ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Pokemon (http://ggftw.com/forum/pokemon/)
-   -   Pokemon Meets Nobunaga's Ambition (http://ggftw.com/forum/pokemon/106230-pokemon-meets-nobunagas-ambition.html)

Zuro 12-16-2011 09:03 PM

Pokemon Meets Nobunaga's Ambition

Pokémon Meets Nobunagas Ambition In A New Crossover Game

A new Pokémon game has been revealed by V-Jump magazine in Japan. The game is a 2012 title for the Nintendo DS and is a crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga’s Ambition, which is a Koei series.

Pokemon + Nobunaga’s Ambition is being showcased at the ongoing Jump Festa trade event in Japan. We don’t have any further details at the moment. We also aren’t sure if this is the “shocking” title CoroCoro magazine are set to reveal next month, but it sure fits the description.

Pokémon Meets Nobunaga's Ambition In A New Crossover Game | Siliconera

Kusuriuri 12-16-2011 10:27 PM

I'm mindblown by the simple fact that there's going to be a non-Nintendo franchise crossover with Pokemon, and it's an official product. What.

LauraMix 12-16-2011 10:36 PM

What the...but...wait...how...I don't understand....Uhh...-mind blown- Samurai Warriors + Pokemon....I'm interested to see this~

Donges 12-17-2011 01:06 AM

Clear trailer~

Veloze 12-17-2011 05:33 AM

I'm really interested in this even though I have never heard of nor played Nobunaga's Ambition.

RoflKnife 12-17-2011 06:22 AM

. . . . . What? :psyduck:

Riolu 12-17-2011 06:26 AM

This will never be translated into english.

Marzai 12-17-2011 08:54 AM

Holy crap!

Nobunaga Oda and Zekrom!?
Oichi and JigglyPuff!?
Hideyoshi Toyotomi and Infernape!?
Mitsuhide Akechi and Articuno!?
Kenshin Uesugi and Mewtwo?!
Shingen Takeda and Groudon?!
Yukimura Sanada and Eevee!?

Two of one of my favorite game series combining into an official product for the DS?!

My. Mind. Is. Blown.

Griever 12-17-2011 10:21 AM

Anyone else think this is a ploy for Koei/Nobunaga's Ambition to get more money flowing in? I sincerely doubt Nintendo/Pokemon came to Koei and was like HAI LETS MAKE A GAME TOGETHER ^_^.

Koei is clever, they know the Pokemon series has amassed so many fantards that they'll buy anything with the Pokemon logo on it, including this game (which may or may not be good, although that's completely irrelevant in this case.)

Zuro 12-17-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marzai (Post 1655599)
Holy crap!

Nobunaga Oda and Zekrom!?
Oichi and JigglyPuff!?
Hideyoshi Toyotomi and Infernape!?
Mitsuhide Akechi and Articuno!?
Kenshin Uesugi and Mewtwo?!
Shingen Takeda and Groudon?!
Yukimura Sanada and Eevee!?

I think that's the game's protagonist that can be made male or female in every pokemon game lol.

Lime 12-17-2011 11:46 PM

Yes. I want to play Pokemon Tactics. -shot-

I think this has a good shot of coming here, I mean, if Rumble Blast can get a 3ds release being developed by a small company. This one can too. Very few pokemon games were jp only after all... only ones i can think of are Pokemon Box. Then someone told me of TCG2 and some typing game. but they're very niche.

Esper 12-17-2011 11:51 PM

Definitely looks nice. It just sucks that I don't have a DS lols.

TonSensei 12-18-2011 10:49 AM

Lol not sure what to say.. A part of me thinks this is awkward and another part is actually looking forward to it.

This is a mix I never expected to happen!

LauraMix 12-18-2011 11:19 AM

I bet if the sales are great, Next we'll be able to see Dynasty Warriors with Pokemon 8D;;;

Riolu 12-18-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraMix (Post 1656040)
I bet if the sales are great, Next we'll be able to see Dynasty Warriors with Pokemon 8D;;;

And maybe pokemon will end up being as raped by nintendo as sonic is by sega.

LauraMix 12-18-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riolu (Post 1656050)
And maybe pokemon will end up being as raped by nintendo as sonic is by sega.

God dam it Nintendo do a story like Super Mario Bros Z. D:

Zuro 01-13-2012 07:51 PM

Tecmo Koei transformed Pokémon into Pokémon Tactics with Pokémon + Nobunaga’s Ambition. Like other strategy games, you have to move before you can attack. The distance you can move depends on what Pokémon you’re using. Flying Pokémon, for example, can soar over obstacles.

Once you get in range, you can select attacks or if your Pokémon are in trouble, trainers (warlords in this game) can use items to heal them. Defeated Pokémon drop treasure chests with gold and items for players to pick up.

Warlords also have command abilities they can use to turn the tide of battle in Pokémon + Nobunaga’s Ambition. The hero character (either a male or female trainer) can scout for new Pokémon to partner with by searching fields and caves from different countries and target other castles to conquer. Players can pick a castle to storm once a month in game time, of course. While you’re moving your units, enemies can try to takeover your castles too.

Pokémon + Nobunaga’s Ambition comes out for Nintendo DS on March 17 in Japan.

Surprise #2: Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition Is A Tactical RPG | Siliconera

Screenshots at the site

Donges 01-13-2012 07:55 PM

Wait...so pokemon DIE in this one?! /gaspeth

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. I've never heard of the other series before so....:X

Zuro 01-13-2012 08:10 PM

Also, forgot to mention this

Pokémon + Nobunaga’s Ambition, a crossover between Game Freak and Tecmo Koei, capitalizes on Sengoku fever by pairing Nobunaga with Zekrom. A scan from Jump revealed three more pairs: Chosokabe Motochika and Dewott (Futachimaru), Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Moferno (Moukasaru), and Mori Motonari and Servine (Janovy). Read about the other announced Pokémon teams are here.

Players will be able to fight in 6-on-6 battles using standard Pokémon rules, but each warrior only has one Pokémon. Instead of Gym Leaders, Pokémon + Nobunaga’s Ambition has 17 castles to conquer in the game’s single player mode.

Nintendo also added a multiplayer mode, which lets players battle each other online over Nintendo Wi-Fi. Pokémon + Nobunaga’s Ambition is scheduled to come out in Japan for Nintendo DS on March 17.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/11...d-online-play/

They need Yukimura Sanada in this game.

Harlequin 01-13-2012 10:12 PM

It's not really a surprise that it's a tactical RPG. The trailer that Mega posted a few weeks ago shows some scenes that make it fairly apparent. That being said, they've already decidedly made this game non-canon to the Pokemon series, simply because they included Mewtwo. Still looking forward to it though.