Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-03-2010   #1 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory
Default Japan loses World Cup 2022 Bid

Quote:
Look, we don't know anything about World Cup bids. They probably have a lot to do with "infrastructure" and "taking turns" and stuff like that. But really, world? You couldn't pick Japan just this once? Japan's incredibly great 2022 World Cup bid involved projecting 3D holograms of the games live onto soccer football fields around the world, allowing folks that can't make it to Japan for the actual games to get a pretty great simulacrum, while standing next to people that look like them and are probably rooting for the same team. "I have to admit that the idea of this blows my mind away," said Japan's committee chief Kohzo Tashima. Did you get that, world? Japan was offering you 3D holographic full field broadcasts, and you just turned a cold shoulder. Congrats, Qatar, we hope you're happy with 2022, and we're sure you earned it based on whatever arbitrary metrics FIFA uses to select World Cup countries. But you'll never earn our hearts. Video of Japan's bid is after the break.

via World disappoints us once again: Japan loses 2022 3D holographic World Cup bid -- Engadget

WHY FIFA!!! WHY!!!

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

Last edited by kag; 12-03-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-03-2010   #2 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Your country is too far advanced, it will make others look like garbage, so we'll use lesser countries so people visiting won't feel bad of their own countries.

12-03-2010   #3 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

NGHHGGGGGHHHHhhhh.

--Frenchbread is

12-03-2010   #4 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowiz
Your country is too far advanced, it will make others look like garbage, so we'll use lesser countries so people visiting won't feel bad of their own countries.
This..

Beside.. I never seen Japan team in World Cup before. o-o

12-06-2010   #5 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

They were just this year, lol. Lost to Paraguay at Round of 16.

| Adventus |

12-06-2010   #6 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Reinshiki
IGN: Reinshiki
Class: Amy, Arme, Ryan and Mari.
Level: What's the point? GC now so easy.

I know nuts about things like this, but too bad.

They lose out by turning away Japan.

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.
- To save yourself unnecessary trouble, read the forum rules.

12-06-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

Probably FIFA didn't choose Japan because they think that Japan is aiming too high.

What a waste though.

12-06-2010   #8 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

what the hell man

i don't even like soccer and i think that's ****ing awesome

12-06-2010   #9 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

The video oddly made me warm and fluffy... GAH PRETTY TECHNOLOGY! (Even though i'm no World Cup fan...)

12-06-2010   #10 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

I'd never expect that kind of technology during my lifetime, and so soon too. It's kinda doubtful IMO that they could have come up with that kind of stuff 12 years from now, but what would I know? It feels so far away.

12-06-2010   #11 (permalink)
aeiou
Special
Games
La TaleVindictusShattered GalaxyRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

xdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to xdgr
IGN: xdgr
Class: dubbls lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Puella Magi

it's an attractive idea. especially dat TECHNOLOGY... yet I just don't know what FIFA sees when making their choices. would've loved to see this video again in 11 years or so and tell myself "wow, those jp's really did it", but unfortunately ... orz