Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion > Pokemon

Lord of the Rings Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-25-2009   #1 (permalink)

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of
Default Absence of Light Type?

I have been wandering about this for very long, they have a Darkness type but no Light Type? ain't it weird?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-26-2009   #2 (permalink)

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

That wasn't what I was referring to, I was referring well currently there are 17 types ranging from Normal to Steel, but I just don't understand why Light isn't one of them.

11-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Maybe because Dark was added to be an actually used counter for Psychic types? That's just my opinion, though.

11-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Personally, they've added way too many types already. I can see Light being added as a balancer (Ghost, dark being completely resistant to everything) but they shouldn't be expanding the type range right now.

11-26-2009   #5 (permalink)

Well it doesn't hurt to just add one more type to counter Ghost and Dark.

11-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

And what would the weaknesses be?

11-26-2009   #7 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Shadow..... Wait. Moar and moar?

11-26-2009   #8 (permalink)

The weakness is easy, Light and Darkness can just be strong at each other just like in most games. Grass can also be one of Light's weakness just like the case of Water as plants absorbs both water and light. This may just empower Grass a little more since its quite weak right now.

Psychic, Electric and maybe even Fire and Grass pokemons may well be able to Light moves and Light pokemons may then well be able to learn Fire and Electric moves too.

If they had the time to seperate Ice from Water, split Earth into Ground and Rock and splitting Ghost and Darkness, I don't see why they can't even come out with Light.

Last edited by Bolter; 11-26-2009 at 11:11 PM.

11-27-2009   #9 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Which Pokemon would be categorized as Light Type?

I'm also assuming a new type would result in creating more than 491.

11-27-2009   #10 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

how about air.....instead of flying they are more of a bird type to me...

11-27-2009   #11 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicta™
Which Pokemon would be categorized as Light Type?

I'm also assuming a new type would result in creating more than 491.
Mew can be a light/psychic. Others like Clefairy, Jirachi, etc...

11-27-2009   #12 (permalink)

and Arceus would have been a Light type too with Judgement being a Light Type as well and if new pokemons need to be created, by all means.

11-27-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Kiwixz will become famous soon enoughKiwixz will become famous soon enough
IGN: Kiwixz | Welgaia
Class: Sheep to_soulmaster
Level: K.20x | W.21x
Guild: Symphony

After several generations, with the current types and moves they achieved more or less a balance between types. If some other new type gets thrown into the game, it'll most probably result in a repetition of generation I's psychic types and will have to fix it after another generation. :x

11-27-2009   #14 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

Fire is light.

Not only it emits heat energy, but also light energy

"flawless" logic

| Adventus |

11-27-2009   #15 (permalink)

Fire doesn't really represent Light too well because things like lava definitely isn't really Light especially since its not even strong against Darkness. Besides if they are gonna combine Light into Fire, then why bother splitting Water and Ice and dividing Earth into Ground and Rock.

and no adding of just this one type will not imbalance the game it will just empower Grass types a little which are currently pathetic enough with 5 weaknesses 7 ineffectiveness and only 3 strengths while it keeps Ghost and Darkness in balance.

Last edited by Bolter; 11-27-2009 at 05:28 AM.

11-27-2009   #16 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

maybe that ???-type was a place holder for light but never got added xD

11-27-2009   #17 (permalink)

that ??? looks more like some type from another world an alien world or something.

11-28-2009   #18 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

I think Light Type moves like Flash.

11-28-2009   #19 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Hmm...would that make solarbeam light type as well? .-.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

11-28-2009   #20 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Flash is something I think of like electricity. Or at the least done with electricity.