Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-10-2010   #1 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen
Default Lavender Town Music

So I was listening to the original 8-bit songs for lulz, and when I turned to the Lavender Town theme, I felt uneasy and wanted to change the song. So I went to foobar2k and saw this:

And then there's rumors where the original green version in Japan where kids suicide after listening to the lavender town theme

| Adventus |

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-10-2010   #2 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

lol Rather creepy but kinda cool. -goes2listen2pokemonsongs-

Somewhat offtopic: I liked the theme of the 2nd town in Pokemon Silver/Gold. ;_;

08-10-2010   #3 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Thats. Thats.
Did that really happen?!

--Frenchbread is

08-10-2010   #4 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of

Yes, yes it did.

And I was shivering when I realized the unowns spell "LEAVE NOW"

| Adventus |

08-10-2010   #5 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of

...I want to get that now.

--Frenchbread is

08-10-2010   #6 (permalink)
A Distant Visionary.
Games
La Tale

Fayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really nice
IGN: Aurelius
Class: Bladerr. lt_blader
Level: 170.
Guild: ShiningRay

When I played Blue at like 10-11, that place totally scared me. I actually like its music, though. And yeah, the actual ghosts in that tower totally freaked me out, too, as well as the whole business with the Marowak.

Wow...people actually committed suicide to this music? Damnnn.

08-11-2010   #7 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt
Wow...people actually committed suicide to this music? Damnnn.
It's just a story someone made up long ago.

08-11-2010   #8 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Holy shit...

08-11-2010   #9 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Impossible...

Like really impossible.

This is Kyuubey

08-11-2010   #10 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
Impossible...

Like really impossible.
Totally possible. It just takes clever programming is all.

You know, like an easter egg.

I however, reserve my judgment on this particular instance.

08-11-2010   #11 (permalink)
案山子
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseLa TaleMapleStory

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Virus
IGN: Takkuri
Class: Cyber Hunter to_lion
Level: 27x
Guild: Style

It's just a creepypasta, it never actually happened.

There's tons of different versions of the story, but I think all of them have one thing in common: Only the -original- releases in Japan had the binaural beats that affected kids in such a way to cause them to commit suicide.

The stories say that the games were recalled, the music changed, and were re-released, thus the binaural beats responsible for the suicides in the old Pokemon games ceased to exist, and all was well again.

So even -if- the stories were true, the ''original'' music no longer exists, and only the ''fixed'' versions can be found. The ''suicidal beats'' cannot be found in the Japanese versions, nor the US versions, etc.

08-11-2010   #12 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

LEAVE NOW.

I kinda want to hear this "original" version.

Edit:

Is this it?

Last edited by Veloze; 08-11-2010 at 10:15 AM.

08-11-2010   #13 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games

Found this:

Pretty much explain how it might have started and such.

--Frenchbread is

Last edited by Sanichi; 08-11-2010 at 01:47 PM.

08-11-2010   #14 (permalink)
案山子
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseLa TaleMapleStory

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Virus
IGN: Takkuri
Class: Cyber Hunter to_lion
Level: 27x
Guild: Style

Every story says the kids -never- got past the Lavender Town area, that immediately disproves this creepypasta I believe.

What was -instantly- stopping them at that point? In order to have a full-on effect from a binaural tone don't you need to be listening to that tone for a while nonstop? The stories make it seem like they enter then they're like, ''Omg.... what's.. happening to me..... /suicide''.

I think the video shown above is right, at most a few kids might have felt a little uneasy/sick or something since it -is- some pretty high-pitched shit so you never know, but that's as far as it goes realistically I'm sure.

It's a kind of story like if your big brother told you if you stuck your finger in the hole in the tree you'd lose your finger because ''this one kid did it and his finger fell off in there'', even if what actually happened was the kid put his finger in and was just bitten by an ant. Presto, Lavender Town story's design.

08-11-2010   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsPangyaTrickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Nanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Nanayat
Guild: RedEclipse/World's End

Its fake, and somebody probably coded that message in from wherever you got that music from, for one thing.... the unknowns didn't even appear till gold/silver... so that makes it HIGHLY unlikely that that was there beforehand, atleast thats enough evidence for me

08-11-2010   #16 (permalink)
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy

Haha~ That's creepy~! But awesome!
I loved the Lavender Town music as a kid and I still do. Creepy, yes, but it's really good.

About children killing themselves, False. Like the dude in the video said, they most likely got a bit sick from the high pitched sound and when the story was told it got further away from the truth~

08-11-2010   #17 (permalink)
Hooked on this feeling

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

well yea its creepy, even more so than the Old Chateau music.

08-11-2010   #18 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanayat
Its fake, and somebody probably coded that message in from wherever you got that music from, for one thing.... the unknowns didn't even appear till gold/silver... so that makes it HIGHLY unlikely that that was there beforehand, atleast thats enough evidence for me
Ho-oh existed since gen 1 (Remember the glowing bird thing when Ash started his journey in the very first episode of the anime?), yet it never appeared in gen 1 pokedex :>

IMO that means that Gen 2 was planned all along!

| Adventus |

08-11-2010   #19 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent
Ho-oh existed since gen 1 (Remember the glowing bird thing when Ash started his journey in the very first episode of the anime?), yet it never appeared in gen 1 pokedex :>

IMO that means that Gen 2 was planned all along!
Infact. 2nd gen might as well be one of the most, post planned games in the entire series. Which was why it was one of the best.

--Frenchbread is

08-11-2010   #20 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

It's at 9:00. Have fun.