ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   News & Current Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/news-current-events/)
-   -   Microsoft to Stop Selling Windows XP Today (http://ggftw.com/forum/news-current-events/2287-microsoft-stop-selling-windows-xp-today.html)

boomsticky 06-30-2008 12:31 PM

Microsoft to Stop Selling Windows XP Today

Microsoft to stop selling Windows XP today

I was reading the news and saw about the Microsoft XP ordeal. So, anyone looking for XP for their computer, good luck.

Guess you can discuss about whether Microsoft's strategy is good or bad.

I don't know about the S & D of XP this year, but I'm sure that in order to make more revenue, promote one active OS, not two...

Kusuriuri 06-30-2008 02:23 PM

Heh. We just bought a new computer for me today, it's shipping with XP on it o_O

Eh. It was too soon for this, IMO.

CountBlood 06-30-2008 02:26 PM

Eh at least They'll still support xp untill 2014 >.>
i actually want to try out vista. just because of all the negative comments and reviews about it

Khmer2k1d5 06-30-2008 02:34 PM

Too soon Q_____Q

Couldn't they wait until like.... next year?! 2 years before they stop making things compatible w/ it Q__Q

Solemn 06-30-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khmer2k1d5 (Post 31103)
Too soon Q_____Q

Couldn't they wait until like.... next year?! 2 years before they stop making things compatible w/ it Q__Q

OH, GOD! That would suck if they stopped compatibility with XP...but that won't happen. ;) Things are still compatible with Macs, 98's, etc. so we don't have to worry. But it does suck that they're going to stop manufacturing more.... :(

Noctis 06-30-2008 02:45 PM

They really suck. I hate how they're trying to force Vista down people's throats. Hopefully, they fix all the problems that people have with Vista quickly.

Kusuriuri 06-30-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountBlood (Post 31092)
Eh at least They'll still support xp untill 2014 >.>
i actually want to try out vista. just because of all the negative comments and reviews about it

I bought a Vista computer for my grandma while we were in Europe last month, mainly because it was practically impossible to find XP. Hated it. Compatibility issues out the ass with various programs. Dont get sucked in by the pretty user interface.

Khmer2k1d5 06-30-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solemn (Post 31107)
OH, GOD! That would suck if they stopped compatibility with XP...but that won't happen. ;) Things are still compatible with Macs, 98's, etc. so we don't have to worry. But it does suck that they're going to stop manufacturing more.... :(

In 2014 it won't be supported @_@;;

Miyuki 06-30-2008 04:56 PM

Dell still selling xp with the downgrade license loophole.

WhatThePhuc 06-30-2008 05:02 PM

hehe my laptop's xp...
i've heard too much stuff about vista, so i don't like it already

NoeJeko 06-30-2008 05:06 PM

My desktop was pure hell with Vista. It was so bad that I had to downgrade to XP after about a month; it didn't like any of the hardware in it.

My laptop was a different story - Vista has worked beautifully on it. I haven't had a single hardware compatibility issue out of it (Sony Vaio VGN-AR630E) and the only software issue I can remember was the Vista/Trickster/No Sound issue. I think it's just a matter of having hardware that's been designed and tested for Vista.

Overall, however, I dislike how they half-assed released a product before they could ensure compatibility; it reminds me a lot of the Windows Me flop in 2000. A further similarity is the upcoming Windows Codename 7 - I guess to be Vista's "XP".

Genchou 06-30-2008 06:07 PM

Omg... >_< I've heard so many bad things about Vista, I don't even want to try it out. My friend who owns Vista says that she can not find XP when she was trying to buy a desktop computer, so she was practically forced to get Vista.

Miyuki 06-30-2008 08:16 PM

"Developers/Programmers /rejects Windows Vista" anyway, try search for it why ;o.

One in the top10 reasons why you should avoids Windows Vista.

Khmer2k1d5 06-30-2008 08:26 PM

Shall we wait for Windows 7 in 2010?

khyle 06-30-2008 09:15 PM

i was supposed to buy volume licensing for the upcoming PCs,
which doesnt come pre-installed with XP *they were pre-installed with vista*
i opted for a no O/S-included bundle

got a follow up call yesterday from M$ from my order last week,
"we regrets to inform you that we have stopped distributing this product...
kindly upgrade to Vista OS which comes with increased desktop productivity え ... "

え,.. so can i use pirated XP OS for it ? *hangs up* XD

they fail to comprehend the revenues generated from it's stable OS
this marketing decision is rigged to market support for the junked Vista

M$ wont give-in to consumer demands now for another extension of selling XP
but maybe later this year we'll see some developments on this issue
http://khyle.rorikon.org/Uploads/Smilies/boo.gif

Miyuki 06-30-2008 09:29 PM

They kinda "pushes" most users to switches to Vistaids, including big companies <_<

Hell, who wanna /spends more just to make sure their machine is Vistaids compatible?

<_<...even their vistaids-fail-basic takes more resources than Windows XP Home.

Corky 06-30-2008 09:42 PM

Dang. Microsoft made a terrible decision. Ironic I'm posting on this on a Vista. I hate the Vista. I DOES NOT WANT TO RUN EVERYTHING AS AN ADMIN FFS. >_<

Miyuki 06-30-2008 09:52 PM

lol, my lappy comes with licensed vistaids home premium either :/

MsSquid 06-30-2008 10:00 PM

Luckily there's many illegal copies of XP so we should all be fine until they decided to weed those out too \o/

sExYgIrL93 07-03-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 31244)
Overall, however, I dislike how they half-assed released a product before they could ensure compatibility

Yet most Vista incompatibilities are caused by crappy 3rd party drivers, which isn't Microsoft's fault. In fact they gave them plenty of time to write proper drivers