Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-16-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

bygamer is on a distinguished road
Default The WoW Discussion Thread

Here is the title.
WOW is one of the biggest MMORPG games online, and i didnt see wow on catalog, a little weird about it.

Last edited by Role; 03-09-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-16-2010   #2 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Because this place thrives on f2p games. There isn't much of a following for anything that costs money to play around here...I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

11-16-2010   #3 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Aion is P2P and had it's own forum section, which got downsized to a sub-forum.
WoW is (in my opinion) bigger than Aion, yet there is not even a sub-forum for it.
I don't really see the logic in that, but it'd be nice to see a WoW sub-forum, at the least. Especially now that I'm starting to pick it up with the 10-day trial; I'm pretty much bent on subscribing after Thanksgiving break.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

11-16-2010   #4 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

It all depends on how much activity arises from the community. Usually a thread pops us and picks up a lot of activity. We either notice the activity or few members request a section for it. If the new section grows, we'll bump it up. If the section loses its activity, we downsize it.

In other words, feel free to encourage active discussions about WoW. If it goes well, a section may be on its way. So far, no one took the initiative to make WoW active here.

11-16-2010   #5 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN, SCH

I was actually going to start a WoW thread with the upcoming release of Cataclysm (3 weeks!)

Right now I'm trying to get the achievements that will go away. Stuff like Ahn'Quiraj and Zul'Gurub becoming World Zones and no longer being raids. Our guild is also running GDKP Lich King runs because we all have our KS and people really want it before Cata removes the title.

Release event is pretty fun, running through saving the citizens of Orgrimmar from the elements. Except me and my boyfriend did looaaaads of the element bosses (tank que ftw) and got locked out of our ICC GDKP run as well as like 7 other people due to the "5 instances per hour" lockout.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

Last edited by Queen; 11-16-2010 at 12:42 PM.

11-16-2010   #6 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Game Forum Requests - ggFTW MMORPG and MMO Gamer Community

The answer is simple:

No one has asked for it
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

11-16-2010   #7 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute

If you guys want to get this started, let's get some discussion going. /o/

Quote:
Patch 4.0.3: The Shattering

Shortly before Cataclysm launches, Azeroth as you know it will be changed forever. Patch 4.0.3 will bring with it cataclysmic changes to the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Players will be able to find new and exciting sights to see and quests to do in the level 1-60 zones, all-new troll and gnome introductory experiences, redesigned capital cities, new race/class combinations, and more!

I haven't found any official patch notes, but it seems like they *may be* streamlining the horrible 1-58 experience. Will edit when I find more info, patch is making uni net explodeeeee.

Derp just found dem

Source: WoW -> Patch Notes -> Current Patch Notes
Quote:
General
  • Much of the data being downloaded in patch 4.0.3 will pave the way for the shattering of Azeroth shortly before the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm on December 7.
  • The leader of Wintergrasp raids can no longer kick players from the raid (this change will also apply to Tol Barad in Cataclysm).
  • When in a Looking For Dungeon group, using an instance portal to that instance will now take players to the Looking For Dungeon entrance point instead of the normal destination of that portal. This will make it easier to return to the instance after dying in an LFD group.
  • Honorable Kills are no longer awarded for killing players below level 5.

User Interface
  • Added pets to the new raid unit frames when displayed in party.
  • The default UI Scale has been altered so it will be set at a 1:1 pixel/texel ratio. This will result in a smaller UI appearance for higher resolution monitors.
  • Players may now adjust the local "Lag Tolerance" time for better precision of spell timing. This is an advanced-users-only feature found in the Interface Options (Combat) panel.

Bug Fixes
  • Macros now handle spell variant transitions better. For example, Trap Launcher causes a different version of Frost Trap to be cast. Previously the macro system was not handling this transition properly.
  • Queuing in Looking For Dungeon for a different wing of the instance a player is already in now works properly. For example, a party can now queue for Scarlet Monastery - Library after completing Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard.
  • Killing High Interrogator Gerstahn before killing Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in a Blackrock Depths - Upper City random Looking For Dungeon run will now provide the proper reward. This also applies to Archmage Arugal and the Crown Chemical Company bosses in Shadowfang Keep during the Love is in the Air holiday event.
  • Repeatedly inspecting other players should now function correctly.
  • Area heal-over-time effects should no longer cause players to stand up.
  • Male blood elves have received a crash course in dancing and now know to stop dancing when they run.
  • Drake mounts have gotten bored with gliding and will flap their wings again when flying forward.
  • Druid Flight Form now properly appears in the Spellbook before Expert Riding is learned.
  • Sunfire's damage-over-time effect now deals damage at the same rate as Moonfire's damage- over-time effect.
  • GM Ticket messages should now displace buff icons instead of obscuring them.

I predict more people will be sharing Cluck! in WG because they can't be kicked, ohohoho.

Last edited by Queen; 11-16-2010 at 01:33 PM.

11-17-2010   #8 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

Whoo, WoW threda!
Anyways, suppose I'll post a site that helps me with all my needs, WoW Insider - WoW News, Guides, and Analysis
'tis a pretty good site of bloggers 'bout WoW that I enjoy reading, they have class columns and such.

Anyways, 4.0.3a(the shattering; cata patch) is up on the PTR for all who wish to try it.

4.0.3 by itself isn't a standalone patch with much in it though, so sad ;_;

In other news: Blood DK Tanking in Outlands is sooo much fun. Hi soloing.

Last edited by HolyAbyssal; 11-17-2010 at 02:42 PM.

11-17-2010   #9 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

Yeah, I was really hoping the patch was 4.0.3a but sadly it was like, mostly bug fixes.

Apparently GearScore makes chat not show up, and what else..

oh right, Lootship (10m normal/HM at least) is bugged, which sucks cause we were doing 11/12 HMs and metas. ;_;

And they lowered the dual spec cost to 100g. I spent 3k in dual specs D:

11-17-2010   #10 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future

I ordered the WoW+Burning Crusade bundle on Amazon today. It was to buy WoW and get BC for free. I was happy. Also, I got free 2-day shipping with my campus email. It comes with 30-days of subscription time, right?

11-17-2010   #11 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

Yeah, you start with 30 days off the bat. WoW imo is pretty cheap, it's just the expansions that cost money. But the BC combo is a steal. To buy it all now may be a little pricey with their latest expansion coming out now in three weeks, but the good news is you won't have to buy a new expansion for like 1.5-2 years after this, lol.

What faction do you plan on playing?

11-18-2010   #12 (permalink)
.png
Games

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold

PLAY ALLI PLAY ALLI

To be completely honest, I don't care which one you join, as long as you have fun.

Anyways, if you buy WotLK and Cataclysm online, you get a 15% discount, decreases it from $80 to like $67.

'tis a great deal imo.

11-18-2010   #13 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

I actually bought all the expansions sans WotLK online and the download didn't work.

Thankfully my boyfriend had the discs so I didn't need to rebuy them :U My OS is Win7 64x, I'm not sure if it's OS incompatibility stuff but I suggest so security you buy them in-person if you can :v Cause my boyfriend was charged before the download began and it didn't even work so ~___~

My Cata be on reserve at a nearby GameStop

11-18-2010   #14 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzuumi
Yeah, you start with 30 days off the bat. WoW imo is pretty cheap, it's just the expansions that cost money. But the BC combo is a steal. To buy it all now may be a little pricey with their latest expansion coming out now in three weeks, but the good news is you won't have to buy a new expansion for like 1.5-2 years after this, lol.

What faction do you plan on playing?
Lv 15 Troll Hunter right now~

11-18-2010   #15 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

I have a troll hunter as well Hunters are pretty fun because of the vast amount of pets you can tame, it can get pretty addicting. Especially now that they've increased he stable size

11-18-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

7hatGuy will become famous soon enough
IGN: Azumish, Horvash, Gelive
Class: Templar, Gunslinger, Meister lt_templar
Level: 139, 95, 84
Guild: GoldenDawn

Quote:
Apparently GearScore makes chat not show up, and what else..
*hiss*

They should make anyone who mentions GearScore just automatically disconnect. One of the reasons I stopped playing was because my hiatus put me behind everyone else on the gear curve.

As a result, one of my guildies told me how one of the tanks was a friggin' idiot tanking in ICC. The only reason he was in there was because he had ICC gear, which doesn't freakin' mean shit. I facepalmed so hard and I just knew that it was time to stop playing since it was a waste of time and I would never catch up.

GearScore: Making aspects of the game that make you a good player completely trivial and obsolete

There's a list there. It's up to date, even though the picture hates all living things and may be fidgety when trying to update to my updates -_-

Touhou Conquests:
EoSD: Normal
PCB : Normal
IN: Normal
MoF: Normal

11-18-2010   #17 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

GearScore has it's uses. And it's really easy to get gear these days, even easier with JPs almost because as soon as you start heroics you can get T10 (no more Frost farming, though I hear there will be a higher tier form of JP during the Cata release, perhaps permanent). And honestly, WoW is sink or swim. If you have a high gear score and you suck terribly you'll be kicked from the group.

We took a disc priest in mostly T9 to LK and you know what? He talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk so we booted his ass. Honest to god I've never seen the plague get THAT bad.

We were doing HM Marrow and this hunter wasn't stacking nearly as close as he should have been, so bone spikes were a *****, but we kept him for the time being... and then we went to do ToGC 10 and he got hit by Icehowl so we kicked him.

And if you do take a hiatus, you should also expect to gear up for the newer raids :v And if there's no GearScore, people will just start using Average Item Level, since it's really the same thing or some variation. Or just armory them.

And to do ICC you should have mostly 245s, because that was the highest item level before ICC was released. And like I said, if you have no skill the raid leader should have the balls to kick you and eventually you'll have no choice but the get skill.

I also heard there are servers where GearScore literally doesn't exist.

11-19-2010   #18 (permalink)
.png
Games

Quote:
GearScore has it's uses. And it's really easy to get gear these days, even easier with JPs almost because as soon as you start heroics you can get T10 (no more Frost farming, though I hear there will be a higher tier form of JP during the Cata release, perhaps permanent). And honestly, WoW is sink or swim. If you have a high gear score and you suck terribly you'll be kicked from the group.

We took a disc priest in mostly T9 to LK and you know what? He talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk so we booted his ass. Honest to god I've never seen the plague get THAT bad.

We were doing HM Marrow and this hunter wasn't stacking nearly as close as he should have been, so bone spikes were a *****, but we kept him for the time being... and then we went to do ToGC 10 and he got hit by Icehowl so we kicked him.

And if you do take a hiatus, you should also expect to gear up for the newer raids :v And if there's no GearScore, people will just start using Average Item Level, since it's really the same thing or some variation. Or just armory them.

And to do ICC you should have mostly 245s, because that was the highest item level before ICC was released. And like I said, if you have no skill the raid leader should have the balls to kick you and eventually you'll have no choice but the get skill.

Gearscore is a decent addon, but fawking newbs who use it for anything, don't look at stats, and all that sheet deserve to get kicked in the face. twice.

tbh, skeel>all

11-19-2010   #19 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

During Thanksgiving/day after, WoW Battlechest is supposedly $10 at K-Mart/Best Buy. Grab Cataclysm and WotLK during the Christmas Sales and you're set, if anyone wants to get into WoW (US only derp derp sorry).

11-19-2010   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

7hatGuy will become famous soon enough
IGN: Azumish, Horvash, Gelive
Class: Templar, Gunslinger, Meister lt_templar
Level: 139, 95, 84
Guild: GoldenDawn

Quote:
Servers where gearscore doesn't exist... *dies foaming at the mouth*

Honestly I wouldn't mind having to gear up new raids if I was given the chance.

To reemphasize problem I had, given the chance. One group I was in ToC25, RL asked me what my gearscore was, told him I had no idea. He asked me if I was going to put on my real gear (implying that the only gear I had from uld25 was a joke), I told him that it was my gear.

Next thing I know I'm not in the raid group anymore, and he promptly called me a n00b for having non ToC/ICC gear...

There's a list there. It's up to date, even though the picture hates all living things and may be fidgety when trying to update to my updates -_-

Touhou Conquests:
EoSD: Normal
PCB : Normal
IN: Normal
MoF: Normal