Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-21-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

sleeptalk is on a distinguished road
Default Whats better, great graphics or great game play for a game?

well i've been trying to find a game that i can stay on for a very long time just like super mario 3 or bomberman on old school console.

now is the time of MMO games. so i would like to ask what others like most

Graphic of the game or the game play it self?

i played WoA which has great graphics, it smooth, glossy and everything that makes your eyes droll but it lacks a bit of game play.

i played cabal where game play is intense in a sense but graphics is a bit too flashy.

so what would you prefer? i had fun playing both games.

if there are any games suggestion feel free to comment ^_^

thanks

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-22-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Blackraven13 is on a distinguished road

yo dude i think ive seen that photo of yours somewhere. whats your name in woa?

09-18-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

AyaNinna is on a distinguished road
Guild: Armada

For me, I'd go for gameplay. I'm playing Uncharted Waters Online now and I got to say, the graphics isn't something that would make you say 'Wow!', but the gameplay and the IG features got me addicted.

09-20-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Frauleigne is on a distinguished road
IGN: Codexxx

Gameplay! I played Ragnarok Online for 4 years and it's 2d. I just love everything about it - from headgears, to homunculus, to jobs, to War of Emperium.

Also with UWO (Uncharted Waters OL), the graphics isn't all that eye candy, but the quests, storyline and pirate-killing feature of the game keep me hooked.
~ Benjamin Franklin

09-22-2011   #5 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Gameplay definitely.

I play(ed) Lunia which is cartoony/kiddy looking to some people, but it was fun! And I also play Vindictus which is more realistic graphics, but it was fun too, so graphics definitely don't matter to me as long as the game is fun and will want me playing it 24/7 lol.

09-22-2011   #6 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Gameplay, by far.

Dofus has kept me playing for years and years again. It's got dated graphics, but the turn-based combat system and heavy reliance on profession-made equipment makes it such an intricate game to play. The rush of a new server, knowing that the economy is yours' for the while plowing through profession levels, really gets my blood pumping and me wanting to play more and more.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

09-22-2011   #7 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Graphics improve the game, but doesn't make the game.
Gameplay is more important than visuals in my eyes. I'd take a simple looking game with addicting gameplay over a game that's all flash and no substance any day.

09-25-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

If you want good graphics, watch a Pixar movie. But yeah, I think gameplay>graphics is a no-brainer.