LK from 12 up to 24 and weight from 4140 up to 7140. It all comes down to what you are more willing to sacrafice for the extra WT, a small amount of AP in the build above or some HP,DP and HV in this build.

To be fair, this is the build I have on my Gladiator and the loss in defense hasn't worried me since I gave up my GLS and started using a Blood shield. The majority of your stats come from you equipment rather than your build, so while this build does suffer a 25% reduction to its base defensive stats, it isn't a huge set back.

Last edited by Xii; 07-12-2012 at 06:17 AM.

06-17-2012   #5 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

So you already know about your base level that determines your stats and what equipment/quests are available to you. You also have a TM level which gives you skill points, these skill points are needed in order to learn, grow and master your skills.

There are 4 types of skills; attacks, augments, buffs and de-buffs.

Attacks inflict damage to a target based on your stats; attack skills can have other effects like striking an area rather than a single target or striking a target from afar.
Buffs are targeted on yourself to increase a stat for a limited time, some buffs can also effect your party members.
De-buffs are targeted to your opponent decrease a stat for a limited time.
Augments differ from buffs and de-buffs because they don't affect stats, rather they affect a "state" of yourself or your opponent.

**To make it easier to manage the videos I grouped like skills together, If you find yourself wondering which skill was which they are always used in the same order as the title.**

ATTACKS

To tidy this post up, I have moved into this spoiler any attack skills that I find to be useless. Some of these will be learned as prerequisites and you might use them early in the game, but come end of game these will most likely be the skills that you'll never use.
Spoiler!

Tidal Slash and Sonic Slash
These two skills have medium range and great damage. They can hit multiple targets with a cone shaped wave being launched out of the back of the targeted monster, however it's not very practical to use these as mobbing skills. The damage is affected by both AP and Water attribute. I did a damage test on Torobbies with 8.5k AP and 265% Water attribute, with these numbers I crit for 135k with Tidal and 176k with Sonic. With the same amount of AP but no Water they crit 48k and 54k respectively, this confirms that Water Attribute is the largest contributing factor to the damage of this skill. Considering these skills are already strong without Water attribute, I would recommend them to anyone with Water equips who wants a high damaging skill.
Sonic Slash and Tidal Slash - YouTube

Piercing Wave
Piercing Wave is a very helpful skill, it has good damage and great range. Learn and level up this skill ASAP as it is also a prerequisite for Earthquake Blade, Inferno Blade and Chi Sword.
Lacerator and Piercing Wave - YouTube

Earthquakeblade
This skill is amazing, the area is huge and it hits 5 targets at Master level. Earth attribute effects the damage which makes it hard to let go of your GS, (if you have one) but even without earth attribute the damage is still nice.
Earthquake and Inferno Blade - YouTube

Inferno Blade
This is Earthquake Blades partner in crime. The range on this one is a bit shorter so its mostly used when Earthquake is on cool down or just after Earthquake if it doesn't OHKO. Inferno Blade is effected by Fire attribute, the damage of these two without and attribute is very similar, however Earthquake Blade benefits more form attribute then Inferno does.
Earthquake and Inferno Blade - YouTube

Blazing Strike
A unique skill in the sense that the damage is based on both AP and DX. Its like a dash attack that hits any enemies that are standing near your target. It does better damage than Earthquake and Inferno with out any attribute but is a little more awkward to use effectively. Its Also a prerequisite for Shadow.
Blazing Strike - YouTube

Shadow
Shadow is also based on AP and DX, it does great single target damage. In saying that it still doesn't compare to stacking attribute and Berserking but it would make a fesable substitute.
Shadow - YouTube

AUGMENTS

Spoiler!

Berserker
Now we're getting serious, this skill + some Elemental Attribute will make light work of any Boss. Basically when you use this skill you will loose control of your character and the computer will take over, it will continue to kill anything that comes near you. The best thing about this skill is your AP is increased by a LOT, more than double at master level.

Chi Sword
Chi-sword is the reason we choose to be Gladiators. When active you are able to melee from a distance which saves you time on running between monsters and makes your berserk more efficient. Once you get this skill questing, hunting and training all become very easy.
Chi Sword - YouTube

BUFFS

The main time to use Buffs is when fighting a boss, also use Pumping heart when you cant quite OHKO a monster. Other than that they are mostly just prerequisites.
Spoiler!

DE-BUFFS

De-buffs are often considered to be fairly useless. For the most part they are, however they can be quite effective in PvP if your reducing a stat that affects your opponents damage or accuracy. My favourite however is LK breaker as its very useful on bosses (see below).
Spoiler!

This should be the backbone of your skill build
Spoiler!

Last edited by Xii; 07-26-2012 at 01:50 AM.

06-17-2012   #6 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Last edited by Xii; 06-17-2012 at 01:48 AM.

06-17-2012   #7 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

[Just in case]

Last edited by Xii; 07-12-2012 at 05:12 AM.

06-17-2012   #8 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

[one for the road]

06-17-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Ellerd will become famous soon enough

OMG A GLADIATOR GUIDE! FINALLY IN THIS WORLD !! Thank you gosh and thank you person who made this guide !

06-17-2012   #10 (permalink)
Playing Finalfantasy XIV
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Facebook Fan

kite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to kite384
IGN: ShugoKunisaki/kitekite
Class: Edgar/Tude to_buffalo
Level: 43/32
Guild: [[MoonlightC]]

Gladiators FTW =D
they are really good in Shadow Harkon Protection ((:

06-18-2012   #11 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Haha dont thank me yet, it may not be finished for a while.

06-28-2012   #12 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Only 2 sections to go!

Could i ask some one to do a proof read of what i have done so far and point out any spellling/grammer errors as this is not my strong point?

I would be very grateful and will +Rep and give a special thanks to you in the guide.

06-28-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordDream of Mirror OnlineLeague of Legends

Almaeri is a jewel in the roughAlmaeri is a jewel in the roughAlmaeri is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Almaeri
IGN: Almaeri

Oh my gahd, a new buff guide~!
Read through most of it, and found these mistakes. I'm not an English major and honestly, I suck at editing any sort of document. So if my suggestions need correcting please feel free to do so~
If it's bold, its where I believe the error is.

I only really edited the Stats and Build section, btw.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

lol, okay... I started to forget to bold where I thought was a mistake. Got lazy and tired e-e;;

Hopefully this'll help you and future beefs out there.

Quote:
Other than the ugly bandanna that you are forced to wear until 2nd job
I chuckled after reading this, because it's painfully true. 1st job buffs look so awks with that bandanna on.

+rep'd

06-28-2012   #14 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

=D
Thank you so much! I couldnt stand to read through it again after writing,editing, changing my mind and re writing it so much haha

+Rep
Is "Wynning" the right name to use in the thanks, or would you like me to write the thanks to another name?

06-28-2012   #15 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Quote:
And in my own opinion, NEVER compound equips for DP. Totally unnecessary. Just find a good shield (such as a good Altiverse) and refine it as much as you can.
The only reason i didnt write "NEVER" is beacuse i know there are attribute freaks out there who wont let go of their GLS. For these people compounding some DP wouldn't be such a bad idea to prevent getting OHKOd lol :P

06-28-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordDream of Mirror OnlineLeague of Legends

Almaeri is a jewel in the roughAlmaeri is a jewel in the roughAlmaeri is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Almaeri
IGN: Almaeri

Yep, you can use "Wynning" for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xii
The only reason i didnt write "NEVER" is beacuse i know there are attribute freaks out there who wont let go of their GLS. For these people compounding some DP wouldn't be such a bad idea to prevent getting OHKOd lol :P
<v<;;; I still chug around my GLS, tbh;; But I get around fine really xD;

But as I said earlier, awesome guide. Can't wait to see the finished project.

06-28-2012   #17 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Really nice to see a guide
Shall follow when I bother to make myself a buffalo.

Anyhow can I suggest something?
It wouls be nice to have a description about what each skill does.
And also, an ongoing tally of how many skill points used.

Love the font in the heading and the pictures c:
I really love how you rate each stat for its usefulness.

06-29-2012   #18 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEl
Really nice to see a guide
Shall follow when I bother to make myself a buffalo.

Anyhow can I suggest something?
It wouls be nice to have a description about what each skill does.
And also, an ongoing tally of how many skill points used.

Love the font in the heading and the pictures c:
I really love how you rate each stat for its usefulness.
Thanks! im glad people like this guide.

I will be adding skill descriptions along with short videos when i get back to my normal computer. I know i should have probably finished the whole guide before posting it, but i find it easier to work on it here rather then in MS Word so i can acttually preview how it will look :P

06-30-2012   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Pandorina is on a distinguished road
IGN: Pandorina | Cosmarion
Class: Sheepeh to_soulmaster
Level: 2xx | 19x
Guild: Koala Kingdom

Ahhhh, finally a recent buff guide! Oh yoosh, thank you so much for making this!
Looking forward to see its development!

06-30-2012   #20 (permalink)
Xii
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Should have the skills section finished by the end of this week.