La TaleLuna OnlineLegend of EddaIris Online

PompousKristina will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to PompousKristina
IGN: KristinaAims
Class: Gunslinger lt_gunslinger
Level: Lv. 90
Guild: RentaTale
Talking Most Overrated and Underrrated MMOs in your Opinion

What are the most overrated and underrated MMOs in your opinion? Here's mine.

Overrated: Maple Story, Runescape, and World of Warcraft

Underrated: Legend of Edda, Aion, and LaTale

LaTale Username: KristinaOwns,
Legend of Edda Username: kristinanardone, Dragonica SEA Username: knardone,
Now playing: LaTale, Dragonica SEA, Lucent Heart, and Legend of Edda

Last edited by PompousKristina; 04-14-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-13-2011   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Overrated: Every MMO.
Underrated: None.

04-13-2011   #3 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

Interesting choice of threads here.

This one is likely to be controversial too.

Anyways.

Overrated: Whatever F2P MMO is new and appears balanced: cause that RARELY stays consistent, after watching several MMOs through the years.

Underrated: I have no idea, hard to tell since all of them are the same.

04-13-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
La TaleLuna OnlineLegend of EddaIris Online

PompousKristina will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to PompousKristina
IGN: KristinaAims
Class: Gunslinger lt_gunslinger
Level: Lv. 90
Guild: RentaTale

Great. This thread just went straight to heck in just two close-minded posts. Someone, please just close this thread.:P

LaTale Username: KristinaOwns,
Legend of Edda Username: kristinanardone, Dragonica SEA Username: knardone,
Now playing: LaTale, Dragonica SEA, Lucent Heart, and Legend of Edda

Last edited by PompousKristina; 04-13-2011 at 07:08 PM.

04-13-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon SagaLegend of Edda

SereneSky is on a distinguished road
IGN: apricots // KaruLion
Class: Saint // Lion to_engineer

under-rated: Spiral Knights .. It reminds me of the old PS1 games and I'm impressed with their energy economy system : )

then again, i don't think it's meant to be a full-scale MMO like MS or LaTale.. : P

04-14-2011   #6 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahPaiEil
Great. This thread just went straight to heck in just two close-minded posts. Someone, please just close this thread.:P

You made a thread asking for people's opinions and you got it.

So 2 people's were negative, that's not close-minded:wanting to close this thread because of 2 opinions does sound close minded though. Accept that not everyone will have as positive a viewpoint as others.

Besides, not my fault I happen to see the same pattern over several MMOs.

04-14-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ragnarok OnlineGunboundTrickster OnlineIris Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorFacebook Fan

Nekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Beuregaurde
Class: Power to_boxer
Level: 1xx
Guild: Ignis Fatuus

Underrated: Ragnarok Online
Overrated: La Tale.

04-14-2011   #8 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Overrated: Truckstar, Latale, Maple Story, Ragnarok Online
Underrated: SPIRAL KNIGHTS

Not much of an MMO person nowadays anyways.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

04-14-2011   #9 (permalink)
Socially Awkward Penguin
Games
Cosmic BreakNostaleLa TaleGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

cornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Corneal35/CORNmecha
Class: Ruinwalker\Engistar lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19X/16X
Guild: StarOcean

overrated: WoW, maplestory,Trickster online, Dungeon Fighter Online, Runescape (yes i said runescape), Rumble fighter, im just gonna stop because the list is way to long it mostly comes down to what you like really

underrated: Latale, Nostale, Cosmic break, RO, Vindictus,

im gonna try spiral knights sounds kinda intresting

I tried spiral knights its fun and requires a level of teamwork only thing I hated was the enegry system only got the chance to play for like 2 hours before it was all drained x.x

Last edited by cornpirde35; 04-14-2011 at 08:08 PM.

04-14-2011   #10 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Overrated: I dunno, you all list Maplestory and WoW, but how much time have you really put in on those games? Most of you are probably just calling them overrated because you either just didn't enjoy it right off the bat, or don't have the money to put in for subscriptions/NX. I spent a long time playing Maplestory (several years, while I was still in high school) and it actually can be really fun if you put in the time, and have a good group of friends to play with. And WoW is the standard for all MMOs right now, hate you break your heart. No, I don't like WoW and I don't play it, but the fact is that Blizzard just got it right. That's why every time a big MMO comes out nowadays, articles about it tend to say, "Could it be the WoW killer?"

(I know some of you put in a good deal of time on one or both of these games. I was just generalizing.)

Underrated: DC Universe, Metal Assault, Spiral Knights

Vindictus isn't underrated, it's Nexon America's second most popular game (behind Maplestory). However, Metal Assault is a new game out by Aeria, and is very fun, but probably won't get near the userbase that it deserves, simply because it's being published by Aeria. Nothing against them, but they have a tendency to drive players away with poorly-handled events and expensive cash shop items. I would personally love if Nexon America picked up Metal Assault instead, since they would likely handle it much better, but the organization of the game is too similar to Dungeon Fighter.

And this is my warning to you, don't call people's opinions closed-minded just because they aren't the same as yours. It's pretty rude, and in this case comes off as instigation. Just be careful how you say things, alright?

04-14-2011   #11 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
Overrated: I dunno, you all list Maplestory and WoW, but how much time have you really put in on those games? Most of you are probably just calling them overrated because you either just didn't enjoy it right off the bat, or don't have the money to put in for subscriptions/NX. I spent a long time playing Maplestory (several years, while I was still in high school) and it actually can be really fun if you put in the time, and have a good group of friends to play with. And WoW is the standard for all MMOs right now, hate you break your heart. No, I don't like WoW and I don't play it, but the fact is that Blizzard just got it right. That's why every time a big MMO comes out nowadays, articles about it tend to say, "Could it be the WoW killer?"

(I know some of you put in a good deal of time on one or both of these games. I was just generalizing.)
Compared to some people on these boards, I've played WoW for a short period of time, but it's definitely not overrated for me. Just AMAZINGWTFBBQHAX, imo. Lives up to what people expect from a top-tier MMO.

But um.

Overrated: LaTale. Everyone's so hyped about it, and then it just plummets. May just not be the MMO for me, but eh.

Underrated: Transformice(so fun!)
and League of Legends. Love em RTS's

04-14-2011   #12 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Is it even proper to call a flash game an MMO I wonder.
( _ゝ`)

04-14-2011   #13 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

I hate LaTale, it's so overrated in my opinion. I also think Lunia and Elsword are overrated, those two are also extremely boring in my opinion.

League of Legends, Dragon Saga, MapleStory come off as underrated to me. Most of ggftw probably played MapleStory way back when it was ShitStory (aka hackers abound) and actually haven't tried it since Nexon stepped up their game.
League of Legends too hard for most people, and it's not for people who can't handle losing either.
Dragon Saga, idk, it's a little repetitive, but when I pick it up every now-and-then, I have a blast playing it.

05-09-2011   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

HanabiraKage is on a distinguished road
IGN: KazeYukii
Class: Explorer (Bow) lt_explorer
Level: 58
Guild: Aces

I don't find La Tale that fun...sure, it's entertaining for a while, but it all starts to go downhill around Lv5x when the grind starts to set in.

What the hell's with a game that goes from breezy -> grindy (Lv5x~80) -> breezy (Lv8x~100 or so) -> grindy (Lv100+) anyway? >.>

Currently busy due to college work...