Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-14-2009   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
Yeah but take Mewtwo for example(since I've played first generation more then I have second and quit at second). I use Parasect/Exeggutor vs players with it using a combo of Sleeppowder/Spore(never miss version of powder for Parasect <3) use Substitute then start using Megadrain while powering it up with Growth. With Exeggutor I did it with SP, Leechseed and Doubleteam and then have either Rest or Toxic in forth slot and that can kill a Mewtwo with ease. Same thing can be done with Tangela as well if you want more defense.
Evasion clause kills your double team.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-14-2009   #22 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Azelf is OU and has quite a bit of moves to choose from.High Sp,Attack + Attack make it a viable candidate for either spectrum of sweeping.Plus is can learn explosion and with its hax speed its guarateed to pull it off.

05-14-2009   #23 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iARE1337
Evasion clause kills your double team.
My not playing by your internet rules kills your clause.

05-14-2009   #24 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
what's the point of you arguing over ubers if you won't be convinced with competitive rules? it's not like you play with the "internet rule" of 'NO UBERS'.
Because the limitation of moves makes less sense then the limitation of some Pokemon even though I can understand the limiting of some Pokemon to a certain extent.
Example: In poker you don't make someone who had aces the previous hand get rid of aces he has in the current hand if he gets any. Or if he had a royal flush that if he has one the next hand he has to fold or toss some cards.
Semi better example: In RTS games you don't tell someone who builds a super weapon he can only use it once and then he can't use it again just because it will wreck havoc on your base/army, securing him a win.

05-14-2009   #25 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

If ubers were allowed, then every team is likely to consist of something like:
Kyogre, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Groudon, Darkrai, and Ho-oh.

This mean that all the other Pokemon are likely not to be picked, which creates an imbalance. amirite?

05-14-2009   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
My not playing by your internet rules kills your clause.
If that's the case, a Breloom that was baton passed a speed boost will easily wreak any team without sleep clause. "Not limiting" Pokemon ironically limits the game further as people will only choose the handful that are currently deemed as Uber.

05-14-2009   #27 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

Limiting usage of Ubers and moves are exactly the same thing.

05-14-2009   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

It's a bit like in boxing, you don't match up a heavyweight verses a featherweight. One clearly has the upper hand. You may see them in say an exhibition match but not in a competitive setting.

05-14-2009   #29 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Quote:
It's a bit like in boxing, you don't match up a heavyweight verses a featherweight. One clearly has the upper hand. You may see them in say an exhibition match but not in a competitive setting.
But putting them in their own weight brackets doesn't stop either of them from using certain punches repeatedly, nor from dancing around their opponent a certain amount of times.

05-14-2009   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

Well in boxing you're not allowed to hit under the belt, spit, bite, kick, or headbutt the opponent. These can be view as the many clauses in a competitive Pokemon match (i.e. sleep, species, evasion clauses) as they may give an unfair advantage either of the two sides.

So long as you and your opponents can agree if are are certain restrictions (or lack thereof) and have fun, there's really nothing else you should really question.

I meant to point out that there are certain restrictions in competitive play, not come off as this incredibly anal Pokemon player.

05-14-2009   #31 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Quote:
Well in boxing you're not allowed to hit under the belt, spit, bite, kick, or headbutt the opponent. These can be view as the many clauses in a competitive Pokemon match (i.e. sleep, species, evasion clauses) as they may give an unfair advantage either of the two sides.

So long as you and your opponents can agree if are are certain restrictions (or lack thereof) and have fun, there's really nothing else you should really question.

I meant to point out that there are certain restrictions in competitive play, not come off as this incredibly anal Pokemon player.
After browsing several netbattle forums to see what people are QQing about now that my days of battling are long past(R.I.P Manly 151) you didn't come off as anal. As when I did it the only rule per se was no more then one Mewtwo which was usually the last thing called out. I'm a status effect *****, always have been always will. Even my card decks were based on status effects. Anything that pissed people off I usually used as once you get someone in a fight to snap they pretty much don't focus on whats happening and start making mistakes and mind games are half the battle.

05-15-2009   #32 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Anyway, what you mentioned about countering Mewtwo only works in the first generation, now in this 4th generation known as the DP generation, many things have changed such as the advent of Stealth Rock etc. with many new skills so its not that simple to counter the same pokemon you may used to be able to counter in previous generations. Also, if you refuse to play by the standard net rules, then finding people to battle with is gonna be real hard, cos many people will not want to play with you.

Latias may no longer be uber in certain cases yes, but I had a feeling some will still regard her as uber so best to leave her as uber for now. I also don't understand why Garchomp is uber, but thats just what they regard him now as, anyway.

@Belphybear: Deoxys-A, Palkia and Arceus also deserves mention since they are also fearsome pokemons even in the uber tier itself. Especially Palkia, since Kyogre + Palkia is very deadly and from what I've heard, Palkia doesn't even have a true counter.

Last edited by Bolter; 05-15-2009 at 02:11 AM.

05-15-2009   #33 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

I think we could make our own version of the tier list for this site, unless we all use Shoddy. :x

05-15-2009   #34 (permalink)
Addicted to BoA
Games
MapleStoryRagnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends

DarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really nice

Umm, I know I'm late but,

Garchomp could be haxed due to it's speed capabilities as well as attack capabilities.
(Therefore, it could KO something in one shot)

I fought one on Wifi and it was uber fast and strong. I only managed to kill it 'cuz it missed with Dragon Rush and my Porygon-Z used Ice Beam.

Last edited by DarkAmbience; 05-15-2009 at 06:55 PM.

05-15-2009   #35 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention it also has STAB Earthquake (which isn't rare) paired with it's beast Attack and Speed stat.
========
I wouldn't care if we made our own tier, but it wouldn't be very different from what's on Shoddy. I mean honestly, their tier is probably the best way to keep it fair. If anything, people would want Garchomp in OU so they could use it, but really, that'd be the only change I can think of.

05-16-2009   #36 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

I'm not really sure why Garchomp changed from OU to Uber until recently. One reason I read for the change was because of its speed and attack plus it has STAB Earthquake AND Outrage. But you could have gotten that before through breeding and/or usage of the Earthquake TM.

05-17-2009   #37 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

"Recent" is relative. To me that's still relatively recent.

05-17-2009   #38 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Sanctus has a spectacular aura aboutSanctus has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Syora

Hmm, I think Snorlax is an Uber? Or is it just OU?
It has a pretty good movepool, and it has really good ATT and DEF.

05-17-2009   #39 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Nuh uh. Snorlax is just OU (it may have fallen to UU). It has nice Attack, Special Defense, and HP, other than that I think it's pretty lacking. Though it's move pool is pretty nice. 80

05-17-2009   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Sanctus has a spectacular aura aboutSanctus has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Syora

Okay, I thought it was. D8