ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Other MMO Games (http://ggftw.com/forum/other-mmo-games/)
-   -   Most Overrated and Underrrated MMOs in your Opinion (http://ggftw.com/forum/other-mmo-games/94655-most-overrated-underrrated-mmos-your-opinion.html)

PompousKristina 04-13-2011 04:34 PM

Most Overrated and Underrrated MMOs in your Opinion

What are the most overrated and underrated MMOs in your opinion? Here's mine.:py05:

Overrated: Maple Story, Runescape, and World of Warcraft

Underrated: Legend of Edda, Aion, and LaTale

Nihil679 04-13-2011 05:00 PM

Overrated: Every MMO.
Underrated: None.

Lime 04-13-2011 05:08 PM

Interesting choice of threads here.

This one is likely to be controversial too.

Anyways.

Overrated: Whatever F2P MMO is new and appears balanced: cause that RARELY stays consistent, after watching several MMOs through the years.

Underrated: I have no idea, hard to tell since all of them are the same.

PompousKristina 04-13-2011 08:01 PM

Great. This thread just went straight to heck in just two close-minded posts. Someone, please just close this thread.:P

SereneSky 04-14-2011 12:55 AM

under-rated: Spiral Knights .. It reminds me of the old PS1 games and I'm impressed with their energy economy system : )

then again, i don't think it's meant to be a full-scale MMO like MS or LaTale.. : P

Lime 04-14-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahPaiEil (Post 1511270)
Great. This thread just went straight to heck in just two close-minded posts. Someone, please just close this thread.:P

You made a thread asking for people's opinions and you got it.

So 2 people's were negative, that's not close-minded:wanting to close this thread because of 2 opinions does sound close minded though. Accept that not everyone will have as positive a viewpoint as others.

Besides, not my fault I happen to see the same pattern over several MMOs.

Nekcihc 04-14-2011 11:20 AM

Underrated: Ragnarok Online
Overrated: La Tale.

Dani 04-14-2011 11:48 AM

Overrated: Truckstar, Latale, Maple Story, Ragnarok Online
Underrated: SPIRAL KNIGHTS

Not much of an MMO person nowadays anyways.

cornpirde35 04-14-2011 01:39 PM

overrated: WoW, maplestory,Trickster online, Dungeon Fighter Online, Runescape (yes i said runescape), Rumble fighter, im just gonna stop because the list is way to long it mostly comes down to what you like really

underrated: Latale, Nostale, Cosmic break, RO, Vindictus,

im gonna try spiral knights sounds kinda intresting

I tried spiral knights its fun and requires a level of teamwork only thing I hated was the enegry system only got the chance to play for like 2 hours before it was all drained x.x

Harlequin 04-14-2011 02:50 PM

Overrated: I dunno, you all list Maplestory and WoW, but how much time have you really put in on those games? Most of you are probably just calling them overrated because you either just didn't enjoy it right off the bat, or don't have the money to put in for subscriptions/NX. I spent a long time playing Maplestory (several years, while I was still in high school) and it actually can be really fun if you put in the time, and have a good group of friends to play with. And WoW is the standard for all MMOs right now, hate you break your heart. No, I don't like WoW and I don't play it, but the fact is that Blizzard just got it right. That's why every time a big MMO comes out nowadays, articles about it tend to say, "Could it be the WoW killer?"

(I know some of you put in a good deal of time on one or both of these games. I was just generalizing.)

Underrated: DC Universe, Metal Assault, Spiral Knights

Vindictus isn't underrated, it's Nexon America's second most popular game (behind Maplestory). However, Metal Assault is a new game out by Aeria, and is very fun, but probably won't get near the userbase that it deserves, simply because it's being published by Aeria. Nothing against them, but they have a tendency to drive players away with poorly-handled events and expensive cash shop items. I would personally love if Nexon America picked up Metal Assault instead, since they would likely handle it much better, but the organization of the game is too similar to Dungeon Fighter.

And this is my warning to you, don't call people's opinions closed-minded just because they aren't the same as yours. It's pretty rude, and in this case comes off as instigation. Just be careful how you say things, alright?

HolyAbyssal 04-14-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1512196)
Overrated: I dunno, you all list Maplestory and WoW, but how much time have you really put in on those games? Most of you are probably just calling them overrated because you either just didn't enjoy it right off the bat, or don't have the money to put in for subscriptions/NX. I spent a long time playing Maplestory (several years, while I was still in high school) and it actually can be really fun if you put in the time, and have a good group of friends to play with. And WoW is the standard for all MMOs right now, hate you break your heart. No, I don't like WoW and I don't play it, but the fact is that Blizzard just got it right. That's why every time a big MMO comes out nowadays, articles about it tend to say, "Could it be the WoW killer?"

(I know some of you put in a good deal of time on one or both of these games. I was just generalizing.)

Compared to some people on these boards, I've played WoW for a short period of time, but it's definitely not overrated for me. Just AMAZINGWTFBBQHAX, imo. Lives up to what people expect from a top-tier MMO.

But um.

Overrated: LaTale. Everyone's so hyped about it, and then it just plummets. May just not be the MMO for me, but eh.

Underrated: Transformice(so fun!)
and League of Legends. Love em RTS's

Nihil679 04-14-2011 03:07 PM

Is it even proper to call a flash game an MMO I wonder.
( _ゝ`)

Tardar 04-14-2011 05:53 PM

I hate LaTale, it's so overrated in my opinion. I also think Lunia and Elsword are overrated, those two are also extremely boring in my opinion.

League of Legends, Dragon Saga, MapleStory come off as underrated to me. Most of ggftw probably played MapleStory way back when it was ShitStory (aka hackers abound) and actually haven't tried it since Nexon stepped up their game.
League of Legends too hard for most people, and it's not for people who can't handle losing either.
Dragon Saga, idk, it's a little repetitive, but when I pick it up every now-and-then, I have a blast playing it.

HanabiraKage 05-09-2011 04:49 AM

I don't find La Tale that fun...sure, it's entertaining for a while, but it all starts to go downhill around Lv5x when the grind starts to set in.

What the hell's with a game that goes from breezy -> grindy (Lv5x~80) -> breezy (Lv8x~100 or so) -> grindy (Lv100+) anyway? >.>