Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-15-2011   #441 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

Almost the weeeekend! I can feel it, and will be on tonight. Hopefully I can get past outlands this weekend, and then I just have wotlk ;_;

but nice kevin, seems legit. c:

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-15-2011   #442 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitara
When spending Valor, it should always be in this order:

Chest > Anything that's a big upgrade besides hands/legs> repeat until legs/hands are last > legs/hands last.

The reason why is, you can get the legs/hands for free from BH.

I've decided to main my druid. I hate healing 5mans though. We have no "oh shit" buttons when it gets hairy, we most certainly heal better in a raiding environment.

Anyhow, Kevin you should definitely get the chest first cause that chest is bad for you :c The PvP stuff is nice for the ilvl, but for healers it sucks because you lose out of a second secondary stat.

For purchasing JP items, got for the tier with the biggest upgrade, then the second (as to get 2piece), then go for any epics that give the next biggest.

You should've saved your JP on that belt that's a rep faction that gives a 359 belt q_p

/ocd on gearing
ohh, haha. I was actually wondering about a certain order to gear, but oh well. I just thought to upgrade pants first 'cause it's more of an upgrade stat-wise. Either or is fine, though. I mean, I haven't spent the points yet.

359 belt? Do tell me which faction so I can start grinding rep!

edit: yep. The pants give me like, +100 INT while the chest gives me +30. That's without taking into account the tailor enchant and gems I can put into either one. Not to mention another 100 Spirit and some Haste.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

Last edited by kuyaBaka; 09-15-2011 at 10:41 PM.

09-16-2011   #443 (permalink)
.png
Games

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold

Cataclysm - Factions - World of Warcraft
cata factions, look around for different rewards you can use.

good epix for u
Sun King's Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft
Yellow Smoke Pendant - Item - World of Warcraft
World Keeper's Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft

there's also the avengers of hyjal stuff, but requires firelands trash runs for the cape/boss kills for errythang else

Flowing Flamewrath Cape - Item - World of Warcraft
Belt of the Seven Seals - Item - World of Warcraft
Infernal Signet of the Avengers - Item - World of Warcraft
Quicksilver Signet of the Avengers - Item - World of Warcraft
Fiery Quintessence - Item - World of Warcraft
Rune of Zeth - Item - World of Warcraft

..that.

09-16-2011   #444 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Priest
Level: 90

Kevin, DO YOU HAVE ATLASLOOT?

If not, GET IT. e

There's all the faction rewards and you can view all the tiers etc. DO IT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T.

It's a big upgrade, but just think... do you want to get that 2.2k VP again, for the chest, which is the only Tier you can get with JUST VP (gloves and legs can come from Occu'thar, head and shoulders are only from FLs), or get into BH.

Well, how do you get into BH? They all ask for chievs?

You lie, lie like the dirty rogue you are in your heart.

But you do it well, of course.

[Cata] Baradin Hold Tankspot Boss Fight Videos (Occu'thar is the current tier's boss)

Always research fights before you start lying to get into runs, always say you're an alt, you have this chiev, it's faceroll, whatever. You can get your ilvl to 360 without touching a raid, so don't fret! Chest, ZA/ZG helm/shoulders, T11 3piece, at least one JP trinket, daily gear... and more!

If you want to raid, you gotta try. BH raids are lenient, and not really raids, they're designed to be easy so non-hardcore raiders can do eet.

They occasionally fail, but that's what you gotta deal with. Our Hpall just got her legs from a BH 20 run.

There's 10 and 20 (25m is so easy we do 20m "class runs", where you have 2 of each class at most and if you're something nice like a pally which has 3 specs chances are someone won't need your gear)

If you do a 20m and they add another hpall who also wants gear, feel free to leave. You don't have to put up with it.

If I remember more, I will add more.

Kebin should research BoT, BoT is nice and easy <3

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

09-18-2011   #445 (permalink)
.png
Games

Quote:

You lie, lie like the dirty rogue you are in your heart.
I can do that

also
Spoiler!

09-19-2011   #446 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future

Yo', yo' Anton.
Quote:
Right now leveling and gearing up alts takes a significant amount of time and investment. Are there any improvements coming in this area?
Ghostcrawler: In 4.3, we’re actually increasing the leveling rate of Northrend pretty dramatically. We’re dropping the time it takes by a third. The players should notice that. Long-term we recognize that we definitely are going to have a problem at some point. If World of Warcraft’s character level is like 120 someday, it is asking an awful lot of players to hurry through all of that to get to the endgame if that is what they are interested in. We’re taking about various mechanics we might eventually do to help out with that, but in the short-term, just increase leveling rate in Northrend.
Source: MMO-Champion - Patch 4.3 Interview with Greg Street (Ghostcrawler)

then the new dungeons, then the new looking for raid finder, and and and and -- I think I'm quite excited for this patch.

Last edited by kuyaBaka; 09-19-2011 at 09:26 AM.

09-19-2011   #447 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute

I can't pug a BWD, BoT, or Throne to save my life right now on my druid. I just want some 359's for my feral set that doesn't involve grinding massive amounts of JP to get... k?

I just want to kill stuff faster when I do my dailies, dammit.

Also LFRaid will apply to the Battle.Net cross-server grouping.

I just don't want 4.3 to come out soon, still muddling through 4.2 content and we hope to progress to 3/7 or 4/7 tonight... granted people actually research fight mechanics. Our paladin healer and myself are malcontent.

09-19-2011   #448 (permalink)
.png
Games

Quote:
I can't pug a BWD, BoT, or Throne to save my life right now on my druid. I just want some 359's for my feral set that doesn't involve grinding massive amounts of JP to get... k?

I just want to kill stuff faster when I do my dailies, dammit.

Also LFRaid will apply to the Battle.Net cross-server grouping.

I just don't want 4.3 to come out soon, still muddling through 4.2 content and we hope to progress to 3/7 or 4/7 tonight... granted people actually research fight mechanics. Our paladin healer and myself are malcontent.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
MMO-Champion - Patch 4.3 Interview with Greg Street (Ghostcrawler))
Interview with Greg Street, AKA Ghostcrawler
Patch 4.3 Dungeons Preview, Part One: End Time - World of Warcraft
Patch 4.3 Dungeons Preview, Part Two: Well of Eternity - World of Warcraft

SO. HYPED. UP.

09-19-2011   #449 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

No valor tier 13 sucks.

That is all.

09-19-2011   #450 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

khadfas. I went to the library to play some WoW in a air-conditioned room. Found out that they recently blocked WoW from the campus wifi. sadfaec.

also, i just found out that using avenging wrath makes hammer of wrath available at any time. I've been DPSing as ret the completely wrong way for AGES now.

Last edited by kuyaBaka; 09-19-2011 at 07:04 PM.

09-19-2011   #451 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

I don't like colleges than ban WoW, private schools I can kind of see... but colleges? These people are adults, let em pick how they spend their time, eh?

Another night of wiping on Beth'tilac and convincing our RL we can't simply heal through P2 stacking damage without a dps up top to get her down to 80% before P2.

The life of a healer.

09-19-2011   #452 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

sucks to be raid heals.
How's tank healing, btw? Any experience with that? I would think it's a ton easier, right?

Also, anyone know the ETA on 4.3? I wanna start shopping around for transmorgification equips.

09-19-2011   #453 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

Druid 5mans is kind of hectic because we have no real oh shit buttons, if a tank sucks it's like impossible to keep him alive.

The concept of rotating cds to a lot of people is a foreign concept. I had a 5man dk that was so ****ing squishy that I couldn't take it anymore. I had a druid tank who stayed up for the hymn in HoO and didn't help with levers after we yelled at him to come over, didn't use any cc for having no mitigation, so I had to leave.

Raid healing is a lot easier and a lot harder, especially on Beth'tilac. Our demo locks eats hellfire way too much and I kinda wish he'd let up but we need the dps. I keep lifebloom and rejuv up on tanks and they always stay up fine. Tank healers help with raid healing, tanks don't take that much damage if they're good at managing their cds, and dbm yells at you when bad things happen so preparing for a hit is pretty easy.

Raid healing is probably way harder, especially on fights like shannox and beth'tilac (no experience with the others pfft), there's so much farking aoe damage going out, it's stupid.

On a final note, sh*** tanks gtfo the RDF, I'm tired of you not knowing that tank cds are there for a reason.

09-19-2011   #454 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

I've only had one crappy tank using LFD on heroics (Cata and Zu/Za). Managed to make it out alive (barely) thanks to my CDs and our DK's battle-ress. But then again, I feel like these heroic dungeons have been repeated so many times-- it's a shock as to see a tank who doesn't even run down to help with hymm comes up. Idk. I never had that problem.

09-19-2011   #455 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

There are a lot of bad tanks out there, I just happen to get them all.

I had a beautiful deadmines run. Tank had like 157k HP, but boy, he knew how to tank well.

And that's when it becomes apparent where skill comes into play, when the 160k HP tank knows how to mitigate and can mitigate better than a geared 180k+ HP tank.

My one big tank CD heal is Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch... one a 3min cd.

Sure there's tree, but again, more towards raid heals.

Tranquility? Raid heals.

5mans hate my druid, I might honestly just start dpsing em (Zg/Za at least), 5mans I can usually end up handling.

But it just sucks if the tank sucks. Takes all the fun out of healing.

09-19-2011   #456 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Crown of Empowered Fate - Item - World of Warcraft

-- i want this for 4.3. ; ;

Yeah, a few months ago when I played WoW with a friend of mine back home he rolled a resto druid. Granted, we just hit like, 16-17 and queued for a few dungeons. Started out pretty well until we hit SFK. He was flustering around trying to tank heal the pistol barrage, but couldn't. Wiped so many times until I decided to switch from ele shammy to resto, lol.

Druid heals appeal to me, but then I just keep thinking about trying to heal 5mans instead of some kind of raid-environment where the AEs and HoTs help out a ton. Makes me love my hpaly and resto shammy a lot more.

09-20-2011   #457 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

If I knew what heals druids had around level 20, I could help more with how to improve.

5man druid healing is pretty much casting Lifebloom and Rejuv on your tank and refreshing it with a nourish if he's pretty topped off or a Healing Touch if not. Use your mastery proc after refreshing to cast Wild Growth, and I usually keep the tank swiftmended for efflorescence on every trash pull because it's that much less I gotta heal should crap happen.

If someone does something stupid, the tank loses aggro and a dps takes a hit, or the tank doesn't mitigate well and drops like a rock, then what usually happens is using regrowth to get em out of the extreme red, get your HoTs on so long as they won't die in the process, and get em up over 50% with a Healing Touch.

In extreme extreme emergencies (ie a Boss), use Nature's Swiftness+Healing Touch macro'd together for a super quick big heal that goes for like 60k+ (for me at least).

If dps does something dumb in a boss fight, it's regrowth spam till you know they won't die in a hit and rinse wash repeat.

It's easy to run a druid oom if your group lacks skill... even reg Cata Heroics that I'm stupidly overgeared for.

(writing that out helped me more solidify healing techniques <3)

If your buddy ever wanted to continue druid healing, those are the best pointers I can give and he can adapt them to his current level.

Oh, and I HAAATE our demo warlock. Yes, I know Hellfire is like crack to your dps. Please don't Hellfire unnecessarily, it's dropping your health to like 2 and you won't stop and there's SO MUCH RAID HEALS THIS FIGHT.

09-20-2011   #458 (permalink)
.png
Games

Quote:
No valor tier 13 sucks.

That is all.
They did say that there is no valor t13, but in the same sentence they said that they are going to have items that rival t13 in the valor vendor, for more slots.

So a tradeoff.

09-20-2011   #459 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games

eh but set bonus is everything. That's why I laughed at people who bought the 264 frost shit instead of the tier 10 in wrath, cause then they regrinded for their tier.

It's like you grind for it just to replace it, it's like eh.

09-20-2011   #460 (permalink)
.png
Games

Quote:
eh but set bonus is everything. That's why I laughed at people who bought the 264 frost shit instead of the tier 10 in wrath, cause then they regrinded for their tier.

It's like you grind for it just to replace it, it's like eh.
Hey, at least "casuals" won't be complaining about the lack of the 4pc bonus without raiding. lol