Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (6) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-13-2010   #101 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus
Easy, stop making them turn-based. Real-time is where it's at.
If that's the 3rd game evolution, I'm going to be disappointed. But then again, changing from turn based to real time would be a revolution, not an evolution.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-14-2010   #102 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus
Easy, stop making them turn-based. Real-time is where it's at.
Uh.
No thanks.

04-14-2010   #103 (permalink)
wants your bucket

Pharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to all
IGN: Pharoe
Class: Cannon lt_guardian
Level: 100
Guild: Moogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonSensei
^ That would be interesting XD.

Also I managed to find another picture when lurking..Not sure if its like fan made or from a magazine.. I thought I should put it up anyways =P

Farfetchd's stick.

04-14-2010   #104 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

If it were to be like real-time, then we can never ever leave a pokemon battle to hold ever again, it will be like pokemon battles in the animes, where accuracy will become a problem and there will also be things like attacks clashing with each other and pokemons using their hp to do attacks.

04-14-2010   #105 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolter
If it were to be like real-time, then we can never ever leave a pokemon battle to hold ever again, it will be like pokemon battles in the animes, where accuracy will become a problem and there will also be things like attacks clashing with each other and pokemons using their hp to do attacks.
Would make Nintendo have to actually use the start button for something again, like pausing when in single player.

Wouldn't mind the battle system being like the show where things like actual knowledge of your teams abilities, etc(i.e. how Pikachu out paced Raichu in the TV series in Vermilion) and player skill would have meaning again. Would be comical to watch Smogon rage.

04-14-2010   #106 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Changing Pokemon to real-time would be very bad.

04-14-2010   #107 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

Wasn't the Mystery Dungeon spinoffs real time? I can't confirm myself since I never played them myself.

04-14-2010   #108 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Hm I think it was sorta "real-time" I think it was still a little turn based though. Of course I only played the first one, could have changed since then.

04-14-2010   #109 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

First Pokemon Black/White Details Trickle In

Quote:
While some diehard series fans were quick to show their dismay that the new games aren't coming out on the Nintendo 3DS first, Pokemon Black and Pokemon White is still looking like a pretty decent update for the million-selling series. That's the take-home we got, at least, from a set of screenshots published in this week's issue of Famitsu magazine.

Among the things hinted at in the screens is a brand-new cityscape setting, with your trainer traveling on elevated paths (an extension of cycling roads, perhaps?) and weaving his way through tall buildings. Also depicted is a new one-stop Pokemon shop that combines the facilities of a PokeMart, Pokemon Center and Global Terminal into a single building -- the Pokemon equivalent of a Walmart Supercenter, you could say.

The setting isn't the only new thing, either. In addition to the usual sort of visual upgrades, Pokemon Black/White will feature a battle system that, if initial impressions are worth anything, will be quite a bit more dynamically depicted than before, with the battle camera switching viewpoints depending on the action and the fighters even casting realistic shadows on the ground. (The Pokemon are still 2D sprites, though, so don't expect some kind of massive Pokemon Colosseum-style graphic upgrade.)

"As you can tell from the screenshots, Pokemon Black/White's adventure takes place in an area different in nature from before," a Pokemon Company rep told Famitsu. "The new story that unfolds in this place, along with the never-seen-before Pokemon you'll encounter, will allow both old fans and people who haven't played the other games to enjoy the experience without preconceptions."

The new games have a tentative fall release date in Japan and will presumably hit American DSes sometime soon afterward.
First Pokemon Black/White Details Trickle In

04-14-2010   #110 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

TonSensei has a spectacular aura aboutTonSensei has a spectacular aura aboutTonSensei has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Suppie(Retired) Arima
Class: Saint[PvPer], Iron Paladin[PvPer]. lt_warlord
Level: 200, 60, 60
Guild: 麻帆良学園, Pulse
Xfire: X

^ Oh my..
I do remember seeing a screenie of a battle scene with Zoroark battling - Showing it's full body from the back view/ Along with Buildings in the background Etc..
That seems to be somewhat of a nice change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiyu
...How much more intense can turn based pokemon battles be -_-???
More flashy moves! With heavier sound effects!

Last edited by TonSensei; 04-14-2010 at 11:49 AM.

04-14-2010   #111 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonSensei
^ Oh my..
I do remember seeing a screenie of a battle scene with Zoroark battling - Showing it's full body from the back view/ Along with Buildings in the background Etc..
That seems to be somewhat of a nice change

More flashy moves! With heavier sound effects!
Rumble pack for the DS!

04-14-2010   #112 (permalink)
Addicted to BoA
Games
MapleStoryRagnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends

DarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really nice

Hopefully they don't put too many 3D aspects into the game.
I don't know about you guys, but I get dizzy from things like that.
(Esp. when it's animating/changing the viewpoint of 2D characters.)

04-14-2010   #113 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

I haven't played the last two versions but did they add 'realistic' sounds for the pokemons? The beeps & screeches are retarded >_>

If not, please do.

04-14-2010   #114 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharoe
Farfetchd's stick.
Miku Wannabe :/

LEEK~

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

04-14-2010   #115 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

On Serebii from CoroCoro magazine, there was a picture of the two new fox Pokémon going at it and it was pretty much more 3Der than ever.

But I want a real real-time battle system not the Mystery Dungeons loltime battle system.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the nice graphics that they claim that Black and White will have. I'm really looking forward to cities with REAL high-rises.

04-14-2010   #116 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

TonSensei has a spectacular aura aboutTonSensei has a spectacular aura aboutTonSensei has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Suppie(Retired) Arima
Class: Saint[PvPer], Iron Paladin[PvPer]. lt_warlord
Level: 200, 60, 60
Guild: 麻帆良学園, Pulse
Xfire: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
On Serebii from CoroCoro magazine, there was a picture of the two new fox Pokémon going at it and it was pretty much more 3Der than ever.

But I want a real real-time battle system not the Mystery Dungeons loltime battle system.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the nice graphics that they claim that Black and White will have. I'm really looking forward to cities with REAL high-rises.

04-14-2010   #117 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
I haven't played the last two versions but did they add 'realistic' sounds for the pokemons? The beeps & screeches are retarded >_>

If not, please do.
They didn't. They just kinda added more variations to the beeps and screeches.

I'd kinda wonder what a real time pokemon game would be like, though. I mean, if they do it right, I imagine it'd be pretty intense.

04-14-2010   #118 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

That would mean they'd have to radically change wild encounters. I mean you can't just be running around in a patch of grass. You'd have to have a close-up look at the grass patch, with millions of pokes running around....

...and what about caves overrun with zubats and geodudes? How2pass?

It's the nature of my circuitry.

04-15-2010   #119 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Personally, realtime battles would make me happy as the ****ens. My Pidgeot/Staraptor would murder the competition, for once.

Also, more poke's with Sketch, plz. Smeargle looks retarded, always has and always will. I want something less annoying looking that can still learn EVERYTHING in the game.

Like a ditto evolution

04-15-2010   #120 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

So much for the April 15th announcement. B/W site now updated with these:

Quote:
Looks like the starting town.

Quote:
Vehicles are seen for the first time. Bridge over a road, nice.

Quote:
Rotating camera.

Quote:
PokeCentre + GTS globe + Mart + speech bubbles

Quote:
Environment now has more visual effects.

Quote:
Dynamic battle system with full body visable and shadows.