ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Pangya/Albatross 18 (http://ggftw.com/forum/pangya-albatross-18/)
-   -   Ntreev actually did something right. (http://ggftw.com/forum/pangya-albatross-18/66410-ntreev-actually-did-something-right.html)

Chelf 12-16-2009 09:58 PM

Ntreev actually did something right.

Quote:

Brazilian Community Update DEC.16.2009
Greetings Pangya Players!

Along with the rest of our efforts to improve the quality of our service, we have been constantly monitoring our servers, and have identified that the Titan Boo server is very often under-utilized compared to the Black Papel, Dolfini and Tiki servers. Furthermore, our version of Pangya has become the only release that players from Brazil can call home. Unfortunately, our staff is not equipped to provide support in Portugese or to players outside of our supported region, as this version is intended for a North American audience.

That being said, just as we welcome (previously registered) European players and Oceanic players and SEA players (and so on...), so should we welcome Brazilian players in the same light. It is never our intent to discriminate against those who are not from the North American region, it is simply a matter of support that we are unable to provide at this time to this community. However, many of the players outside North America reside in counties where English is spoken as either a primary language or major secondary language, so it would be natural that players who do not speak English could feel left out. This also creates a support issue, as we are only enable to enforce our Terms of Use in English and therefore must insist that only English be spoken in public areas of the game.

Therefore, in an effort to recognize this growing community of players and to make the best possible use of the resources we have available, we will be officially designating the Titan Boo server as a Brazilian server with today's maintenance. The server will still be hosted in America and receive the same content as all other North American servers, but we will change the name to "Titan Boo (BR)" and formally recognize Portugese as acceptable for all areas of public chat on this server. Accordingly, the Black Papel and Dolfini servers will gain an "(EN)" tag to designate them as English-only servers. We hope that this distinction will help players make educated decisions with regards to how best to enjoy the game based on their linguistic abilities. In other words, all Brazilian players are still welcome to play with all their friends on the EN servers (and vice versa), but the language policy will be more strictly enforced as there is now a Portugese server available. There are many players from all over the world (not just Brazil) who may not be fluent in English, all we ask on the EN server is that you try your best and refrain from using a foreign language.

What this means in terms of administration is that while the Game Master staff will not be able to offer support in Portugese on the BR server, ALL sections of the Terms of Use are just as applicable as on the EN servers, and action WILL be taken on violations we identify. Harassment and spamming are never appropriate. We greatly appreciate the exploitation (hack) reports we receive daily from our players, and would like to continue to encourage our Brazilian community to send us their reports as well, as best they can. Otherwise, Titan Boo will be treated as a normal server in terms of content, events, live GM events, et cetera. For the time being, we have not announced any plans to revise our Forum rules, and must still insist that only English be used on the official forums. Thank you for your understanding.

While we understand that this change has come about abruptly and was not an action we originally had any intentions of taking, we must stress that game development is an evolutionary process. To be successful, game companies must adapt to an ever-changing environment, and never say never because anything is possible in the world of game development.

-- Pangya Team
Source: - Welcome To PANGYA!

Oh my. Never thought I would see Ntreev do something like this. BUT, how effective will it be?

Veloze 12-16-2009 10:50 PM

So, BRs will be IP blocked from the EN servers?

Chelf 12-16-2009 11:01 PM

No. They have their own server on the US server now. Titan Boo is a Brazilian server now.

Shirakani 12-16-2009 11:48 PM

This will have two effects, and one of them just left town.

Yeh, jack and shit.

A large majority of players will now avoid the BR server, and do you think the BR's will be happy to hack amongst themselves? No, they won't get to wave their hacks around and be pro in the face of others who can't... so they'll just go to the EN servers anyway.

Failtreev would have done something right if they grew a pair and IP banned BR. But obviously, they are as cowardly as they are incompetent and won't do such a thing.

Lets see if they actually will enforce the language rules or not... Haw who am I kidding... Failtreev? Actually doing their jobs? Providing support? HAW HAW HAW :jj:

Chelf 12-17-2009 12:19 AM

Out of the 4 tournaments I have played so far, I have seen NO Brazilians at all.

Mikaze 12-17-2009 01:18 AM

Wanna see my first tournement of the day?

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...pangya_539.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...pangya_538.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...pangya_537.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...pangya_536.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...pangya_535.jpg

Yeah.. This was in 'Black Papel[EN]':py12:

Miyuki 12-17-2009 01:31 AM

lol, indonesians players there

Rionell 12-17-2009 02:42 AM

I cried in happiness.

Rie 12-17-2009 02:44 AM

Ill miss all the "Haushaushaushaua" and "Affff" oh well :py01:

Miyuki 12-17-2009 02:57 AM

Guess I can play pangya bit a while with peace after all /o

Mikaze 12-17-2009 03:13 AM

They can still log into the EN servers. Just now someone was cussing out Loki.. So yeah~

Miyuki 12-17-2009 03:28 AM

Guess they're bored without EN speaking players?

Mikaze 12-17-2009 03:34 AM

More than likely. But it's going to be amusing to see how this move goes to say the least.

Chelf 12-17-2009 08:02 AM

Happened right when the servers opened up as well. The guy got banned, for speaking Non-English in an English server.

Kebin 12-17-2009 11:24 AM

its probably going to be fail.

Chelf 12-17-2009 11:44 AM

Currently, it looks like it. People are flaming and cursing each other out over it. As in, some like the idea, others do not. And of course, there is your new foreign language spam. Indos are requesting their own server dedicated to them. (No offense, anyone.)

Miyuki 12-17-2009 04:54 PM

You can't satisfy everyone ~_~

Kebin 12-17-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyuki (Post 1097626)
You can't satisfy everyone ~_~

Well I agree with you, but I just don't think this idea would work D: the BRs came to play against nubby english players even when GOA was pretty good.. so I don't see why they would even move from the English channels to a channel where 90% of the people are probably hacking or something (from what I've heard)
I think there should have been an IP block implemented ._. or ntreev can just update their hack preventions
--\:py22:/--

Miyuki 12-17-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

What this means in terms of administration is that while the Game Master staff will not be able to offer support in Portugese on the BR server, ALL sections of the Terms of Use are just as applicable as on the EN servers, and action WILL be taken on violations we identify. Harassment and spamming are never appropriate. We greatly appreciate the exploitation (hack) reports we receive daily from our players, and would like to continue to encourage our Brazilian community to send us their reports as well, as best they can.
I wonder if this works well, too ._.

Anyway, be expected to see more "foreign language" on EN channels, and demanding their own [language tag] channel too ~_~