ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Pokemon (http://ggftw.com/forum/pokemon/)
-   -   Pokemon's Unsolved Mysteries! (http://ggftw.com/forum/pokemon/116794-pokemons-unsolved-mysteries.html)

Mega 09-05-2012 07:51 PM

Pokemon's Unsolved Mysteries!

Pokémon’s Unsolved Mysteries - IGN

Metty 09-05-2012 08:35 PM

It took them this many years? Some of those are so terrible and obvious or completely wrong like the amount of money you get for winning. Typical IGN.

Bolter 09-05-2012 09:47 PM

lol so fascinating

james 09-05-2012 11:38 PM

That was such a riveting read.

Wendyfav3 10-03-2012 12:54 PM

If professor Oak is such a Pokemon expert why is his pokedex empty?

Why does Professor Oak never know if you are a boy or a girl or even his grandson's name?

Who is Ash's Father for crying our loud.

My question is Why do the nurses 'Hope to see you soon'? They want to see you get injured. I guess they get paid for each Pokemon they heal...

Ash's father is Yugi Moto. You know why...

What about, how does someone fit a fricking bicycle in a small backpack, with a bunch of other items O_O

How do pokeballs recognize pokemon as pokemon and not humans....or can you catch humans......

GOD I love reading these comments lolz

Bolter 10-05-2012 09:41 AM

actually its just these few that I'm more curious about

why is Darkness strong at Ghost?

why is Psychic unable to hit Darkness and yet Fighting is super effective against Darkness? (my assumption for Psychic being unable to hit Darkness is that Psychics are completely blind in the dark, but Fighting strong against Dark? weird)

and also why is Ice only resistant to itself? It would have resisted Water just as much as Water resisting it.

Metty 10-05-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolter (Post 1773981)
yet Fighting is super effective against Darkness?

It's explained pretty well with it's actual type name.

Veloze 10-05-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

why is Darkness strong at Ghost?

For the sake of balance.

Quote:

and yet Fighting is super effective against Darkness?

Dark-type attacks are more like underhanded tricks, not evil powers or anything. Think about it like this: Fighting-types are trained not to fall for attacks like those.
Or it could just be for the sake of balance.

Quote:

and also why is Ice only resistant to itself? It would have resisted Water just as much as Water resisting it.

For the sake of balance. What it lacks in defense, it makes up in offense.
Doesn't really matter because you shouldn't be using an Ice-type for defensive purposes anyways.

Bolter 10-05-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1774024)

For the sake of balance. What it lacks in defense, it makes up in offense.
Doesn't really matter because you shouldn't be using an Ice-type for defensive purposes anyways.

still think its not balanced enough yet considering that it has 4 weakness, it should at least resist water as well

james 10-11-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolter (Post 1774081)
still think its not balanced enough yet considering that it has 4 weakness, it should at least resist water as well

A good chunk of the small number of Ice types out there are dual-Ice with something that resists water. Almost all of the pure Ice-types are crap anyways, and not because they don't resist water. Most single-type Poks are kind of crap anyways.

Bolter 10-12-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jare (Post 1775582)
A good chunk of the small number of Ice types out there are dual-Ice with something that resists water. Almost all of the pure Ice-types are crap anyways, and not because they don't resist water. Most single-type Poks are kind of crap anyways.

most single-type are weak? I think there is more than just few mono-types that are quite strong you know