MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion > Pokemon

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-27-2010   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki
Default ITT: Pokemon Challenges

Stealing this list that I found while lurking Google.

Quote:
These challenges are for any of the Pokemon games.

Nuzlocke Challenge -
The Nuzlocke Challenge is a challenge where you must release your Pokemon if they faint in battle. Also, you can only catch the first Pokemon you find on a Route. If all of your Pokemon must be released, you have to restart your game.

Monotype Challenge -
The Monotype Challenge is where you try to beat the whole game with a certain type of Pokemon and no other types are allowed!

Monocolor Challenge -
The Monocolor Challenge is where you only have a team of the same color. Shiny Pokemon do not count. Example: If you have a Shiny Scizor, it will still be treated as a red Pokemon instead of a green one.

Solo Run Challenge -
The Solo Run Challenge is where you beat the entire game with one Pokemon (HM Pokemon don't count). You can evolve this Pokemon if you want to.

All of these Challenges are good for any game!
I wanted to do some challenge runs through the various Pokemon gens (especially the Nuzlocke Challenge). Do you have any other suggestions for Pokemon challenges? List them here for future reference for me and any other runners.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-27-2010   #2 (permalink)
案山子
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseLa TaleMapleStory

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Virus
IGN: Takkuri
Class: Cyber Hunter to_lion
Level: 27x
Guild: Style

I've done the Solo Run Challenge when I was little and played Crystal. Beat the whole game with Typhlosion.

I'm interested in that Nuzlocke Challenge, but I have a question for it:
Are you allowed to replace the released Pokemon? Such as, one of my Pokes faints in battle, after the battle I release it, and next Pokemon I see I'm allowed to catch it to replace what I lost?

10-27-2010   #3 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of

That's not allowed. You can read more about it here.

Oh yeah, and a couple of other challenge conditions that I found that weren't mentioned.
Obviously, some of these aren't as difficult as others:

No PokeCenter Challenge -
You may not heal your Pokemon using the PokeCenter.

No Healing Challenge -
You may not heal your Pokemon using the PokeCenter or healing items.

No Evolution Challenge -
You may not evolve any of your Pokemon.

No TM Challenge -
You may not teach your Pokemon moves with TMs.

Last edited by Adun; 10-27-2010 at 02:02 PM.

10-27-2010   #4 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

I've completed a few of these.

No Evolutions: Pokemon Red and Yellow
Monopokemon: Silver
Monotype: Crystal

I want to try that Nuzlocke Challenge... seems interesting... I gotta find some game i can reset though :/

EDIT: Going to attempt a Nuzlocke Challenge on Pokemon Sapphire.
Challenges in place:
Fainted poke get released
Can only capture 1st poke you see per area (even if its repeat)
No Hold Items
No Legendaries
No Daycare
No trading
No saving to redo anything
White/Black out means complete restart of game

Last edited by Fuzzy; 10-28-2010 at 04:10 PM.

10-27-2010   #5 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

i've done the solo run challenge recently on pokemon white

though when the US version comes out i want to try a Nuzlocke challenge

10-27-2010   #6 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun
That's not allowed.
Yes it is actually. As long as no pokemon was previously encountered in the route/cave he goes to next. Nowhere in the Nuzlocke rules does it say you can not rebuild your team after a death of one in your team. As long as at least ONE pokemon survived there is nothing wrong with rebuilding.

Also:

Last edited by Metty; 10-27-2010 at 05:54 PM.

10-27-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Grand ChaseLa TaleTrickster OnlineMapleStory

Hykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hykari Send a message via AIM to Hykari Send a message via Yahoo to Hykari Send a message via Skype™ to Hykari
IGN: NeoConcept
Class: Elite to_dragon
Level: 113
Guild: Reignbow

I actually just use the starter pokemon and his level-up moves without any items to beat the majority of pokemon games. However, I do use pokemon centers and HMs, but that's just about it (I pick up the status healers, TMs, and rare candies, but I seldomly use any of it). The only TMs I usually use are the ones that can be gotten multiple times (like Ice Beam/Fire Blast/etc.), while I don't touch those that can only be used once (like Earthquake/Aerial Ace/Overheat/etc.). Shouldn't be too hard to withold using TMs though, since I rarely teach the starter pokemon those (besides the water starter, I like to put an Ice Beam on it). I also don't trade until I've beaten the Pokemon League, to make it somewhat difficult and fun at the same time.

10-27-2010   #8 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

Try nuzlocking the R/S/E hack, Pokemon Troll.

POKEMON MUST DIE NIGHTMARE mode

| Adventus |

10-28-2010   #9 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
Yes it is actually. As long as no pokemon was previously encountered in the route/cave he goes to next. Nowhere in the Nuzlocke rules does it say you can not rebuild your team after a death of one in your team. As long as at least ONE pokemon survived there is nothing wrong with rebuilding.

Also:
<snip>
Thanks for the clarification because I think I misread Virus' question. I would say that this is a matter of interpretation. I thought Virus was asking if he could recapture the Pokemon he lost as soon as it fainted. But he can't unless it so happens to be the first Pokemon at the start of a route. Right?

10-28-2010   #10 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun
Thanks for the clarification because I think I misread Virus' question. I would say that this is a matter of interpretation. I thought Virus was asking if he could recapture the Pokemon he lost as soon as it fainted. But he can't unless it so happens to be the first Pokemon at the start of a route. Right?
As far as I know you can replace a fainted pokemon in a Nuzlocke as soon as you want as long as it's an area no pokemon was encountered at. So say he skipped the route that takes you to Victory Road and is on the left side of Viridian City, he could go there immediately and capture one there as long as its the first pokemon or the second if it's a pokemon he already has and is using the no duplicates rule.

10-30-2010   #11 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Tried and failed the Nuzlocke challenge on Diamond. Was hard as balls. ****ing criticals.

05-11-2011   #12 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

I'm doing a Nuzlocke run of Emerald. So far i have 2 badges and my Marshtomp and Slakoth nearly died 100s of times due to bullshit, The only pokemon that died so far is my Poochyena (who died right after i caught it ;_; )