Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-15-2008   #1 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina
Default Dump the guy -- but not this way

Quote:
(The Frisky) -- Color me cynical ladies, but let's face it -- no matter how great your relationship might be going at the moment, chances are it's going to end. And while breaking up is never pleasant, why make the inevitable anymore painful than it has to be?
More @ Dump the guy -- but not this way - CNN.com

Any "sweet" /dumping a guy stuff you guys have in mind x3?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-15-2008   #2 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

EDIT:
after reading the comments AND the article, i've given this another chance
i misunderstood the first time
i thought the article was aimed exclusively towards girls, but it's basically talking about breakups in general

Last edited by WhatThePhuc; 08-15-2008 at 02:13 AM.

08-15-2008   #3 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

Kick him in the balls.

Okay not really. The nicest way would be for you to tell him up front, yeah? Although sometimes that's not possible... I did that disappearing thing once just because I was afraid of what the guy might do <____< Does that make me a bad person? .-.

08-15-2008   #4 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Ya I tried the disappearing thing too back in high school, but it doesn't work well since she went to the same high school and I was dating her friend lol...;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
LOL if you check the comments at the bottom of the page, they think she is an insult to women
this writer is freakin ignorant
Those comments are directed at a previous comment from a person by the name of "Sabrina," not the author of the article lol.

08-15-2008   #5 (permalink)
STEP

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute

oh shit didn't catch that
thanks mongo

08-15-2008   #6 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Quote:
My boyfriend of 7 years took me to Vegas for New Years Eve and left me there with no plane ticket, took my cell phone, and wallet with credit cards with him when he left. I had to rent a car and drive 1100 miles home through a severe snow storm and it cost $1,000.00. he told me he was leaving me to find out if I was tough enough to get home by myself!
Man, I found the comments more funny than the article itself. xD

08-15-2008   #7 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Mongo - 1

Step - Fail

I skimmed the article ._. ehhh.

モノノ怪

08-15-2008   #8 (permalink)
STEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicks
Man, I found the comments more funny than the article itself. xD
dude, i'm reading the comments right now
much better than the actual article lol

oh god lol:
"I was actually informed by my ex wife that she wanted a divorce via e-mail after I called her out about the affair she was having with a co-worker. To make matters worse she did this while I was in the UK on business and I came home to an empty house- Now thats cold!"

EDIT:
brandon's post is so true, well to me anyway:
"Additionally, guys have emotions. Just because they don't express them in the same manner as you doesn't mean they aren't there. You may prefer to cry, while we prefer to go occupy ourselves with a video game, sport or some other task to keep busy. That and usually our other guy friends will won't let us dwell on a breakup for too long."

Last edited by WhatThePhuc; 08-15-2008 at 02:10 AM.

08-15-2008   #9 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried:

1. Disappearing act

2. Up-front. "I can't be with someone who has no passion for life."

3. Call the posse to scare the guy.

They all work.

08-15-2008   #10 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Disappearing Act and Ignoring Act, works like charm for me x3.

08-15-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

BeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to BeanMarine Send a message via MSN to BeanMarine
Guild: [JW]

Whenever I confront my guy problems with my mother, she always plays the pacifist and tells me that I should just disappear and not speak to them again. I, however, believe that the guy deserves an explanation for why I decided to leave. Even though it will be awkward and uncomfortable, at least we can attempt to salvage what we previously had and give friendship a shot.

Just because an intimate relationship didn't work out doesn't mean that we should lose all contact with each other :3

08-15-2008   #12 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

Just be nice and don't cheat on them, that hurts more than being broken up with.

I've pulled a disappearing act before only to have the person track me down

08-15-2008   #13 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

i almost did something really bad.... i had a boyfriend who hated jpop.... actually, he hated everything i liked... how bout that.... so i burnt a cd for him with one song on it, its a shame i never gave it to him...

yeah.. send him a song.. in a language he doesnt know.... just to understand the word "Ex-boyfriend"

the reason i didnt do it that way was cuz i had to break up with him before i saw him next (we saw each other maybe... once a month? we dated for... what... 4 months, and saw each other..... 10 times tops? LOL

instead, i did it on the phone..... and he whimpered like a doggy begging me.... and i couldnt take it so i said, sorry... bye and hung up on him...

i guess that article came out too late...
OH WELLS! LOL

(although i feel the song was justified.... the freak tried to rape me..... "Can't get no more
since that incident, you're just my Ex-Boyfriend")

08-15-2008   #14 (permalink)
Mei
/gg FTW! Addict

Mei is on a distinguished road
IGN: Cherish
Class: Soul Master
Guild: Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanMarine
I, however, believe that the guy deserves an explanation for why I decided to leave. Even though it will be awkward and uncomfortable, at least we can attempt to salvage what we previously had and give friendship a shot.
This, I believe, is the best way to break up with anyone. Although it's easier said than done, if it can be done, the person one's breaking up with may (hopefully) lean from his or her mistakes.

^ very outdated ^

For the record, I've fallen off the face of online gaming but I've missed you guys. ;~;