Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-06-2011   #1 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru
Default Temporary MMORPG

So, I need something to play other than Dragon Nest during my downtime from League of Legends. Not playing DN right now because I'm already capped and lazy as **** to farm, especially considering Cerberus is apparently a waste of time in normal and requires a party in Hell. And I hate starting new characters.
  • Don't care if there's grinding.
  • In fact, I prefer it, because it usually implies soloing in fields.
  • Speaking of soloing, I want a solo-friendly game. I'm looking for a game that DOESN'T require a party to play.
  • Don't care if I've played it before, at least it will refresh my memory on what I wouldn't mind retrying.
  • PVE, PVP, PK, GW, etc., don't care. Bonus if it has PVP/PK though, bonus^bonus if it has little to no punishment for PK.
  • Free. Meaning I don't need $50 in cash shop to grind efficiently.
  • Bonus if the game is appealing to look at.

Currently what I might go back to:
  • Ragnarok official... yeah...

Can't play: Anything that uses Xtrap. It breaks my Skype. **** that noise.

Last edited by Nihil679; 11-06-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-06-2011   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

I know this feeling. I might actually be starting on Everquest sometime soon, since even after all these years the game is still getting relevant updates and is still going very strong.

That being said, I guess I'd recommend one of the following: Flyff, DC Universe, Rappelz, Hellgate, or Prius. Ragnarok is a good choice too, but the game's been around so long... Possibly Dragonica? They just received a huge update, after all.

But yeah, I've played all those games at some point, they're all pretty good, but I obviously just don't have the same amount of time to dedicate to games as I used to. The only one I listed that I still occasionally log on to is DC Universe, so I can attest to the fact that the game itself is fairly fun, although the content is pretty lackluster once you hit level cap.

11-06-2011   #3 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Thing about Dragonica is that I don't find it solo-friendly. The dungeons are annoying as hell to solo.
The new classes don't seem at all appealing either. Martial artists, cool, but I don't like the duo thing. And shamans, eh.
I'll keep it in mind.

Flyff, blech.
DCUO, eh.
Rappelz is still around? How's that?
Hellgate is an MMO?
I think I ragequit Prius for some reason...

WELL, I downloaded Ragnarok again for the time being. Now to spend an entire day pondering what class to play. Still welcoming more games.

11-06-2011   #4 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

From your choice of DN, I assume you like comboing?

Elsword is another game where comboing is at its best. Of course from me it's slightly biased but it's good to still try.

fyi it has a patch this Wednesday

Also Rusty Hearts is another good game with comboing stuff.

Both are dungeon solo-friendly. Elsword gets a bit grindy around Lv26-33 though. Rusty Hearts, not so much grinding, just keep doing dungeons and the story quests. You do the stages repetitively for 3-4 times, but it doesn't really matter when you have cool attacks and skills to do. It's almost a stable leveling system tbh.

edit: I think Elsword uses Xtrap lol. Idk about Rusty Hearts.

11-06-2011   #5 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

Currently looking for a new mmo too.
Would love to play DN but I'm in the UK.

Flyff might be worth a look in a week or so.
They are having their V18 update, adding new area's dungeons, etc.
Even re-healing some of the old systems like the drop penalty's they had for being over the level of mobs.
But.. it's flyff lol

I was playing Ragnarok recently and don't recommend it.
It's a bit of a mess, gold spammers in every town, army's of farming bots left completely untouched for days and even weeks on end.
It's also a very old game so you have a few guilds full of elitist people with god gears that have about a 5 year head start on you.

I wouldn't mind trying forsaken world if I could get the damn thing past the patcher, I always get an error and haven't had much help from their tech support.

/shrugs

11-06-2011   #6 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

How is getting level 32 epic crests a waste of time? (Normal cerb runs)

Dragon eggs are coming out soon... so you can get better Wings and mounts. (Chaos mode dungeons)

11-06-2011   #7 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKShota
From your choice of DN, I assume you like comboing?

Elsword is another game where comboing is at its best. Of course from me it's slightly biased but it's good to still try.

fyi it has a patch this Wednesday

Also Rusty Hearts is another good game with comboing stuff.

Both are dungeon solo-friendly. Elsword gets a bit grindy around Lv26-33 though. Rusty Hearts, not so much grinding, just keep doing dungeons and the story quests. You do the stages repetitively for 3-4 times, but it doesn't really matter when you have cool attacks and skills to do. It's almost a stable leveling system tbh.

edit: I think Elsword uses Xtrap lol. Idk about Rusty Hearts.
Elsword and Rusty Hearts uses Xtrap. 100% of the reason I don't play them. Otherwise I would be.

I don't really care about combos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLMewmew
How is getting level 32 epic crests a waste of time? (Normal cerb runs)

Dragon eggs are coming out soon... so you can get better Wings and mounts. (Chaos mode dungeons)
BECAUSE NO ONE IS ON WHEN I'M ON TO DO RUNS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11-07-2011   #8 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Elsword and Rusty Hearts uses Xtrap. 100% of the reason I don't play them. Otherwise I would be.

I don't really care about combos.

BECAUSE NO ONE IS ON WHEN I'M ON TO DO RUNS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Well sorry, I'm pretty much not on for the reason you are. If you manage to find a decent game tell me, I might just join you considering how bored I am.

11-07-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Rusty Hearts.

11-07-2011   #10 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
Rusty Hearts.
Someone doesn't read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilica
Well sorry, I'm pretty much not on for the reason you are. If you manage to find a decent game tell me, I might just join you considering how bored I am.
Playing Ragnarok Online official right now if that means anything.

11-07-2011   #11 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

Maplestory, derp. Also Grand Chase.

11-07-2011   #12 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
Maplestory, derp. Also Grand Chase.
God, Maplestory... I don't even know anymore. Left again after the giant Big Bang hype. Don't know about this.

I've been keeping my eyes on Grand Chase with the BR character. I might come back depending on how she looks.

11-07-2011   #13 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

derp, idk.

11-07-2011   #14 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naps

derp, idk.
Oh man, Space Cowboys Air Rivals Ace Online. I haven't played that since it left gpotato.
How is it now? Anything new? I actually wouldn't mind trying it again, I loved the thing back when I played it.

11-08-2011   #15 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of

gameplay pretty much the same, new content

i havent played in a while

11-09-2011   #16 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Oh man, Space Cowboys Air Rivals Ace Online. I haven't played that since it left gpotato.
How is it now? Anything new? I actually wouldn't mind trying it again, I loved the thing back when I played it.
Yeah, it's had a fair amount of content. It just released the 3.5 patch, which brought Infinity Field 3. Some awesome stuff comes from there apparently, I wouldn't know. I just read the PR and write the articles.

And as for Rappelz, yeah it's still around. I haven't touched it in about 2 years so I can't give any sort of information about it, but from some of the PR I've read it's looking pretty good. I was tempted to play it, but the game was such a stereotypical MMO, I just don't feel like it.

And yeah, Hellgate is an MMO. It actually looks like something I would want to try, if I felt like I had enough spare time to dive into another game.

Hellgate - MMORPG Games - ggFTW - ggFTW

HELLGATE

Hellgate Halloween Celebration - ggFTW MMORPG Community

I've also just gotten into the test for Star Wars The Old Republic, so I'll let you know how that is.

11-09-2011   #17 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

4x exp events on ace online, i dont even...lol