LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-19-2009   #81 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineMabinogiVindictus

Toribear has disabled reputation

i win .

now i'm training my pokemon xD

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-19-2009   #82 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Be sure to pick up a Regigigas from the Toys R' Us event. It's level 100 and by having a Regigigas you will be able to capture Regice, Regirock, and Registeel at lvl 30 in Platinum.

03-19-2009   #83 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Raukue will become famous soon enough
IGN: Satsuyo
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 14x/21x
Guild: «Firefly»
Xfire: Raukue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis
Be sure to pick up a Regigigas from the Toys R' Us event. It's level 100 and by having a Regigigas you will be able to capture Regice, Regirock, and Registeel at lvl 30 in Platinum.
So I read... geez, they keep these event pokemon so hush hush. Gotta keep an eye on sites like Serebii to even know about them. But this is my first time hearing of it, and to hear of it when it is almost over by this Saturday.

Anyway since I don't own D/P which is the only way to get it, then to trade to Pt... I have to ask a friend and see if he can get it so I can have it once I get Pt.

I preordered Platinum and the guide. Will be getting em by Thurs. or Friday of next week though, if the estimated time is correct. If not, might have to wait till the week after that. I know it sucks, to pre-order online like that, I have never online shopped much but wanted to for this, mostly because I save around $7-10 by doing it this way. Plus saves my parents the trouble of going to the store. I just know if I asked to go get it with them, they would say wait till Thursday or Friday when they have off and get their paycheck. So either way...

Ah well... still about 1 more week till I play Platinum, which will be my first since I skipped D/P. Just gotta wait patiently...

03-19-2009   #84 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis
Ah damn

Anyone willing to help me get one?

Or able to trust me by sending their's over for me to duplicate?

Btw, i got the official Nintendo Platinum guide. 700+ pages thick.

And all in Jap.

03-19-2009   #85 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Lol.
Probably will be even more when it gets to America. But maybe not, there is a lot more space between letters when things are typed in Jap. (or so I've noticed)...

03-19-2009   #86 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
Lol.
Probably will be even more when it gets to America. But maybe not, there is a lot more space between letters when things are typed in Jap. (or so I've noticed)...
Hah, but the best of all...

ITS NOT A PRIMA GUIDE.

Which is why I love my guide book.

03-19-2009   #87 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicta™
Hah, but the best of all...

ITS NOT A PRIMA GUIDE.

Which is why I love my guide book.
Reading reviews about Prima and Nintendo with Pokemon D/P, Prima did a better job, on their 2nd version anyway.

Video Game Strategy Guides. Video Game Cheats, Cheat Codes, Strategies, Guides, and Walkthroughs. – Prima Games

You can check the preview of it on their site, it's the last one on the bottom. Looks nice. As for the review from someone who has done both...

Amazon.com: GrayD "GrayD"'s review of Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Pokedex: Prima Off...

I hate to feel bad about getting a guide or anything else like that. I have a Nintendo guide for Fire Red and a Prima for Ruby. Now it seems Prima had been lazy with pokemon, but since D/P it seems they have stepped up their game.

Nintendo's D/P Guide: 176 pages
Prima's D/P Guide v1: 296 pages
Prima's D/P Guide v2: 456 pages
Prima's Platinum Guide: 624 pages

Anyway that seems the outlook of it there, Prima has been made better with the guide. I hope so anyway. If it looks anything like the preview on their site of D/P, only that they made it maybe look better, then that would be awesome.

03-20-2009   #88 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

I would so want to be able to get both Dialga and Palkia.

03-20-2009   #89 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploda
I would so want to be able to get both Dialga and Palkia.
In addition, the 3 legendary birds too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

On another piece of interesting news,

Quote:
Today Tracey and I opened our early copies of “Pokemon Platinum” and found the pamphlets shown above, our eyes being caught by the “Pokemon News Flash” alert. Inside the pamphlet is yet another daunting, detailed element of Pokemon lore: in this case detailed instructions about how to transform the Pokemon called Rotom. As if it’s a big deal, the pamphlet indicates: “Rotom changes form in Pokemon Platinum Version!”

Ah, but to make this important transformation occurs, “Platinum” players need to got their DS online, answer some opinion questions (Nintendo helpfully provides the answers) and then do other stuff. And/or you can go to PokemonPlatinum.com/Rotom, which isn’t live yet, and punch in one of five codes. My pamphlet, which seemed designed to turn Rotom into a lawnmower, included the code 7W6O3M5. Tracey’s pamphlet involves turning Rotom into a dishwasher and offers a different code. The pamphlet exhorts players to “talk to your friends to find all 5!”
Quote:
The alternate forms of Rotom are as follows:
* Cut Rotom is now known as Mow Rotom
* Spin Rotom is now known as Fan Rotom
* Frost Rotom keeps the same name in the US as Japan
* Heat Rotom keeps the same name in the US as Japan
* Wash Rotom keeps the same name in the US as Japan

Enclosed in copies of Platinum is a Rotom Pamphlet with a Rotom Code. Players are instructed to visit PokemonPlatinum.com/Rotom, which isn’t available yet and enter in one of five Rotom codes. The pamphlet instructs players to “talk to your friends to find all 5!”.

The Mow Rotom code is: 7W6O3M5
The Heat Rotom code is: T8A6EH7

03-20-2009   #90 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I lol'd at lawnmower and washing machine. Somehow, that isn't as appealing as a legendary bird.

03-20-2009   #91 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

so I played platinum
is it just me, or are the trainers more harder than usual ;_;

03-20-2009   #92 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

I got to get the ROM. Anyone know if theres any huge changes?

EDIT: Got it. Same maps...I was hoping for a scenery change. D=

Last edited by Mysteria; 03-20-2009 at 12:15 PM.

03-20-2009   #93 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

I really hate cheats. I mean really. Ones that are for fun like an alternate look or levitation is fine. But ones that just take away everything and all... just don't like it. Yet I see some of you have no shame in saying you get the ROM and then using Pokesav or something.

Yes I understand the whole taking away all that time and work but still, it's cheating. Thing with cheats make me feel like "why should I even bother? I am doing all this work when there are those cheating doing the same without all the time spent" and I just don't feel like playing that way...

If I were to cheat, then sure all the work is out of the way, but then it feels boring and too easy and then I just don't want to play then either. So either way there is something to feel bad about to me.

It's just so discouraging...

03-20-2009   #94 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raukue
I really hate cheats. I mean really. Ones that are for fun like an alternate look or levitation is fine. But ones that just take away everything and all... just don't like it. Yet I see some of you have no shame in saying you get the ROM and then using Pokesav or something.

Yes I understand the whole taking away all that time and work but still, it's cheating. Thing with cheats make me feel like "why should I even bother? I am doing all this work when there are those cheating doing the same without all the time spent" and I just don't feel like playing that way...

If I were to cheat, then sure all the work is out of the way, but then it feels boring and too easy and then I just don't want to play then either. So either way there is something to feel bad about to me.

It's just so discouraging...
Take it to rant, then. Though I gotta say that that is really sad if you're discouraged about Pokemon.

03-20-2009   #95 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

Just finished all 8 Gyms. Im just plowing through the game so I can get to the "supposed" battle frontier

03-20-2009   #96 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria
Just finished all 8 Gyms. Im just plowing through the game so I can get to the "supposed" battle frontier
My gawd, that's horribly fast.

How's the game so far?

03-20-2009   #97 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

*sigh* one more day till I get it.

03-21-2009   #98 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

More details about the Rotom codes

Quote:
Inside the box, there is a pamphlet with details about ONE ROTOM FORM. In this case, we have the "Heat Rotom". Each person who purchases Pokémon Platinum will receive one of 5 pamphlets featuring one of the Rotom forms. Each of these 5 pamphlets has a link to www.PokemonPlatinum.com/Rotom/ with a secret code that you can enter in order to receive a cool gift (probably a wallpaper). There are a total of 5 codes, each for their respective Rotom form. In our case, we have the code T8A6EH7. Although we have the code, we cannot enter it yet because the link is currently not up. It will most likely be up by Saturday or Sunday, so check back for more on that.

The Rotom sheets also highlight how to unlock Mystery Gift and how to use the Secret Key in order to change Rotom's forms. Other than the Rotom booklet, there isn't anything else interesting.

UPDATE:
Heat Rotom: T8A6EH7 [TEAH -> HEAT]
Wash Rotom: H8S3A5W [HSAW -> WASH]
Frost Rotom: 6TS8ORF [STORF -> FROST]
Fan Rotom: 9N4A4F8 [NAF -> FAN]
Mow Rotom: 7W6O3M5 [WOM -> MOW]

Thank you to Filb.de for supplying all the codes and to Zowayix for discovering that the names of each form is spelled backwards in the code.

http://db.pokesav.org/main/?q=03-19-...tinum-Unboxing
Additional useful information:
Quote:
In Pokémon Platinum it's possible to unlock additional secret Box Wallpapers using certain words (like in Pokémon D/P and Pokémon Emerald before).

You will find a TV producer on the 3rd floor at the TV station who asks for your opinion and impressions on TV. Your answer is composed of four words. On a certain combination of words, a secret wallpaper will be unlocked.

This site will generate these words for you. You just need to enter your Trainer ID which can be found on your Trainer Card

www.filb.de/games/nds/pt/box

03-21-2009   #99 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Details of the Platinum Version English guide:

EXCLUSIVE: Pokémon Platinum Official Guide | The PKM Database

03-21-2009   #100 (permalink)
Pixellated Yeti Goodness.
Special

Dook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really nice
IGN: Dookoon/Dashyat
Class: Mighty Ferret Militia
Level: Low
Guild: Noobs Club

orz no news as to when Australia will get this. Wiki says it will be released in EU in May 22 >_< I hope Australia will get it earlier. I HAB NO R4 or whatever.

Last edited by Dook; 03-22-2009 at 12:00 AM.