ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Pokemon (http://ggftw.com/forum/pokemon/)
-   -   Lavender Town Music (http://ggftw.com/forum/pokemon/80397-lavender-town-music.html)

Kisaragi 08-10-2010 09:11 PM

Lavender Town Music

So I was listening to the original 8-bit songs for lulz, and when I turned to the Lavender Town theme, I felt uneasy and wanted to change the song. So I went to foobar2k and saw this:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7245/ohgodwhat.png

And then there's rumors where the original green version in Japan where kids suicide after listening to the lavender town theme

Shnao 08-10-2010 09:18 PM

lol Rather creepy but kinda cool. -goes2listen2pokemonsongs-

Somewhat offtopic: I liked the theme of the 2nd town in Pokemon Silver/Gold. ;_;

Sanichi 08-10-2010 09:39 PM

Thats. Thats.
Did that really happen?!

Kisaragi 08-10-2010 09:43 PM

Yes, yes it did.

And I was shivering when I realized the unowns spell "LEAVE NOW"

Sanichi 08-10-2010 09:44 PM

...I want to get that now.

Fayt 08-10-2010 11:31 PM

When I played Blue at like 10-11, that place totally scared me. I actually like its music, though. And yeah, the actual ghosts in that tower totally freaked me out, too, as well as the whole business with the Marowak.

Wow...people actually committed suicide to this music? Damnnn.

Metty 08-11-2010 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fayt (Post 1314150)
Wow...people actually committed suicide to this music? Damnnn.

It's just a story someone made up long ago.

zgmfx19a 08-11-2010 03:25 AM

Holy shit...

Silver Rook 08-11-2010 03:31 AM

Impossible...

Like really impossible.

Mitchi 08-11-2010 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Rook (Post 1314286)
Impossible...

Like really impossible.

Totally possible. It just takes clever programming is all.

You know, like an easter egg.

I however, reserve my judgment on this particular instance.

Virus 08-11-2010 05:02 AM

It's just a creepypasta, it never actually happened.

There's tons of different versions of the story, but I think all of them have one thing in common: Only the -original- releases in Japan had the binaural beats that affected kids in such a way to cause them to commit suicide.

The stories say that the games were recalled, the music changed, and were re-released, thus the binaural beats responsible for the suicides in the old Pokemon games ceased to exist, and all was well again.

So even -if- the stories were true, the ''original'' music no longer exists, and only the ''fixed'' versions can be found. The ''suicidal beats'' cannot be found in the Japanese versions, nor the US versions, etc.

Veloze 08-11-2010 10:12 AM

LEAVE NOW.

I kinda want to hear this "original" version.

Edit:

Is this it?

Sanichi 08-11-2010 10:14 AM

Found this:

Pretty much explain how it might have started and such.

Virus 08-11-2010 01:20 PM

Every story says the kids -never- got past the Lavender Town area, that immediately disproves this creepypasta I believe.

What was -instantly- stopping them at that point? In order to have a full-on effect from a binaural tone don't you need to be listening to that tone for a while nonstop? The stories make it seem like they enter then they're like, ''Omg.... what's.. happening to me..... /suicide''.

I think the video shown above is right, at most a few kids might have felt a little uneasy/sick or something since it -is- some pretty high-pitched shit so you never know, but that's as far as it goes realistically I'm sure.

It's a kind of story like if your big brother told you if you stuck your finger in the hole in the tree you'd lose your finger because ''this one kid did it and his finger fell off in there'', even if what actually happened was the kid put his finger in and was just bitten by an ant. Presto, Lavender Town story's design.

Nanayat 08-11-2010 01:42 PM

Its fake, and somebody probably coded that message in from wherever you got that music from, for one thing.... the unknowns didn't even appear till gold/silver... so that makes it HIGHLY unlikely that that was there beforehand, atleast thats enough evidence for me

LaTale 08-11-2010 03:18 PM

Haha~ That's creepy~! But awesome!
I loved the Lavender Town music as a kid and I still do. Creepy, yes, but it's really good.

About children killing themselves, False. Like the dude in the video said, they most likely got a bit sick from the high pitched sound and when the story was told it got further away from the truth~

Bolter 08-11-2010 09:48 PM

well yea its creepy, even more so than the Old Chateau music.

Kisaragi 08-11-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanayat (Post 1314666)
Its fake, and somebody probably coded that message in from wherever you got that music from, for one thing.... the unknowns didn't even appear till gold/silver... so that makes it HIGHLY unlikely that that was there beforehand, atleast thats enough evidence for me

Ho-oh existed since gen 1 (Remember the glowing bird thing when Ash started his journey in the very first episode of the anime?), yet it never appeared in gen 1 pokedex :>

IMO that means that Gen 2 was planned all along!

Sanichi 08-11-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accent (Post 1314937)
Ho-oh existed since gen 1 (Remember the glowing bird thing when Ash started his journey in the very first episode of the anime?), yet it never appeared in gen 1 pokedex :>

IMO that means that Gen 2 was planned all along!

Infact. 2nd gen might as well be one of the most, post planned games in the entire series. Which was why it was one of the best.

Mitchi 08-11-2010 10:41 PM

It's at 9:00. Have fun.