Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-14-2010   #21 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesBlader
I didn't realize how bad this was until I read this thread...
Me neither. They really ****ed up this time.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-14-2010   #22 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

We are so ****ed.

05-15-2010   #23 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

This is just sad.
all the nice beaches are gonna become black thanks to bee pee

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

05-17-2010   #24 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSinned
You know, with all this crisis, they could've made temporary jobs for people to help clean up the oil.

So many unemployed, I'm pretty sure most of them wouldn't mind picking up something on the side to help their payments especially with this recession.
It's a nice thought, but who's gonna pay them? :/

I'm not saying I don't agree, but I have a friend who is in the army and had to help with the Hurricane Ike efforts a while back, and he got paid shit for it (had to take time off his job too, and his wife couldn't work because she was 6 months pregnant).

Kinda surprised there's not more volunteer groups pitching in for this though. I mean, it's like trying to use a cork to plug a hole in a dam, but at least it's something :|

Last edited by Mitchi; 05-17-2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: haha i typo so much ;_;

05-17-2010   #25 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
It's a nice thought, but who's gonna pay them? :/

I'm not saying I don't agree, but I have a friend who is in the army and had to help with the Hurricane Ike efforts a while back, and he got paid shit for it (had to take time off his job too, and his wife couldn't work because she was 6 months pregnant).

Kinda surprised there's not more volunteer groups pitching in for this though. I mean, it's like trying to use a cork to plug a whole in a dam, but at least it's something :|
That's what slowed the "recovery" operations. <-- about who is going to pay
Dumb big corporate oil companies are just pointing fingers and stuff so they can avoid paying everything.

Interestingly there was another oil spill that was way bigger scale than this. (I seriously never knew about it)
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/201...-How-bad-is-it

Technically Obama is doing everything, the oil companies are just crying over spilled oil. Everyone should just stop using BP if they can.

Last edited by kag; 05-17-2010 at 04:05 AM.

05-17-2010   #26 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Quote:
As we watch this, and see other photos and videos from the air and ground/sea level, we can agree with Wathen's comment: "The Gulf appears to be bleeding," which is chilling, considering the prophecy in Revelation 8:8: "The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze [appearance of the burning rig and slick], was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed." Most ships cannot travel through oil-infested waters without damage, any more than jets can fly through volcanic ash-infested airways.
from Firzen's link
I'm not exactlya very religious person but that made me shit bricks.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-17-2010   #27 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
Interestingly there was another oil spill that was way bigger scale than this. (I seriously never knew about it)
Gulf of Mexico oil spill: How bad is it? - CSMonitor.com
The one in Alaska about 20 years ago? They say the current oilspill is nearly approaching that level...

Well one good news is that from what I've heard, they've successfully installed a 1-mile-ish pipe that would redirect the oil to a container somewhere. How effective it would be is still yet to be determined. And it says nothing about repairing the damage already done...

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

05-17-2010   #28 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

In all honesty, how bad this is getting makes me feel like crying. I feel especially bad for the Louisianans. They get shafted so bad from so many things (hurricanes aside). That and I have a lot of extended family over there.

It's silly, but never have I wished more than now that stuff that happens in cartoons could happen in real life ._. (I'm referring to Avatar: the last air bender in the episode about the painted lady).

05-17-2010   #29 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Same here Mitchi, except I'm more worried about the sea creatures and bird sanctuaries. The oil started spilling during their breeding/migration season which includes a lot of rare species. I'm not too worried about the people though. Humans are resilient creatures and the US government won't leave just them in their time of need (unlike here, yet we're still alive).

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

05-17-2010   #30 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
Same here Mitchi, except I'm more worried about the sea creatures and bird sanctuaries. The oil started spilling during their breeding/migration season which includes a lot of rare species. I'm not too worried about the people though. Humans are resilient creatures and the US government won't leave just them in their time of need (unlike here, yet we're still alive).
I am too, since I've always loved the water. I'm honestly this close to just changing my field of study to the sciences and becoming a marine biologist like I wanted to when I was a kid. For all we know, there might not be much time left for a lot of the ocean's lifeforms, and in the worst case, at least that's one more person learning about the ocean before it all gets FUBAR'd.

There's so much about the oceans we still don't know.

05-19-2010   #31 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

The more I read the more sad I get. I am sick of greedy humans screwing stuff up.

05-19-2010   #32 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
from Firzen's link
I'm not exactlya very religious person but that made me shit bricks.
I agree with the bricks.

05-20-2010   #33 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
That's what slowed the "recovery" operations. <-- about who is going to pay
Dumb big corporate oil companies are just pointing fingers and stuff so they can avoid paying everything.

Gulf of Mexico oil spill: How bad is it? - CSMonitor.com

Technically Obama is doing everything, the oil companies are just crying over spilled oil. Everyone should just stop using BP if they can.
That article was written in April. Took me a while to find something relevant and recent( also forgot about it).

Anyway, this oil spill is actually a lot bigger than it was thought back in April.
A month into gulf spill disaster, major questions linger - Yahoo! News

BP's initial estimates were that 42,000 gallons a day was leaking. That's about 1,000 barrels a day. A few days later, the NOAA gave an estimate that was about 5 times that. Scientists looking at satellite photos gave an estimate that was 5 times that of the NOAA estimate. After weeks of prodding BP for videos of the actual leak so they could get a better estimate, they finally got a 30-second video which they used to estimate that 70,000 barrels of oil a day was leaking. That's 2.94 million gallons( 42 gallons in a barrel). That means every 4 days, it's leaking out more oil than the Exxon Valdez spill.

Estimates could get higher since BP released more footage of the leaks which showed that the smallest leak is actually leaking a larger volume of oil than people originally thought.

05-24-2010   #34 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Look at this.

05-27-2010   #35 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

BBC News - 'Top kill' method 'stops BP oil leak' in Gulf of Mexico

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-27-2010   #36 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

8 or so helicopters carrying a giant metal cork to the ocean?
I'm getting crazy, I didn't realize how bad this is until I read it, before I read it I was like, "omg they dropped a bottle of baby oil on the ocean"

05-27-2010   #37 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

How many engineers does it take to stop a leak?
Spoiler!

Last edited by kag; 05-27-2010 at 06:49 PM.

05-28-2010   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Don't think we're supposed to know if it worked until (according to even BP) two days or so after when they tried the fix.

Next fix: Junk shot; shoot 'junk' into the hole to try and clog it.

05-28-2010   #39 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

so is it going to become some kind of dead zone with all that oil...maybe a new species of life will be born not...

05-29-2010   #40 (permalink)
Special
Games

BBC News - 'Top kill' BP operation to halt US oil leak fails

gg