ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Osamodas (http://ggftw.com/forum/osamodas/)
-   -   Summonings (http://ggftw.com/forum/osamodas/27854-summonings.html)

Lilica 11-14-2008 09:37 AM

Summonings

How do I heal them if they're dead?
Also....
How do I get a new one if I dun like my current one?

Beato 11-14-2008 04:39 PM

You resummon them after that battle, but they will start with low hp and you must heal them.

If you don't like your current one, click on that black starfish thing, right-click on pet icon, and choose the first box that appears. The other box allows you to change your pet's name only once.

Lilica 11-14-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neli (Post 574701)
You resummon them after that battle, but they will start with low hp and you must heal them.

If you don't like your current one, click on that black starfish thing, right-click on pet icon, and choose the first box that appears. The other box allows you to change your pet's name only once.

Murrrrr summons suck ;_;.I'm relying on tricking the stupid computers AI to level now.Crow has phail range.......and is phailing at leveling...

Beato 11-14-2008 09:20 PM

I caught a level twelve gobball when I was level two because the AI is reallly that stoopid. However, the gobball become Lv 2 as well due to limits. Leveling Seduction is the only hampering toward summoning because it becomes really hard to level compared to other spells and the only way to get the second monster slot is to get it to level twenty five.

Earth Osa is the only path toward dependable soloing without counting on summons. However, it's first spell is really horrible.

kuyaBaka 11-14-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neli (Post 575049)
I caught a level twelve gobball when I was level two because the AI is reallly that stoopid. However, the gobball become Lv 2 as well due to limits. Leveling Seduction is the only hampering toward summoning because it becomes really hard to level compared to other spells and the only way to get the second monster slot is to get it to level twenty five.

Earth Osa is the only path toward dependable soloing without counting on summons. However, it's first spell is really horrible.

How viable would a STR Summoning Osa be?

Beato 11-14-2008 10:53 PM

It would be hard because the focus on the Support branch upon summoning and maintaining summons, the ever-present option of keeping a near level combat skills, the lack of advanced pet control, and the Earth branch has a lack of range whatsoever.

Fire and Air are better branches for pet control and using ranged attacks and why Fire Crow is the most popular means is because it does not require a Line of Sight to hit targets.

kuyaBaka 11-15-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neli (Post 575233)
It would be hard because the focus on the Support branch upon summoning and maintaining summons, the ever-present option of keeping a near level combat skills, the lack of advanced pet control, and the Earth branch has a lack of range whatsoever.

Fire and Air are better branches for pet control and using ranged attacks and why Fire Crow is the most popular means is because it does not require a Line of Sight to hit targets.

Fire's support spells only work at a percentage. It's not until Lv 100 will they reach 100%
DX

Not sure about Air's support.

The only reason why I mentioned earth was not to capitalize on summoning, but power. The summon is just there to serve as a companion -- maybe one who can heal, tank, or buff/debuff. In battle, you'll be doing most of the damage, not sitting back healing your Gobbal.

Beato 11-15-2008 08:30 AM

Yes, if you've been listening to anything I've been saying, you're going to be low on that power. Using summons in any way would greatly hamper an Earth build (even Fire and combat) especially if a dependent role is attached to the pet.
If you have a summon, you will have to heal it for it to be useful and since not only does Caress' heal rate sucks, a lot of focus on the Support branch, but Monster and pet AI is notoriously flawed and any dependence on them is much wasted.

Lilica 11-15-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neli (Post 575641)
Yes, if you've been listening to anything I've been saying, you're going to be low on that power. Using summons in any way would greatly hamper an Earth build (even Fire and combat) especially if a dependent role is attached to the pet.
If you have a summon, you will have to heal it for it to be useful and since not only does Caress' heal rate sucks, a lot of focus on the Support branch, but Monster and pet AI is notoriously flawed and any dependence on them is much wasted.

This is the only reason why I can't use summons,when I capture them,they're usually at 1-10 health and I'd have to heal it with caress only to have it get taken down again.

Beato 11-15-2008 09:03 AM

A lot of Osa fight against really weak mobs to have a chance to heal their pets.

Lilica 11-15-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neli (Post 575675)
A lot of Osa fight against really weak mobs to have a chance to heal their pets.

Its the weekend in france,all the weak mobs are dead and I'm lagging like hell.So I'll play later...

Beato 11-15-2008 10:24 AM

As long as your away from Astrub, you'd frequently find a weak mob.

kuyaBaka 11-15-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neli (Post 575641)

Wet Gobbals know when to heal themselves. In fact, from what I've heard from other people, they will always heal when they have nothing else to do in combat.