Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-12-2010   #21 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

^k, creeped out.

--Frenchbread is

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-12-2010   #22 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Why? The ghost pics end up causing static, so it's not like it's anything particularly scary.

08-12-2010   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsPangyaTrickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Nanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Nanayat
Guild: RedEclipse/World's End

Its true that Ho-Oh was in in the show right away, but remember, this is the gameboy game, which was made before the anime, now, I don't doubt that some of gen 2 was planned, but honestly, majority of this is just.... doesn't sound real to me, what the guy said in the video, is kids getting sick from the sound, is what sounds right to me, even my ears feel funny after hearing it, and hearing it over and over would just get... irritating, just my point of view.

08-12-2010   #24 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

omg... I was checking this out last night and I didn't even notice this thread.

When I was watching the vid mitchi posted I got freaked out after the last set of unknowns and the ghost since the sound went all apeshit and my headphones were on full blast.

also somewhat off topic but here's some creepypasta lavender town related.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

08-12-2010   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Endgame has a spectacular aura aboutEndgame has a spectacular aura about

I have a copy of the Green version.

Lavender Town's music is exactly the same as in the US releases. Everything is, really. (Except for the sprites. Now THOSE are scary, because of how ugly they are. Thank god they used the japanese Blue sprites instead.)

And if the music really did cause japanese kids to suicide, it'd be a much bigger deal than the Porygon episode of the anime ever was. (It was PIKACHU'S fault those explosions happened, dammit! Why did poor Porygon get blamed for it?!)

08-12-2010   #26 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

That was so creepy (and cool) Mitchi. And yeah, really annoying too. >_<

08-12-2010   #27 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
Why? The ghost pics end up causing static, so it's not like it's anything particularly scary.
Yah, when the static began...Ei.
Probably had something to do with how late I was up as well...

--Frenchbread is

08-15-2010   #28 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi

It's at 9:00. Have fun.
Err...it creeps me out around 9:19...couldn't bear it anymore so I stopped

I'm probably just scaring myself, but it's hard to think that when it's already dark outside and my window is WIDE open plus that my deceased grandpa's photo is behind my back...*shivering*

The first two videos in this thread didn't do much to me, but totally not this one, I think I will try it when it's daytime...

P.S. I regretted doing some research about it...now I'm feeling a bit uneasy just to get off of the chair D:

Last edited by Blizt; 08-16-2010 at 12:04 AM.

02-26-2011   #29 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

Sorry for necro but I was about to make another thread until I saw this.

Okay guys. Has anyone done any experiments?

I asked my 11 year old brother to listen to it and he got all impatient and paranoid like.

Me on the other hand my head just started throbbing a little. No signs of eye distortion. But, I feel like I'm enclosed in a dark space.

This was done with sound cancelling headphones.

02-26-2011   #30 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Inserting pictures into music is nothing new:

And, nobody ever did suicide because of the Lavender Town music.

02-26-2011   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster OnlineRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldLeague of Legends

Mateus will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Mateus
IGN: Miinwu/BellFlower
Class: Wizard/Witch to_wizard
Level: 14x/15x

Creepy stuff...but pretty catchy.

02-26-2011   #32 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

this totally suits Darkrai and probably Giratina too if you were to ask me. Though they aren't involved in this.

but maybe someday we might end up hearing stories of either one of them or both being reportedly seen there(not in the game but maybe some files or so).

02-27-2011   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
MabinogiLa TaleEden EternalMapleStory

Routine has a spectacular aura aboutRoutine has a spectacular aura aboutRoutine has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Routine
Class: magic lt_sorcerer

This is pretty funny, I just found out about this whole Lavender Music thing a few days ago, and it's been "haunting" me ever since, lol. As in I seem to see stuff about it everywhere now, gee I wonder why.

But it's a really beautiful melody, though it creeps me out. It would've scared me shitless if I played this game as a child. But now I learned to play this song on the piano

02-27-2011   #34 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus
Every story says the kids -never- got past the Lavender Town area, that immediately disproves this creepypasta I believe.

What was -instantly- stopping them at that point? In order to have a full-on effect from a binaural tone don't you need to be listening to that tone for a while nonstop? The stories make it seem like they enter then they're like, ''Omg.... what's.. happening to me..... /suicide''.

I think the video shown above is right, at most a few kids might have felt a little uneasy/sick or something since it -is- some pretty high-pitched shit so you never know, but that's as far as it goes realistically I'm sure.

It's a kind of story like if your big brother told you if you stuck your finger in the hole in the tree you'd lose your finger because ''this one kid did it and his finger fell off in there'', even if what actually happened was the kid put his finger in and was just bitten by an ant. Presto, Lavender Town story's design.
Your theory reminds me of Polar Express.

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

02-27-2011   #35 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

i started pokemon with silver so i had the happy version

02-28-2011   #36 (permalink)
LET ME SARANG YOU
Games
LuniaLeague of LegendsMicroVolts OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Khai has a brilliant futureKhai has a brilliant futureKhai has a brilliant futureKhai has a brilliant futureKhai has a brilliant futureKhai has a brilliant futureKhai has a brilliant futureKhai has a brilliant futureKhai has a brilliant futureKhai has a brilliant futureKhai has a brilliant future
IGN: SNSD | Pichu
Class: Everything | Sieg
Level: 30 | 2x
Guild: My bed o.o | Arcanum
Xfire: "0"

^ good old times.
the original version, creeped me out lol.